Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on kitchen supplier problems

Options
  • 10-12-2015 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Ever since we designed and bought a kitchen from a 'popular' Dublin shop we have had one issue after another. We opted for our own fitter (as we had a builder doing work anyway and figured this approach would be smoother - how incredibly wrong we were). Since the beginning its been nothing but problems and stress :

Delivery messed up, wanted to deliver early with almost no notice and left up to me to manage the courier late one evening - sounds minor but the builder had planned around this.
    Builder told me the units were damaged, which I suspect was due to being unloaded and reloaded (courier was making a really big deal out of this).
    Missing parts of the kitchen.
    Bad colour mismatch between adjacent parts of the kitchen.
    One of the integrated doors keeps falling off, despite the supplier sending their own fitter out to attempt a fix. The builder told me the side panel is too thin to support the weight of the door.
    And just general lack of courtesy in replying to calls, constantly chasing up this guy.

When the salesman could still be bothered to communicate with us he blamed everything on our builder and fitter. We only saved €200 by not getting their fitter, they seem to feel this absolves them of any responsibility or after sales service.

Has anyone been in a similar situation, any advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mapera

Do they have a social media presence, either on facebook/twitter?... That can be an effective way of getting companies to be more responsive.

Sounds like some of the comments are open to discussion... if parts were damaged or missing it's open to argument as to whether it is the fitter or the suppliers fault. Really if they were damaged they should not have fitted.

It does seem strange that the side panel would not support the door weight... is either non standard? It is very easy when fitting to cause damage if overscrewing which could cause damage to the side panel.

The colour mismatch though is unarguably the suppliers fault.

Hope it has improved since your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

It might sound like sour grapes but as a (retired) kitchen fitter i would NEVER recommend you get a chippy let alone a builder to fit a kitchen...any idiot can throw in a kitchen but if its not fitted properly from the start you'll have one issue after the other, drooping doors, misaligned worktops etc...
    The colour variation can happen on carcasses tbh, but not generally noticable, except on exposed ends ....
    Parts missing is very common.....it usually takes at least 3 trips back to the supplier before the job is finished....
    I will admit theres a place , Crash and Curry Kitchens or something like that ;) which i actually refused to fit their kitchens because of poor quality and service...

Advertisement