Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Items ordered online haven't arrived

Options
  • 10-12-2015 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm sure this has come up before but I'm hoping someone might be able to advise in relation to my issue. I ordered clothes online from a company in France back in September which I paid for in full. Anyway delivery was slow to arrive and when I emailed the company it transpired they hadn't posted the parcel with the full address on it, just the area so when it came here it sat in the delivery depot and was returned to the company in France. They asked me for an alternative address ( which I gave as I was moving out of that property) and was assured that it would be posted on. That was back in October and I have only received one email from them since to confirm that the items were due to be posted. This was in early December and I've heard nothing (nor received )/anything since despite emails to them both in November and a few days ago. They won't even reply to my email so I haven't a clue where the items are. They are a reputable company... I've ordered stuff before and (admittedly after a lot of questions about my address) they sent the item. I'm fedup at this stage and would be happy to get my money refunded but since I'm not even getting an acknowledgment of my emails I'm not hopeful. Anyone have any advice on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd contact your credit card company for a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I'd contact your credit card company for a chargeback.

Can they do this even if the payment was made back in September? Wasn't sure if you had to request this within a certain time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Daisy78 wrote: »
    Can they do this even if the payment was made back in September? Wasn't sure if you had to request this within a certain time period.

They can yep.

Though make sure you paid with a credit card. Debit card transactions aren't usually covered for a chargeback (some banks might though).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Xzen wrote: »
    They can yep.

Though make sure you paid with a credit card. Debit card transactions aren't usually covered for a chargeback (some banks might though).

Visa debit has the same chargeback rights as a Visa Credit Card.

Advertisement