Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redirected to dodgy sites from Chrome and Twitter?

• 10-12-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

I was on Twitter and clicked a link from BusinessInsider's twitter to an article on their site and was redirected to gameofoffers.com. It brought me to a webpage saying Android was not updated and gave steps to install an app (Obviously a dodgy one) Had a pop up as well, when I tried to go back and couldn't exit the app. This all happened in the native in-app web browsing.

I thought Id check out the same page on the Chrome app and same thing happened only I was brought to apple.com-news.press saying I won an iPhone 6s. Then when I hit back pop ups came on. I tried again and the same thing happened only I was brought to antivirus.com-alert.xyz . I think Chrome stopped it and I was brought to a page saying "Deceptive Site ahead. Attackers on antivirus.com-alert.xyz may trick you into doing something dangerous like like installing software or revealing your personal information." There was also a box that I could tick saying "Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy" and a button saying "Back To Safety"

I had to close down/exit the apps through the screen where it shows what apps are open. Im on Three and was on my mobile.

Anyone else brought to the same sites? Have similar experiences? I saw on the Apple forum, some users were having similar issues

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Bump, anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Bump, anyone?

You're followng this, yeah?
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057531915/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was getting all that stuff during the week when I went on AccuWeather using Boat browser on 3. Didn't happen today though so maybe they've caught up with it.

long_b wrote: »
    I am indeed
    Was getting all that stuff during the week when I went on AccuWeather using Boat browser on 3. Didn't happen today though so maybe they've caught up with it.

What device are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Moto G2. Boat browser. It hasn't happened since, but I had it every time for four days. I presumed it was a problem with AW.
    Are you still getting it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The boarder

This happens allot on facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

This happens allot on facebook

Disable the internal browser in Facebook settings. This helped an awful lot for me.

Moto G2. Boat browser. It hasn't happened since, but I had it every time for four days. I presumed it was a problem with AW.
    Are you still getting it?

I havent clicked on links on twitter since. I might check soon if it still happens.
    dahat wrote: »
    Disable the internal browser in Facebook settings. This helped an awful lot for me.

I think it still happened for me when I didn't use the internal browser on Twitter

Advertisement