Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design of sewerage & percolation area cost

Options
  • 10-12-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

My engineer recently designed my sewerage and percolation area along with mapping it out. Although I didn't have the detail of this it was already mapped out as it's required for planning permission.

Anyway it came to almost €700 (inc. VAT). This also includes inspection and certification. Does this sound ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

BarneyMc wrote: »
    My engineer recently designed my sewerage and percolation area along with mapping it out. Although I didn't have the detail of this it was already mapped out as it's required for planning permission.

Anyway it came to almost €700 (inc. VAT). This also includes inspection and certification. Does this sound ok?

Sounds reasonable Barney, mine was approx €1250 and that was 4 years ago but she did have to come back twice due to some anomalies with the "p" and "t" results - soil wasn't great either

Sounds reasonable Barney, mine was approx €1250 and that was 4 years ago but she did have to come back twice due to some anomalies with the "p" and "t" results - soil wasn't great either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Just to be clear this did not entail the initial soil tests (test holes) and analysis required for the planning permission stage.

Just to be clear this did not entail the initial soil tests (test holes) and analysis required for the planning permission stage.

Hmmm ok , well I have a klargester system and I paid about 3.5k for the system and about another 1k for ground work, percolation pipe, pea gravel etc etc but the actual percolation area plan with levels etc was included but looking at the plan again there it seemed to have been drawn up by klargester (king span) themselves - perhaps the authorised klargester dealers get this as part of the package as my chap didn't do it himself that's for sure! Was submitted to planners without any issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Anyone else have an idea of costs for this? Even for the inspection and sign off for percolation area so I can work out the rest?

• Advertisement
Advertisement