Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching departments in accountancy firm

Options
  • 10-12-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I am currently working in a big 4 firm and want to move to the audit department from the department I'm currently in. I've already worked in audit in another firm and the audit department is looking for people. I have only been in my department 10 months as it is.

Who would I contact about a transfer, my boss? The audit boss? Or HR?

Not sure how to go about it without upsetting anyone

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Torres999 wrote: »
    I am currently working in a big 4 firm and want to move to the audit department from the department I'm currently in. I've already worked in audit in another firm and the audit department is looking for people. I have only been in my department 10 months as it is.

Who would I contact about a transfer, my boss? The audit boss? Or HR?

Not sure how to go about it without upsetting anyone

Express your interest in moving to your boss first, and see if they would be open to it.

Advertisement