Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was sent wrong dog food

• 10-12-2015 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi I've been reading boards for a long time but this is first post.
    I ordered red mills leader supreme online but was sent leader sensitive.
    Would anyone know if there's much difference in the two feeds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If you clearly ordered 1 item and they sent another then get on to them and ask them to send correct item, they will also have to pay postage to get the other back, or may let you keep it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Would anyone know if there's much difference in the two feeds.
    Supreme wrote:
    Composition
    Ingredients: Dehydrated Poultry Meat (22% Min ), Maize, Rice, Poultry Fat, Dehulled Oats, Linseed, Beet Pulp, Fishmeal, Seasoned Chicken Gravy, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Chicory Inulin
    Analytical Constituents
    Protein 23.0%
    Oil 15.0%
    Fibre 2.3%
    Ash 6.5%
    Moisture (Max) 10.0%
    Sensitive wrote:
    Composition
    Ingredients: Dehydrated Lamb Protein (22% Min), Rice, Pearled Barley, Sorghum Sunflower Oil, Linseed, Potato Protein, Beet Pulp, Lucerne, Savoury Lamb Gravy, Mono-dicalcium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Seaweed Meal, Chicory Inulin
    Analytical Constituents
    Protein 20.0%
    Oil 11.0%
    Fibre 4.5%
    Ash 8.5%
    Moisture (Max) 10.0%
    Not a major difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The sensitive has lamb instead of poultry and barley instead of maize. If you have some of the old food left I would just gradually mix the new stuff in with the old. Going by the ingredients I would prefer the sensative over the supreme anyway. If you don't want it though and it was their mistake they are obliged to take it back at no cost to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Thanks for the replies they're all appreciated. I had her on red mills star but after reading up on it mostly here on boards I realized the star was the worst of red mills products.
    Following the research I decided on leader supreme as best option been decent enough and affordable unlike some mm the other brands.
    So she's starting a new food anyhow and from reading above the sensitive and supreme are fairly similar.
    I'm only new to reading up the ingredients so I'm curious to know why the sensitive is better than supreme.

I realize I would be able to change because it's clearly their mistake but I guess what I'm asking is have I stumbled on a better option buy their mistake. The sensitive is a couple of euro dearer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I like to know exactly what I'm feeding. Lamb is lamb, poultry could be chicken, duck, turkey, pigeon? :D It could be any one or any combination of those and the meat source may vary between bags. Chicken in dogfood is also likely to be battery chicken which I don't buy, ever. Grain is not great but rice is fairly benign. Rice comes before the other grain in the sensitive meaning there is more rice than barley but in the supreme there is more maize than rice. Maize is also a very poor filler and although barley isn't great either, it's better than maize.

Thanks for the information.

Advertisement