Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound bins: new monthly versus annual charge

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

degsie wrote: »
    Just checked. Unless I'm blind I dont see any 'bungs' on my bins :confused:

If you look at the front of the bin it's about 3-4 inches in from the left edge and under the lip. It could be a smaller type that are siliconed in as well. It's usually black silicone type stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

guil wrote: »
    If you look at the front of the bin it's about 3-4 inches in from the left edge and under the lip. It could be a smaller type that are siliconed in as well. It's usually black silicone type stuff.

Improved eyesight this morning, I do indeed see the inserts now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

There's a new bit on the homepage of the website allowing you to choose your plan type online. I've just chosen to stay on the old plan.

Strange stuff today with our bin collections. The brown bin registered at 0kg (it was 3/4 full) and they charged €0 though it should be €3.60. The green bin registered at 1.5kg when it was jam packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

There's a new bit on the homepage of the website allowing you to choose your plan type online. I've just chosen to stay on the old plan.

Strange stuff today with our bin collections. The brown bin registered at 0kg (it was 3/4 full) and they charged €0 though it should be €3.60. The green bin registered at 1.5kg when it was jam packed.

Don't forget you not only need to select to stay on old plan but you need to add €250 credit to your account before 1 August - ridiculous

Don't forget you not only need to select to stay on old plan but you need to add €250 credit to your account before 1 August - ridiculous

€250?? Their email said €69.95.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

- Go with what the e-mail tells you to pay once you are happy with it. Customer's are on all different plan's and charges.

Mine is €199 a year for example.

Today is the last day for 10% top up bonus although this was aimed at pay by weight so not sure if Greyhound will honour it for yearly account's but I suppose it's worth a try because if you topped up with €200 -you would get another €20 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Apologies €250 for me was a flat rate for the 12 months all inclusive. That was valid until Jan 2017, I can't believe they are requesting another full years flat rate payment half way through the year. Surely it stands until Jan 2017? Or they credit back the unused balance if they want to change me to pay by weight.

I really want this brought to consumer protection or someone as all customers seem to have their rights overriden.

Apologies €250 for me was a flat rate for the 12 months all inclusive. That was valid until Jan 2017, I can't believe they are requesting another full years flat rate payment half way through the year. Surely it stands until Jan 2017? Or they credit back the unused balance if they want to change me to pay by weight.

I really want this brought to consumer protection or someone as all customers seem to have their rights overriden.

Ok. We were on €69 service charge plus €9 per lift black bin and €3.60 per lift brown bin.

I agree with you about requesting more money up front though. We had already paid up to October and I'm annoyed at being asked for the extra now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ok. We were on €69 service charge plus €9 per lift black bin and €3.60 per lift brown bin.

I agree with you about requesting more money up front though. We had already paid up to October and I'm annoyed at being asked for the extra now.

Call them. They didn't want extra money from me, even though I got exact same email as you. They said, that yes i was good until december, the correct date, and said they have put a note in my account. Phone queue was ~20 people about 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

These are some chancers.

Just got a letter regarding opting in to the service I already get.
    I'm glad they don't deliver milk

"Dear sir, thanks for being a milk customer. If you want to keep buying our milk please call and let us know, otherwise we'll start delivering lemonade."

Tools !

Seriously considering giving them the only kick in the arse I can and finding a new provider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Anybody else get a notice form Greyhound , saying if you wish to stay on the old flat rate payment you have to pay a month's in advance but when i signed up last year i already paid in advance. I put this to them but they just send the same response to me. Anybody having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jockstein

Yeah I got that from them. I was with them two years and I was wondering should I have to pay it now. Should they not have got that out of me at the start.
    Then yesterday I see they charged me an extra €1.65 for the month. When I rang them, they claimed that when I reverted back to the pay per month option. It didn't happen till the 4th of August because of the bank holiday. And they now claim I owe them for the three days. I feel if I paid for the month I paid for all of August and it is a bit cheeky two months later to come back and say you now owe us for a couple of extra days.
    They don't have any statements on there website of what I have been charged, so I asked the customer service person on the phone to send them to me, but I am still waiting.

The Minister has kicked the can down the road again - some little Country we live in.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/paybyweight-bin-charges-to-be-scrapped-by-cabinet-35271287.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Delta2113 wrote: »
    The Minister has kicked the can down the road again - some little Country we live in.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/paybyweight-bin-charges-to-be-scrapped-by-cabinet-35271287.html

That's good news, I didn't know they were planning to launch the charges again next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Ireland...a great little country!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭smjm

nava wrote: »
    That's good news, I didn't know they were planning to launch the charges again next month.
    They were only going to start issuing dual bills, so that people could compare how much the new and old systems would cost. The new system itself wasn't due to come in until July.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

you mean one that listens to voters issues and acts , :confused::confused::confused:

Anyone get a Greyhound New Customer letter recently? I need to decide now between Greyhound and Thorton's. You can see my Thorton's offer in Bin Charges by Company thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone get a Greyhound New Customer letter recently? I need to decide now between Greyhound and Thorton's. You can see my Thorton's offer in Bin Charges by Company thread.

Link please. PS why do bin companies not display their prices on the web.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057610059&page=6

Greyhound are the worst offenders for not displaying prices. They have neighbours on the same street paying different prices and they want to keep it that way. They price on family size, income etc. They don't want to provide a website that people can check and compare with other companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Gotta love the free market!

Advertisement