Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor v Team Faber Finale - Edgar v Mendes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Ryan was told to work, he threw punches, it's not anyone's fault Artem couldn't do anything about it besides Artem.

Don't disagree, but from the promotions perspective, pushing for a spectacle, it wouldn't have been amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Mendes via Submission
    Didn't see that coming at all. Expected a decision. Overall fights were meh tonight but Ferguson Barboza was something special.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lovely KO. Glad to see Frankie get the win. Hopefully if/when Conor beats Aldo Frankie gets his shot and loses Conor can say hes wiped out the division as planned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Fastest hands in the division for sure. Chad was unlucky, his game plan was working but he just had a lapse of concentration for a split second and Frankie steps in and floors him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Chad sure goes lights out seemingly a lot quicker than anyone else! Was gonna say Frankie in 1 cos he knows I'm also at lights out stage, thanks Frankie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Mendes via Decision
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    What's your point exactly?

My point is Edger beat Chad far more impressively then McGregor, If Conor beats Aldo i hope he gives Frankie a shot and doesn't move up right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Where does chad go from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mendes via Submission
    Don't disagree, but from the promotions perspective, pushing for a spectacle, it wouldn't have been amiss.

Feck that, the best fighter wins because he's fought the best fight, who cares if Dana doesn't like it. If you don't want to see grappling watch Glory or something. I hate that argument.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Probably back home, maybe to a bar

• Registered Users Posts: 39,232 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Love Frankie, what a finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Frankie showing he's the better fighter.
    Who's Chad's best win, Lamas?

Mendes via Submission
    Frankie getting cheeky about Dana, love it.

My point is Edger beat Chad far more impressively then McGregor, If Conor beats Aldo i hope he gives Frankie a shot and doesn't move up right away.

And he beat Chad a lot more impressively than aldo did.

Yet aldo beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Mendes via Submission

needs to take a good whack of time off but theres fight left in him, so much for frankies supposed lack of ko power!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think Chad might go down to 135, take a run at TJ.

Axwell wrote: »

Hilarious aren't you.

Time to for bed you have had enough.

Hilarious aren't you.

Time to for bed you have had enough.

Awww a little touchy? Maybe you should go to bed instead..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,232 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

To be fair he's list to the divusions top 3. Doesn't mean he isn't still 4th.

He'll work back up the top ten, gate keep for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Chad vs Cub is the fight to make. Both good fighters on a skid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mendes via Submission
    Lukker- wrote: »
    I think Chad might go down to 135, take a run at TJ.

That's a rough weight cut for Chad though, he'd have to shed some muscle to get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Delighted, Frankie has earned his shot, he's the best featherweight right now aside from Also, he'll offer a massive test to Aldo again and the result this time could be different. Frankie answers every question asked of him.

Mellor wrote: »
    To be fair he's list to the divusions top 3. Doesn't mean he isn't still 4th.

He'll work back up the top ten, gate keep for a bit.

I was joking..wasnt suggesting he hang up the gloves yet.

Hes definitely still got a place in the division and assuming Conor moves up after a defence against Frankie it leaves Chad in a good position for one more run at it.

Awww a little touchy? Maybe you should go to bed instead..

Youre been a smart arse for no reason. What's your problem?

Youre been a smart arse for no reason. What's your problem?

Whats yours? Get up on the wrong side of the bed? If you cant take a joke then maybe its time you logged off and got some sleep or had a snickers.

Whats yours? Get up on the wrong side of the bed? If you cant take a joke then maybe its time you logged off and got some sleep or had a snickers.

Whatever good luck.

Whatever good luck.

Night precious.

Mendes via Submission
    Going to go ahead and predict that if Conor wins he'll 'duck' Edgar and move up. Weight cut is already hell for him and Frankie would have Conor stylistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Mendes via Submission
    I feel in shock, between Artem's defeat and Frankie's KO, it's a all too much to compute, lol

Going to go ahead and predict that if Conor wins he'll 'duck' Edgar and move up. Weight cut is already hell for him and Frankie would have Conor stylistically.

Chad just isn't a natural striker.

Conor is much stronger in this area.

• Advertisement

Id hope there is enough mutual respect there that he would give Frankie the shot he deserves. Dana already screwed Frankie over and he deserves a chance and for it to be against McGregor. Its also a big fight and will bring in the money so im sure Conor can be convinced to go one more if theres a chance to defend it here in Ireland and then move up.

Advertisement