Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The luckiest man

• 10-12-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭

I think John Cena is the luckiest man in the world today. He's one of the biggest names in pro wrestling, he's a former world champion, Hollywood actor, travelled the world many times, he's a millionaire and is dating one of the hottest women in the world and is quite good looking and in tremendous shape

Triple h is also lucky as he married into the business legacy (smart move from him)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

No he most certainly is not. He worked hard and got rewarded for it.

I don't enjoy him as a performer but I admire and understand why he has been successful.

Honestly, I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,977 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

She is by now way one of the hottest women in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Triple H wasn't lucky either. He was smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Triple H was also a well established main eventer before he married Steph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

John Cena ''the luckiest man'', that is the funniest thing i have read all day..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    John Cena ''the luckiest man'', that is the funniest thing i have read all day..

You should try reading some of his Creative Writing :pac:

John Cena & Creative Writing?? Never thought i'd put those in a sentence, got any links on this??

John Cena & Creative Writing?? Never thought i'd put those in a sentence, got any links on this??

I was talking about the OP ;)

Ah okay :pac:, forget my previous then..

• Advertisement

Ah okay :pac:, forget my previous then..

Forget what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Ah no need for those kind of digs.

John Cena is a very hard worker and that's played a huge part in where he is today. I suppose you could say being blessed with great genetics is lucky but that's the same for every sport.

People who are lucky are the ones who got in through family imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well so the Rock is lucky then going by that logic. His whole family were/are in the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well so the Rock is lucky then going by that logic. His whole family were/are in the business.

To be fair, he did kinda get lucky. After the disaster that was Rocky Maivia, most people wouldn't have gotten the same chances Rock did. Not saying he didn't work hard for his success, but he got a little lucky to be given another chance after that failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    To be fair, he did kinda get lucky. After the disaster that was Rocky Maivia, most people wouldn't have gotten the same chances Rock did. Not saying he didn't work hard for his success, but he got a little lucky to be given another chance after that failure.

Yep exactly. Nobody gets to where the Rock is without a lot of talent and hard work but he's been afforded great opportunities because of his family. Could probably say the same for Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quarefarmers

Levesque was only average,
    Micheals was great performer and athlethe but again got Away with a lot of stuff

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

As a certain wrestler once said, "Luck is for losers".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

You could argue that luck doesn't exist, but a lot of people have just been right place, right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

No need to insult fellow users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I think John Cena is the luckiest man in the world today.

Triple h is also lucky as he married into the business legacy (smart move from him)

Sure they're the two most important men in wrestling, after Vince. I think 'blessed' would be a better term? But Cena would be right place/right time lucky to get his initial break, when Steph heard him wrapping on a coach journey. Everything after that he's worked extremely hard to get.

Aitch is very clever to have married into the position, I guess lucky that the bosses' daughter married him.

• Advertisement

You got the wrong kind of wrapping in your post Jay :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ah it IS Christmas after all! :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Still better than the other common misspelling of rapping..

Advertisement