Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chandler house henry st

• 10-12-2015 10:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

lovely apartments in this developement and not expensive, is the location the reason

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

That area is a dive, and becoming one of Limerick's newer ghettos. Generally those buildings were very poorly built. I'd steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

zulutango wrote: »
    That area is a dive, and becoming one of Limerick's newer ghettos. Generally those buildings were very poorly built. I'd steer clear.

Is Chandler House not just right next Howleys Quay?
    Hardly a dive? The upper end of Henry St, is gone bad, but I wouldn't say the area where Chandler House is is bad. It's pretty much across the road from our only 5 Star Hotel.

I don't know anything about the build quality, but given the time they were built I would say be wary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 joe_five_pack

the apartments are absolutely superb in every way , i dont know enough about the adress but you are dead wrong about the build quality in that block

the apartments are absolutely superb in every way , i dont know enough about the adress but you are dead wrong about the build quality in that block

Have you a had an engineers report done?
    Build quality is very different to finish quality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 joe_five_pack

Treepole wrote: »
    Have you a had an engineers report done?
    Build quality is very different to finish quality.

do you have reliable information to suggest build quality is poor ?

• Advertisement

do you have reliable information to suggest build quality is poor ?

No need to be so defensive, I don't know your level of knowledge in the area so I'm just giving some words of caution. I don't know anything about that specific build but I worked in the building trade for a number of years and anyone considering buying any in development that was constructed over the past 10/15 years would be very foolish not to have the property thoroughly inspected by an engineer.

Sorry! I was mixing it up with one of the buildings down by Steamboat Quay. Ignore me.

Chandler House is pretty ok. I was in one apartment there a few years ago. Can't remember what type of heating they have. Anybody know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Sorry! I was mixing it up with one of the buildings down by Steamboat Quay. Ignore me.

Chandler House is pretty ok. I was in one apartment there a few years ago. Can't remember what type of heating they have. Anybody know?
    Most likely electric storage heaters

Storage heaters tend to reflect fairly poor standard developments. They're easy and cheap to design into a building and to install. The flip side is that they are expensive to run and impossible to control. Personally, I would never buy a property that has storage heaters.

Advertisement