Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Christmas Lights?

Options
  • 10-12-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

We have a little tradition where we drive around and look at all the lights on the houses in our area. There isn't anything really spectacular but it's still nice to see them.

This year I'd like to go see a house or two that really pushes the boat out. I thought it would be nice for people to post where to find really awesome houses around the country.

In Dublin there's a house on Bath Avenue that has been decorated for charity for years and years. There's one on Bannow Road in Cabra too.

Any others that are a must see?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Christmas house on Thorndale Avenue in Artane is fantastic every year.

?width=605

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aputernut

Come see ours, 6 homes and our huge display which is not only the front of our home (that's to easy) but all around all 4 sides plus a laser light show on our cul de sac, my video on Utube is blowing up and the great replys on other Christmas forums are awesome, I may be dropping this forum because by the time I am allowed to post, Christmas will be over.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Aputernut wrote: »
    Come see ours, 6 homes and our huge display which is not only the front of our home (that's to easy) but all around all 4 sides plus a laser light show on our cul de sac, my video on Utube is blowing up and the great replys on other Christmas forums are awesome, I may be dropping this forum because by the time I am allowed to post, Christmas will be over.

Yeah, I doubt many Boards.ie users will be passing through Florida on their daily commute home.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Is this anything like yours Aputernut? It's got a few more than 6 houses in it, but it's pretty amazing.

Just found another one of it at night

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aputernut

Not a one home shows you their inside like I do on mine because mine is all lit up inside as well as outside and beautifully done if I do say so myself. LOL And the now 7 homes on our street are done amazingly beautiful, no inflatable up junk etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My parents' neighbours had an inflatable snowman and my nephew was fascinated by it when he was a toddler. I love seeing how happy little kids are when they see the big inflatable decorations.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Not a one home shows you their inside like I do on mine because mine is all lit up inside as well as outside and beautifully done if I do say so myself. LOL And the now 7 homes on our street are done amazingly beautiful, no inflatable up junk etc.

Are you not afraid of attracting burglars?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Posy wrote: »
    The Christmas house on Thorndale Avenue in Artane is fantastic every year.
    I don't think the house is decorated this year. I've no clue why. :(

Posy wrote: »
    I don't think the house is decorated this year. I've no clue why. :(

That's a pity. We're hoping to head out to look at some of the big displays on Saturday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

You seem to be awful full of yourself, you are coming across as very arrogant.

Ok, you cannot post a YouTube link of your decorations, but tell us what to search for in YouTube and I'm sure we will find it.

• Advertisement

Just saw this list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

There's a house down here in wexford just outside town in drinagh which is done every year. This man goes all out ferris wheels the lot. All money raised goes to charity as well which is great. I'll try get a few pictures up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just saw this list.
    We go to see Whoriskys house in Donegal every year when we are up visiting the in-laws as it's not far away from them. They always do a great job and collect vital funds for local charities.

Went to see the house in Sallynoggin the other day. I think it's Pearse Villas but I don't know the area so I could be wrong. It was great. Really well put together. It almost looked classy! (Although Christmas decorations shouldn't be too classy really!) I don't know what charity they're collecting for because there was a bit of a queue of cars looking at it so my husband just jumped out quickly to donate. Worth a look if you're nearby.

Went to see the house in Sallynoggin the other day. I think it's Pearse Villas but I don't know the area so I could be wrong. It was great. Really well put together. It almost looked classy! (Although Christmas decorations shouldn't be too classy really!) I don't know what charity they're collecting for because there was a bit of a queue of cars looking at it so my husband just jumped out quickly to donate. Worth a look if you're nearby.

oooooh I'll have to have a look at this one :)

Advertisement