Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Christmas Tree Lights to buy?

Options
  • 10-12-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Where is the best place/price to buy Christmas tree lights this year?
    Need lots asap!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Homestore and more for me has the best selection and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Thanks a million, dont want to panic buy but its getting late!
    Heard topline was good also but cant see any prices online!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Another vote for Homestore and More! Also if your near a Heaton's they had some lovely ones this year, and very reasonably priced. Avoid Woodies, they were really overpriced when I looked about a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Bought 360 supabrights in home store 25 euro. Put them on my large doorway arch and you could see it from space. Lovely bright lights led and stay cool also multi function. I'm very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I got some great long strings of lights (LED) in Dunnes Home a few years back, very good value indeed.

• Advertisement

Warm lights are what I'm looking for, will check Heaton's also

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

youngblood wrote: »
    Warm lights are what I'm looking for, will check Heaton's also

I'm raving! (it's the hangover, and it was very early when I posted)

They specifically WEREN'T LED lights I got, they were the old-style warm white ones. They're lovely. Haven't had a tree up in a year or two, so haven't seen them in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 YeaYeaSure

You can get warm LED's now. Look the exact same as the older style lights when on. Safer and bulbs don't go. Homestore has 360 with remote control for €25.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They still don't look like the fairy lights though- my mother will only still get fairy lights because the leds (even the warm ones) are very bright!

I know but I'm over the lights not working/cant find the replacement bulbs/ get me the face tester malarky!
    Still need to get some sorta lights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Posy wrote: »
    They still don't look like the fairy lights though- my mother will only still get fairy lights because the leds (even the warm ones) are very bright!

I'm the same, I hate the coloured leds, way to bright with that awful harsh blue too, yuck. So I'm suffering the bulbs blowing on the fairy lights too, which has happened once already this year. I really need to buy a new set for next year, they are really hard to find now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 YeaYeaSure

The LEDs I purchase this year are in no way too bright (they are warm)and I always hated the LED superbright look and the cold blue look to the lights. If you are worried about the brightness go for a frosted glass warm . That will tone the sharpness right down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Yeah I have some lovely warm white LEDs but I can't find nice coloured ones anywhere that don't have that blue in them, hate the blue. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

HomeStore and More have a 50% sale on chrismas lights today.

Some good bargains

I just bought them Saturday! D'oh!

Still made great savings so can only imagine what it will be like today

Best place for Christmas lights price wise anywhere around!

Advertisement