Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargeback in Permanent TSB?

• 10-12-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I purchased online goods but got scammed basically, I contacted paypal but they advised to do a full chargeback via bank.

I am with Permanent TSB, how or who do I contact to do charge back? It needs to be done as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you paid for something via PayPal, the PTSB can't do a chargeback on that transaction - you need to deal with PayPal and their procedures.

To simplify: when you paid via Paypal, PayPal paid the seller. PayPal then took they money from PTSB. So PTSB have only paid money to PayPal, not the seller, so they have no further involvement if you have an issue with the seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

BuffyBot wrote: »
    If you paid for something via PayPal, the PTSB can't do a chargeback on that transaction - you need to deal with PayPal and their procedures.

To simplify: when you paid via Paypal, PayPal paid the seller. PayPal then took they money from PTSB. So PTSB have only paid money to PayPal, not the seller, so they have no further involvement if you have an issue with the seller.

PTSB suggested I contact Visa office near Stephens Green, they said they will most likely resolve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Is it not Paypal that are doing the buck passing here?

Advertisement