Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

age of empires- best laptop to run this on?

• 11-12-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I recently got aoe 3 for pc and I was wondering what would be the best laptop to run it on? Would I need Windows Vista or XP to run it or what? Sorry I'm not tech savvy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anything made in the last 5 years should do.

AOE3 is 10 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alex Carry

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anything made in the last 5 years should do.

AOE3 is 10 years old.

So I wouldn't need any thing specifically speaking? Thanks for the reply

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Any modern laptop even of terrible specs will run it. It runs on my crappy Windows tablet perfectly

Any modern laptop even of terrible specs will run it. It runs on my crappy Windows tablet perfectly

And would I need Windows Vista or XP or something different from running Windows 8 now?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nope. Works fine on W8 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CPU: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP
    CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
    RAM: 512 MB
    Video Card: 128 MB video card with support for Hardware Transformation & Lighting
    Sound Card: Yes
    Free Disk Space: 2 GB
    CD-ROM: 32X Speed CD or DVD-ROM
    CPU: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent
    CPU Speed: 1.4 GHz
    RAM: 256 MB
    Video Card: 64 MB video card with support for Hardware Transformation & Lighting
    Sound Card: Yes
    Free Disk Space: 2 GB
    CD-ROM: 32X Speed CD or DVD-ROM

Pretty sure my phone beats those specs :D

Cheers everyone! Appreciate the help

Advertisement