Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplementary worksheets/Book/No Book

• 11-12-2015 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

So what do folk on here do.
    I went nuts in the HDip doing out at least one worksheet for every class. Now I mostly stick to the book or throw some tasks of my own on the board. I suppose I'd like to tailor my lessons a bit more but finding the time is tough.

What material do you use for teaching! 12 votes

I'm mostly a book person.
    0% 0 votes
    I use all me own notes and exercises.
    16% 2 votes
    I supplement books with extra handout sheets
    25% 3 votes
    Use IT to present material instead of books.
    58% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I have two subjects it differs in both. In maths I use the book supplemented by material. In music I don't use a book at all, I use my own ibooks/notes and project the scores from my ipad where required.

I found the first two years in music were hell on earth creating my own materials. Nowadays its much easier. Except when the course changes (like this year in 5th year argh!!). I've also finally nailed down my google drive folder structure so I can actually find things and keep track of them better. The organisation is helping a lot!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I am primary learning support so no real text books, I pull from lots of different sources and use online stuff as well as teacher designed.LOTS of work involved.

Advertisement