Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Newcastle 4:00pm Sky Sunday 13th December White Hart Lane

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

**** Sake. Hugo should have saved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

There's our spurs back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's the worst 45 minutes from Spurs all season. We were absolutely awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Every time you dare to start believing......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Son is another Townsend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well Sugarlumps was correct in the opening post.

Pain. And lots of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

we don't have the firepower to punish teams when are on top.

Midfield disappeared, no service to Kane.

Spursy :(

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

That's the 3rd or 4th game at WHL in recent weeks that teams have come and sat deep and we don't seem capable of playing around them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well Sugarlumps was correct in the opening post.

Pain. And lots of it.

Forgive me.giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

And tomorrow is Monday gahhhhhh, ruined the end of the weekend. We were poor second half, Dier and Eriksen had stinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

And someone said that draw last week was a good result?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

In a way im glad the unbeaten run is over, didnt really like it hanging over them.
    But not like this :­/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great chance to go 4th missed today,always the same.very spursy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

It seems we just cannot kill teams when we take the lead. The two points dropped at the Emirates should have been cause for concern and not celebration at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

FFS. Just arrived home from abroad and made sure I didn't hear any scores so that I could watch a recording of the game. Why did I bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I don't mean to add to the negativity but these results are eye openers. As well as we are doing we are three points above 11th place. It's a crazy season.

Given the way the league has panned out, I wonder if dropping out of the Europa League may have been a wise strategic move. Regardless of how many players played on Thursday, the squad only had a two days to prepare for today's match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Awful performance 2nd half, got what we deserved. Lloris was shocking for the winner too.

Very tight league, couple of points away from the 4, and a couple away from mid table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

I'm not gonna have a go at anyone for that today. Damn sure its a shiote result but go explain it. I can't. Why did it happen. God knows. Kinda glad the unbeaten run is over as it might stop the players thinking about not losing and they might just out more to try and win games.

Disappointed but hardly surprised. Still a good old spurs trait. It was all set up to land ourselves into 4th and be masters of our own destiny ahead of out probable nearest rival for that spot. Come 93 minutes and we're 5/6/7th place fodder again. Typical us. Amazing how we still can't defend set pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I had a bad feeling about this one but kept quiet as I didn't want it to happen.

We will regret those draws at the end of the season I'm sure but I'll be interested in seeing how we cope over the Christmas period. Dropping points between now and January is not going to happen if we want to keep up with the pack.

Crucial few weeks for the club coming up IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

a bad day but not the end of the world - we had enough chances in the first half to win it but 1-0 is always a very tricky scoreline and anything can happen - we've seen it many times before.

but overall we have a decent side and we are progressing under Pochintino. ENIC need to back him to the hilt in the transfer market as we are very light up top. If they don't it's gonna be 5th-7th again and no real progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

but overall we have a decent side and we are progressing under Pochintino. ENIC need to back him to the hilt in the transfer market as we are very light up top. If they don't it's gonna be 5th-7th again and no real progress.

...... that's if its league success they're after (which they aint) then it should be the done thing. Sadly it would appear that fattening of calves is the object of the game for now. Stadium needs paying for. Anyone wanna guess how much Eriksen, Kane and Alli go for :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

...... that's if its league success they're after (which they aint) then it should be the done thing. Sadly it would appear that fattening of calves is the object of the game for now. Stadium needs paying for. Anyone wanna guess how much Eriksen, Kane and Alli go for :(

Yeah they're always selling players who don't wanna leave. Bale, Berbatov and Modric wanted nothing other than to have league success with Spurs. It's not like they went on strike and refused to play for the club.

Then the fat calves kept all the Bale money for themselves. By rights they should've splurged it all on the squad, we would've won the league for sure.

Spending money is always the best way to have success.

Ormus wrote: »
    Spending money is always the best way to have success.

spending it well is the key - having a clear plan and securing targets early in transfer windows helps a lot. Levy either doesn't grasp this or just wants to do things his way to the determent of the club.

A change of tact would be nice in January - no more fúcking around for free-transfers on 31st Jan please.

lets see......

spending it well is the key - having a clear plan and securing targets early in transfer windows helps a lot. Levy either doesn't grasp this or just wants to do things his way to the determent of the club.

A change of tact would be nice in January - no more fúcking around for free-transfers on 31st Jan please.

lets see......

Spending it well eh, such as you suggesting the other day that we should buy Andre Ayew at any price and at any wages, to be back up to Kane.

You didn't even know his name, other than he wears the 10 jersey for Swansea.

You see no irony in criticising the club for not spending money well?

Spending it well eh, such as you suggesting the other day that we should buy Andre Ayew at any price and at any wages, to be back up to Kane.

You didn't even know his name, other than he wears the 10 jersey for Swansea.

You see no irony in criticising the club for not spending money well?

Let's see what happens

Let's see what happens

As opposed to controlling the course of events ourselves?

As opposed to controlling the course of events ourselves?

As apposed to over analysing what might happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement