Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundations

Options
  • 11-12-2015 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Do they all now have that pigmented glitter effect?

I got True Match for work and it did, then bought Revlon Photo Ready.
    Still pigmented glitter effect.

Are they all like this now?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Not at all.
    Do those foundations you mentioned say anything like "highlighting" or "glow"?
    Most foundations don't have this glitter effect.

It sounds like what you're describing is a highlighter; a shiny serum or powder that you sweep across the top of your cheeks to make them glow.
    Maybe those foundations have that built in?

Anyway, I've used dozens of foundations over the years (currently using Estee Lauder DoubleWear) and I've never had a glittery one.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

I use True Match at work and haven't found it glittery. If anything, i think it's thick and quite matte

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Thanks. It's probably just me. I thought was bizarre that the two foundations had same effect.

Want to get one for occasions and was thinking INGLOT HD. Anyone used that?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I use True Match also and am getting a new one tomorrow so the information in this thread is relevant. Thanks ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Smile111 wrote: »
    Thanks. It's probably just me. I thought was bizarre that the two foundations had same effect.

Want to get one for occasions and was thinking INGLOT HD. Anyone used that?
    I use it, it has good coverage but I find it sets quite quickly on my skin (my skin is quite dry) so I have to work quickly with it. I also prefer to blend it with a damp sponge than a brush - gives a better finish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Any chance the glittery effect is coming from a primer or moisturiser you're using?

I haven't been using a primer.I use Nivea moisturiser.

Hey all,

So I have cleansed and toned a million times now and put on revlon photo ready make up.
    Still that glitter effect... Any make up artists know why this might be happening?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Smile111 wrote: »
    Hey all,

So I have cleansed and toned a million times now and put on revlon photo ready make up.
    Still that glitter effect... Any make up artists know why this might be happening?

Thanks

That foundation has glitter in it- true match doesn't as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Are you using the same brush/sponge for both foundations? It might just be that there's some residue left on it from the Revlon that's making it seem like the L'Oreal one is glittery too.

• Advertisement

Using my fingers. Was trying to be savy by buying cheaper brands but doesn't always pay off ha.

I was really getting annoyed with the glittery foundation so ended going to pharmacy yday. Bought NYX foundation for dirt cheap. ( Will do for work) Seems fine.No glittereffect - Yipee!:)
    A lot better than Revlon and L'oreal true match in my opinion.

Want to buy a more luxury one too for occasions but will def be getting samples before buying!

Thinking Inglot HD and Stilla Buff.

Inglot HD is great. None of the shimmer or glittery effect you're talking about. Really smooth flawless look to it.

Brilliant thanks W. That's exactly what I am looking for.:) Will go and get matched and hopefully pick one up.

What brush set do ye recommend?
    I normally use my fingers but thinking of buying a set.
    Nothing over 50.

Advertisement