Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12 days of Christmas film franchise thread

• 11-12-2015 10:48am
    Site Banned Posts: 14

NB Numerical omissions made to series franchises such as Burton's Apes, Martin's Panther, Abram's Trek, Zombie's Halloween & 13th have been made because superfluous entries constitute reboots and are not part of the original series cannon.

12 Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan's
    11 Friday the 13th's (Including Freddy V Jason)
    10 Star Trek's
    9 Pink Panther's (including A Shot in the Dark)
    8 Halloween's
    7 Police Academy's
    6 Chucky's
    5 Planet of the Apes'
    4 Indiana Jones'
    3 Back to the Futures
    2 Airplanes
    1 ET

Would anyone like to substitute an alternative series for any of the numerical values?
    Perhaps do a worst of variation. i.e 1 Spice Girls the Movie, 2 Charlies Angels' etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

NB Numerical omissions made to series franchises such as Burton's Apes, Martin's Panther, Abram's Trek, Zombie's Halloween & 13th have been made because superfluous entries constitute reboots and are not part of the original series cannon.

12 Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan's
    11 Friday the 13th's (Including Freddy V Jason)
    10 Star Trek's
    9 Pink Panther's (including A Shot in the Dark)
    8 Halloween's
    7 Police Academy's
    6 Chucky's
    5 Planet of the Apes'
    4 Indiana Jones'
    3 Back to the Futures
    2 Airplanes
    1 ET

Would anyone like to substitute an alternative series for any of the numerical values?
    Perhaps do a worst of variation. i.e 1 Spice Girls the Movie, 2 Charlies Angels' etc.

I don't get it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭NinetyForNone

5 Die Hards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

7 XMen Movies - that kinda thing? I know Id sooner sit through 7 of them than 7 Police Academy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

1. And a Partridge in a Moviiiieeee - (Alpha Papa)

• Site Banned Posts: 14 OtisPeabody

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    1. Partridge Moviiiieeee - (Alpha Papa)

Excellent contribution. It's just a pity that the film itself was sub Par-tridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Excellent contribution. It's just a pity that the film itself was sub Par-tridge.

I liked it but I appreciate your wordplay too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Well, your number 4 clearly is a mistake because there are only three Indiana Jones films, d'ya hear me!

• Site Banned Posts: 14 OtisPeabody

quickbeam wrote: »
    Well, your number 4 clearly is a mistake because there are only three Indiana Jones films, d'ya hear me!

I would argue that they steadily declined from first to last

Advertisement