Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apparenntly blocked calls

Options
  • 11-12-2015 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

My wife has a meteor mobile and her cousin has a vodaphone.
    whem my wife rings the cousin it shows on the screen as Mary calling but does not ring. Texts from Mary do not arrive.
    Calls and Texts from the cousin arrive ok to Marys phone. all was well until recently when the cousin changed her tariff. On advice of helpful vodaphone technician ,both deleted the contacts and re entered them. no difference.

Any ideas,

assuming someone can help ,heres another one, I have three Belgian friends , I can call them from my meteor but sent texts do not arrive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Is Mary the wife or cousin? I am a little confused.

Either way, it looks like something specific to the user profile on the network. So, both should call their network provider and complain. It may take an escalation to senior support for the right digging to be done. I doubt it is a phone handset issue, and unlikely to be a general network issue, so it would be specific to their profiles on the networks.

For your international friends, Meteor may not have a transit/partnership agreement to allow texts to be sent to that foreign network, or the foreign network may not allow incoming texts from Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Check the blocking and privacy settings first. Some handsets store the blocks separately to the contacts so deleting the contact doesnt "reset" the settings related to the number.

Advertisement