Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which phone is the old p2 or a cannondale caad

Options
  • 11-12-2015 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

one for the techies
    so my iphone 4 is dying ( it cost me approx 6 euro a month approx 2.5 have a sim only contract over )
    so i wonder what is out there that is no bull **** and works.

to be honest nothing i missed from the 4 apart from a dual sim card , internet that is a bit faster and a slighly bigger screem would be good but not a monster screem if i can avoid , as i like the 4 to carry around.

I do hate to use the phone ( i hate it if i dont see people when i talk ) so at least it it should have a good voice transmition ( something the iphone 4 did not do very well in my mind )

what i like aobut the i phone is that the touch screem works very well ( and i do defo want at least as good as this and with most phones before have struggled using the touch screem) and I think do like the way the apple phone work simple clear and uncomplicated ( at least 2.5 years ago when i looked the last time at phones i found it easier to use than android or microsoft ( this could well have changed and iam happy to change )

the other thing I like is a decent video camera with slow motion
    and if it was water proof (ish) that would be god as i have waterlocked some phones ( i see there is a sony and a motorola phone could fit )

oh as mentioned a dual sim card phone would be good and often use another sim card
    the rest like desgin weight etc i could not care robust is what i want and buy a silicon case around the phone anyway. i dodnt do selfies i dodnt play games

I guess the simplest option would be to go to the 5 which i see i can get for a similar price i paid for the 4 (under 200 euro)
    but i wonder anything else out their that i should have a look at ( i dont care aobut the brand if it is a soild built phone)

I saw this below a bit big but I guess that would do me ( or not ???)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4290555/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%252C%2BPCs%2Band%2Bphones%7C14418968/c
    anything else
    if you have a 2nd hand phone lying around you wanna sell cheap dont worry to put it up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Samsung Galaxy S5 ticks a lot of those boxes:

works well as a phone
    large touchscreen
    dual sim
    good front and rear cameras
    good video
    IP67 certification so you can use it underwater (<1m for 30mins). I've used mine as an underwater video camera for analysis.
    Uninspiring design ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

There wee 2 techies reviewing phones on The Last Word last week. I believe for mid range one recommended a Motorolla and the other a One plus One. Here's the podcast

Just go to the end for their summaries

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

the motorla one has a screen that won't break and a charge that holds for three days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i'd have a look here as an option:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057457338

the s5 gets slated as a phone, samsung lost the plot on that one, s4 good, s6 very good, but the s5..:(

one plus one is the old model, tough to get, would think it was probably the one plus x they were recommending, you need an invite to order it , or else it's anyone can buy on a tuesday only. the more expensive model is the one plus two which replaced the one plus one

the one plus models are dual sim. dual standby though rather than dual active

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

tunney wrote: »
    the motorla one has a screen that won't break and a charge that holds for three days.

cant find that phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

tunney wrote: »

lovely phone ,thats a p6 ;-)
    i guess that will the the 2018 phone for me .
    do they have one slower a camera with less pics
    but the same battery , screem and water resitance ?

Advertisement