Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router

• 11-12-2015 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Anyone has any experience with this router?

It has some great reviews or an AC router and excellent range, but my question is how do you utilize all that speed when LAN ports are only 10/100T which max out at 100mbps.

Idea I had is to use this router in conjunction with my UPC router and then over LAN extend the range and increase the wifi speeds and also have 2.4ghz and 5ghz network at the same time.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you looking at an old one?

http://xiaomi-mi.com/mi-wifi/xiaomi-mi-wifi/

Xiaomi have it as full gigE.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Hi,

The one I was referring is here: http://xiaomi-mi.com/mi-wifi/router-xiaomi-mini-wifi-white/

It's pitty they advertise it as AC router when realistically those speeds cannot be achieved.

Even when used as a wifi repeater, the router is only able to connect to 2.4 GHZ wifi so no good.

ah well..

They arent the only ones doing it, my C20i has AC but 10/100 ports, still useful if you shunt stuff over your WLAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

ED E wrote: »
    They arent the only ones doing it, my C20i has AC but 10/100 ports, still useful if you shunt stuff over your WLAN.

ED you seem to be well tuned into this. Im still well behind on all the stuff.

Could you help me out on how could I connect to xiaomi router to achive higher speeds. Im limited by LAN ports and it will not connect to 5ghz, while my uPC Ubee can transmit up to 200mb over 5ghz but only over very short range.

Thanks in advance!

As an extender, you cant really.

Its only useful for small apartments and hotel rooms. You should go ahead and purchase a proper AC access point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement