Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tv for my xbox one

Options
  • 11-12-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hit me with your suggestions please,

Budget of approx 500Euro.

I could put this in the tv section but I would get more relatable responses in here I feel.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have a Sony Bravia and LG that I use with my XB
    They are both 44', the Sony is an Internet TV, 3 HDMI slots, 3 USB slots, you can record TV onto an external HDD through the USB.
    The LG has 2 HDMI slot, 2 Scart slots, thats it.
    The LG is about 10 or so years old, cost us €800 at the time and the quality has been fantastic for watching TV and playing games through all my consoles
    The Sony is about 2 years old, while it is just as good, for some reason I find the LG a lot better but both are top quality.
    The Sony cost me €250 which was a great deal thanks to their "We will beat any other price" promotion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

I have a Sony Xperia and LG that I use with my XB
    They are both 44', the Sony is an Internet TV, 3 HDMI slots, 3 USB slots, you can record TV onto an external HDD through the USB.
    The LG has 2 HDMI slot, 2 Scart slots, thats it.
    The LG is about 10 or so years old, cost us €800 at the time and the quality has been fantastic for watching TV and playing games through all my consoles
    The Sony is about 2 years old, while it is just as good, for some reason I find the LG a lot better but both are top quality.
    The Sony cost me €250 which was a great deal thanks to their "We will beat any other price" promotion :D

250Euro for a 44" tv thats unreal!! And idea what price they are now? Is there different models or only one Sony expira tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Sorry, meant the Bravia, was thinking about the Mobile phone when I was posting.
    There are many different models, I havent seen the one I have but if you going to get a Sony, this is close to it http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/sony-bravia-kdl40r553cbu-smart-40-led-tv/326328/404.0.4 with the added bonus of having built in WiFi as well as Netflix and a few other things but I would suggest having a look around to see what others might be offering.
    Check out Harvey Norman, Power City, maybe even Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

as someone who games on a 50" tv, I can tell you that bigger not always better.

look at the size of your room, and how close you'll be sitting to the tv. If you can't look at the 4 corners without moving your neck its too big.

as someone who games on a 50" tv, I can tell you that bigger not always better.

look at the size of your room, and how close you'll be sitting to the tv. If you can't look at the 4 corners without moving your neck its too big.

Yeah I've heard this said before and tbh I wouldn't be looking at anything bigger than 44" .

It's just a matter of finding best value for money.

• Advertisement

Sorry, meant the Bravia, was thinking about the Mobile phone when I was posting.
    There are many different models, I havent seen the one I have but if you going to get a Sony, this is close to it http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/sony-bravia-kdl40r553cbu-smart-40-led-tv/326328/404.0.4 with the added bonus of having built in WiFi as well as Netflix and a few other things but I would suggest having a look around to see what others might be offering.
    Check out Harvey Norman, Power City, maybe even Argos

Smart tv doesn't really appeal to me I already have all these 'extras' on other devices so not point paying for something I already have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Modern TV's do a lot of image processing before displaying pictures on screen. This takes time and causes lag. You should be able to see the lag time in the specs. Sony apparently have the lowest lag. Depends how serious you are about.it. Personally I have a samsung with 27ms lag and it does me fine. But then again I do die a lot so maybe not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

wrt40 wrote: »
    Modern TV's do a lot of image processing before displaying pictures on screen. This takes time and causes lag. You should be able to see the lag time in the specs. Sony apparently have the lowest lag. Depends how serious you are about.it. Personally I have a samsung with 27ms lag and it does me fine. But then again I do die a lot so maybe not :)

:eek: 27ms are you sure?

i'd be looking for a tv with at least 8ms response

also its a good idea to switch on the game mode on the tv this should disable most of the pre-processing stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

dunworth1 wrote: »
    :eek: 27ms are you sure?

i'd be looking for a tv with at least 8ms response

also its a good idea to switch on the game mode on the tv this should disable most of the pre-processing stuff
    Ah yes I remember now I did actually enable gaming mode. That's probably the difference.

What size tv do people reckon is "too big" for gaming?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

What size tv do people reckon is "too big" for gaming?

Again, it depends on the size/set-up of your room. Do you have a big room, do you tend to sit close to your TV, etc?

In my opinion, it's now hard to get a bad 1080p tv, especially in the 400-500 range.

4k and 120Hz change things, but not at your budget

How important is screen refresh, most tv's seem to be 100hz but some are 50 and others 200!?

How important is screen refresh, most tv's seem to be 100hz but some are 50 and others 200!?

It's a total red herring and a marketing gimmick have a read of this

http://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/what-is-the-refresh-rate

Advertisement