Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card fraud process

Options
  • 11-12-2015 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

On the 3/12/2015 I noticed three large (400+ euro) transactions on my account.
    I called and cancelled my card and notified the fraud investigation unit. 
    I was told to expect some forms in the mail but have yet to hear back from them. I understand this process can take up to 15 working days? 

However, something is bothering me. On the 4/12/2015 it looked as though I got a full refund of the amount of the transactions, they were completely removed from my online transaction history. The next day they reappeared. Now I've been charged exchange fees for GBP for those transactions (another 30 euro or so). I'm worried this indicates that the refund was denied but I'm yet to hear anything. What is the normal process for this? Should I be worried, this is a lot of money to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for getting in contact with us and welcome to Boards.ie

As we don't have account access through our Social Media channels it is difficult for us to be specific in our answer however, we can certainly provide you with some general information.

When fraud is detected on an account, the transactions may be moved into a pending fraud case which may explain the adjustments on your account. Each fraud investigation is seen on a case by case basis and depending on the nature, some cases may taken a little longer.

You've correctly mentioned that our fraud team will issue a form for you to sign to confirm that these transactions were not made by yourself and this should be sent as soon as the fraud case is opened and should take 3 to 5 working days. If you've still not received this letter please call 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to help you. Please be assured, if your case was discontinued our dedicated fraud team would contact you directly.

We hope this helps and if you need any further general information, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement