Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question of Carlow IT vs DIT for Games development

Options
  • 11-12-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So as the title states I am hoping to study computer games development in either Carlow IT, DIT or University of Limerick.

Limerick is only a if one doesn't work out but my main chooses are DIT and Carlow. i really like and know Dublin but i also like the campus in carlow but i am wondering if anyone knows what the two courses is like.
    there seems to be more info on the Carlow it course and it seems to look a little more up to date but i want to study in Dublin.

So if there is anyone who studies Computer games development in Carlow
    CW208

Or Games design in DIT
    DT508

if they could give me an insight to what the courses are like for them that would be much appreciated.
    Thanks Aran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Hi,
    I teach on CW208.

Looking at DITs DT508 list of modules, I would say that Carlow's course is more hardcore, and that DIT's is more woolly. For example there is no Maths (option in year 2 only I think) and no Physics. The programming also appears rather light.

In Carlow, programming is central.

I am not saying that one is better than another, but that's the difference I see between the two.

regards,
    Chris

Advertisement