Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The worst is when you want (for example) Val Venus, and search for him and see he's free, only to find out after you've picked him that "El Steele" was picked :(

Anyway, I've got a list of 25 names I want. Please be kind, Gods of the Random Draws. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I already have a main title and tag title storyline worked out and a list of about 20 names I think would be gettable. Hopefully I can get my name in early to participate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I have three themed rosters (Dunno if I'm going to do an all women's roster again, want to keep things fresh rather than repeat the past) that Id like to do, all depends on first pick to decide the whole thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tbh I don't think any regular should have an issue, we usually only have about 2 people on the backup list and considering the 2nd is a Saturday this year, the time when people are usually a bit busier (oddly you'll see weekdays things move faster as maybe people make picks when they should be working ha) or offline so if you know in advance when the thread will go up (which all regulars will), you can make sure to at least pop onto boards on your phone and just leave the simple message "count me in" on the sign up thread

I have three themed rosters (Dunno if I'm going to do an all women's roster again, want to keep things fresh rather than repeat the past) that Id like to do, all depends on first pick to decide the whole thing.

I always like the idea of themed rosters and loved yours last year (though yeah It may not seem as special if anyone did that this year) but I wouldn't put too much stock in plans like that, for instance atm the first two rounds are planned to be stip rounds. In fact most rounds are planned to be sip rounds but there aren't really any stips that should mess people around too much and a lot of the later ones will just give you more options when drafting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm very interested to see how the women do in the game this year as there are more quality women wrestlers available now than ever before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id say a lot of them will go early and with the addition of the IWGP Belt as a world title, this years rosters will be vastly different to last years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't wait to get started

Can't wait to get started

Well almost ready now, all the threads are up just gotta wait till Saturday when I unlock the sign up thread and then when we have 20 people random.org will provide us for the rd1 order for the stickied picks thread.

That said I honestly don't know if i'd prefer a good draw in round 1 or 2 considering the stips and I honestly think as the rd order will be reversed the order you are drawn probably won't make that much of a difference to how good a roster you cna have and star power should be evenly distributed.

LINmL96.jpg

oh and yeah why San Jose? cos I was just too lazy to edit that out and try and think of anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well almost ready now, all the threads are up just gotta wait till Saturday when I unlock the sign up thread and then when we have 20 people random.org will provide us for the rd1 order for the stickied picks thread.

That said I honestly don't know if i'd prefer a good draw in round 1 or 2 considering the stips and I honestly think as the rd order will be reversed the order you are drawn probably won't make that much of a difference to how good a roster you cna have and star power should be evenly distributed.

LINmL96.jpg

oh and yeah why San Jose? cos I was just too lazy to edit that out and try and think of anything else.

Ill pop on Saturday and sign up and let the chips fall where they may, Ive no initial plan for my roster, just a few random ideas. Ive learnt that over the last 2 years that I can plan all I want but plans can easily go out the window very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Every year I panic that I'll miss the sign ups. It has yet to happen but the fear is always there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Every year I panic that I'll miss the sign ups. It has yet to happen but the fear is always there!

January 2nd will see the most consecutive F5's since Brock Lesnar met 3MB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That's usually edited into the op of the picks thread by myself.

A few people tend to update the list and post it in this discussion thread which I then copy and paste into said op. Very handy when checking if your planned pick is still available.
    Yeah that's what I was wondering about, an easier way to know who's been picked.

Yeah that's what I was wondering about, an easier way to know who's been picked.

if you check the op of previous years picks threads (last years is in the OP of this thread) you will see everyones entire rosters from previous years as an example.

Really is a group effort though if anyone adds the recent picks to the picked wrestlers list and posts it in here as said I will copy and paste it into the other threads OP once I see it.

I'm really excited for this. Can't wait to see how the rosters shape up.

Glad to welcome slickric back to the draft, been a few years I think but he used to have quality rosters with iirc an old school feel to em generally

a BMG is also back and a draft newbie in Lee starts off the pack.

14 places remain... Make that 13 as beyond chaos wrestling returns

And 12 as crabman makes the cut.

Now 11 as Mr Moneymaker joins the group

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Super excited now. Not running it has actually made me super enthusiastic about participating :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Today I am pleased to announce the arrival of

33yqntw.png

ALL EUROPE PRO WRESTLING

AEPW strives to deliver real Pro Wrestling to all the fans across Europe and we will endeavor to bring to you, our fans the greatest roster ever assembled in PW Boards fantasy draft history.

Who will be the inaugural WWGC Tag Team Champions?
    Who will be the inaugural AEPW European Champion?
    And finally who will be crowned the first WWGC Champion?

Be warned PWBoards, this Easter there will be a Rising! 2016 will become known as the year of the AEPW Easter Rising

Signed,
    AEPW Owner LeeJM

*WWGC stands for World Wrestling Grand Champion, and is my version of IWGP

People usually involved yet to sign up include:

Uncle Walt, JP Liz, Shagnasti, Campo, RAF32 (is he now Alfred Bordain or something similar), Spongey, Lithuim93_, D2D, DM Ice, BrianRegan, Mrkiscool, Jester

actually won't mention them all but it'll be interesting to see if there are any other new entries like LeeJM above. Stereomaniac suggested he would give it a shot if he can. Paulie21 and Cheesewagstaff also said something similar in this thread already too. Unfortunately Con Man sas he won't be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Is it here we officially sign up?

• Advertisement

sign up thread also on the front page of the forum atm, look down around 5 threads

edit: now just above this thread as Paulie signed up...after Cheese there will be 9 free spots and 3 new drafters signed up... actually make that 8 spots free as BrianRegan is back again this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I knew there was something i was forgetting phew got here before there was no spots left

Assuming we don't have an issue getting the remaining number of people to sign up (I'd urge anyone who may miss out to start a backup list incase people dropout) The first round draw will be made and posted early tomorrow. Most likely it will be up at a similar time to when the sign up thread was bumped and unlocked today and as stated previously it will be a stip round and the the 2nd round will be a reverse order of the first round.

Good to see SlickRic back involved. You always get quality stuff from him. Nice to see some new entrants too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Howya lads. I loved being part of the draft for the last couple of years. Complied a cracking roster last year (IMO) but was unable to get my ideas and characters written up due to other commitments.

New career since this time last year and the first four months of the year will be an utterly hectic period. I'll throw my name in the hat but if when it comes to sign ups there is somebody looking a spot they can certainly take mine.

Will be travelling a good bit so I'll have plenty of time to get ideas juicing and drafts written.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gonna sit this one out this time around, but i will be back next year, and i am going to be gunning for this year's winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

if you check the op of previous years picks threads (last years is in the OP of this thread) you will see everyones entire rosters from previous years as an example.

Really is a group effort though if anyone adds the recent picks to the picked wrestlers list and posts it in here as said I will copy and paste it into the other threads OP once I see it.
    Is there any room left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Don't want to start rattling cages too soon as I've just signed up but what's the story with the pick stips.

Any interest in really kicking 'em up a notch this year?

Is there any room left?

Even though he didn't actually sign up in the other thread I am considering cheese wagstaff in after he posted in this thread and now with yourself and shagnastii in there is only 5/6 spots left.

This means we probably won't be starting at the time I suggested earlier and I'll probably give Sunday to see if more will sign up. If not we can always go with less to begin with although maybe Jan 2nd being a Saturday this year has affected sign ups as there are still a few regulars / people who said they intended to sign up who've not been on yet, like Walt.

Re: stips
    I did ask when this thread went up if anyone had any stip suggestions / feedback but there wasn't much. I have stuff in mind and I'd say there will be more stips but I also think we've seen almost all stips before and based on the past I've not planned anything radical that'd rile too many feathers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah I'd say it's down to it being a Saturday. Think you mentioned before that round picks tended to slow down over the weekend so guessing we're just seeing that in action

Advertisement