Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah I'd say it's down to it being a Saturday. Think you mentioned before that round picks tended to slow down over the weekend so guessing we're just seeing that in action

Tis usually the case that people are out away from computers due to travel, family, sport, going drinking etc.

Also shows that as tbc says people are often think they will miss out but if your about the day it goes up you'll have no issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Pretty sure I've made it and thank glob for that! Would have hated to miss out on it!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I've made it and thank glob for that! Would have hated to miss out on it!

Yep you have and as it stands 4 more places remain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

A few questions for y'all after looking through last years draft. The rules stipulate re Tag Teams "Cannot have a world champion in them ie no DX or Hart Foundation" yet people were able to draft The Miz (former WWE Champ) and John Morrison together, The Steiners (Scott is multiple time WCW Champ), hell even the Dudleys and Hardys now both have World Champs in their ranks. So what am I missing that drafting those teams doesnt break said rule?

Also if/when New Day are drafted does the person get all 3 members? If so would 3 Count also count as a 3 man team? Would the Spirit Squad count as a 5 man team?

Seeing as its all about booking to our big PPV/Network/iPPV special events would a round where we pick commentators be an idea?

:(

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »
    A few questions for y'all after looking through last years draft. The rules stipulate re Tag Teams "Cannot have a world champion in them ie no DX or Hart Foundation" yet people were able to draft The Miz (former WWE Champ) and John Morrison together, The Steiners (Scott is multiple time WCW Champ), hell even the Dudleys and Hardys now both have World Champs in their ranks. So what am I missing that drafting those teams doesnt break said rule?

Also if/when New Day are drafted does the person get all 3 members? If so would 3 Count also count as a 3 man team? Would the Spirit Squad count as a 5 man team?

Seeing as its all about booking to our big PPV/Network/iPPV special events would a round where we pick commentators be an idea?

Once we start I would suggest not mentioning names in here until they are picked as but for now yes lets use some of those as examples-

Tag team picks can only be 2 person teams so if you wanted New Day for example you would have to draft Kofi/Big E in 1 round then get Woods in a later round or something similar. People have done similar with the NWO etc in the past for example.

No world champs can be drafted as part of a tag team aka DX however there are special stipulation rounds and one we have had previously was where in that specific round a draftee could choose to take a tag team containing 1 champion and that I would guess is what happened with the teams you looked at. For example The Hardys at the time only contained 1 champ so could be drafted in this special stip round as a team as The Steiners and Miz/Morrison were.

The commentator thing has come up before Generally if they are not drafted anyone can say they have a JR esque commentator but if they are drafted (most have had a match even if it was just a storyline match so are eligable) like JR, Cole etc have been then only that person can use them in a roster. A whole round dedicated to it would just leave some people having to use v poor announcers if they got a bad round and thats best avoided imo

Thanks for clearing all that up BH. Cant wait to get started

LeeJM wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing all that up BH. Cant wait to get started

No worries we usually get 20 people without issue so hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer I'll pm a reminder to some of the posters who usually take part in a bit but I guess if we don't have responses we can start with 16 and people can still join up they just won't be one of the first 16 to draft in rd1 which won't actually be a negative in many way cos of the order reversal in rd 1 & 2

The sign up thread has been up over 30 hours, pms have been sent so hope a few more sign up but... it has begun!

As posted in the other thread:
    splashimage_copy_0.png?w=625

Our first round stip focuses on the best of today
    Y0tazjrti2U.jpg

In this round you can only pick wrestlers who have had a match in the past 6months! Can be in any promotion once the wrestler is eligable but they need to be actively wrestling.

and here is the poster order for Round 1:

1 Stereomaniac
    2 Bounty Hunter
    3 Cheese Wagstaff
    4 Mrkiscool
    5 Paulie21
    6 Moneymaker
    7 LeeJM
    8 Mr Nice Guy
    9 Thebostoncrab
    10 SlickRic
    11 TeamShadowclan
    12 A Brad Maddox Guy
    13 BrianRegan09
    14 Shagnastii
    15 JPLiz
    16 Beakerjoe

Timestamp: 2016-01-03 16:12:20 UTC, IP: 175.180.107.177

So essentially it's asking you to choose from the best currently wrestling today with a few legends thrown in there. Is there an old timer still going in the indies you want. It should be noted that this rounds order will be reversed in Rd 2 so don't worry if you got a low draw this round Rd2 will have just as many big names in it.

Also traditionally there are 20 entrants so if you are still interested pop in here add your name to the list and you will be added to the round order 17,18,19 or 20 assuming you do so before the round is over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

****, right in the middle in both rounds :(

Can't see me getting my #1 pick then. Back to the drawing board already :P

• Advertisement

it'll be interesting to see if more sign up changing the order somewhat but being drawn in the middle isn't too bad as imo the stips ensure you will get 2 good picks and there will still be huge stars available in rd3. Obv im happy enough with no.2 but if 4 more sign up thatd be no.19 in the 2nd rd which may be tough with that rounds stip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Is round 2 also going to have a stip? I like that first round even if I have gotten a middle pick, made a quick list of 20 names and 16 of them I would be happy with as a Rd 1 pick.

Im hopeful one of my 2 preferred picks will still still be available by my pick at no.7

I'm going to sleep soon but I'll pm my planned pick to someone else (maybe Cheese Wagstaff as he is after me) so as not to delay things. remember after you make your pick to pm the next person so they know it's their go folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I know exactly who my 1st pick is have a few back up's just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

question: If picking a tag team, do both men need to be active or just one?

both would need to have wrestled at least 1 match in the past 6 months (not necessarily together) to be able to be taken together in this round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Great stip and very fair making the second a reverse round. Makes sure nobody gets a low draw twice.

Some whoppers gonna drop in the next two rounds for sure. These round make or break rosters and planned fueds.

im not gonna get who I want most likely being 16th , thinking cap is firmly on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like the stip. It gets you thinking.

I've drawn up a shortlist with plenty of names I'd like but I'm trying not to dwell on any names too much since you only set yourself up for a disappointment when they inevitably get drafted.

• Advertisement

I like the stip. It gets you thinking.

I've drawn up a shortlist with plenty of names I'd like but I'm trying not to dwell on any names too much since you only set yourself up for a disappointment when they inevitably get drafted.

Exactly, its a good stip and doesn't restrict too much. I wonder who will be left when its my pick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

To avoid nit picking from what date is the 6 months calculated from; should the date be considered to be 1st July 2015 or 3rd July 2015 and forward? This esp. holds true as someone picking tomorrow etc. and could make it or break it for a pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Should we say June to January?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

To keep it simple I would suggest maybe 01/07/15 to present. Also I assume dark matches & house shows still don't count?

Should we say June to January?

Sounds fair. I'll highlight the "wrestlers who have had a match part". If I'm correct that rules out some that many might look to pick.

To keep it simple I would suggest maybe 01/07/15 to present. Also I assume dark matches & house shows still don't count?

Yeah that's the date I was thinking, 6months from the start of this month, doesn't have to be exact to the day you post. Dark matches don't just like how they wouldn't make you eligible but I think a house show should be ok

Imnotthehulk has been added to the draft order and we have our first pick in, might surprise some but would be great fun to write for. I'll have mine up in 15m ish when I get to a computer
    ----
    splashimage_copy_0.png?w=625

Our first round stip focuses on the best of today
    Y0tazjrti2U.jpg

In this round you can only pick wrestlers who have had a match in the past 6months! Can be in any promotion once the wrestler is eligable but they need to be actively wrestling.
    and here is the poster order for Round 1:

1 Stereomaniac
    2 Bounty Hunter
    3 Cheese Wagstaff
    4 Mrkiscool
    5 Paulie21
    6 Moneymaker
    7 LeeJM
    8 Mr Nice Guy
    9 Thebostoncrab
    10 SlickRic
    11 TeamShadowclan
    12 A Brad Maddox Guy
    13 BrianRegan09
    14 Shagnastii
    15 JPLiz
    16 Beakerjoe
    17. ImnottheHulk
    18. Uncle Walt

Timestamp: 2016-01-03 16:12:20 UTC, IP: 175.180.107.177

So essentially it's asking you to choose from the best currently wrestling today with a few legends thrown in there. Is there an old timer still going in the indies you want. It should be noted that this rounds order will be reversed in Rd 2 so don't worry if you got a low draw this round Rd2 will have just as many big names in it.

Also traditionally there are 20 entrants so if you are still interested pop in here add your name to the list and you will be added to the round order 18,19 or 20 assuming you do so before the round is over.

I cant see who Stero picked (cant see the image in work), when making apick could people throw the name in the post for little ol me?

He picked New day members Kofi & Big E

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I cant see who Stero picked (cant see the image in work), when making apick could people throw the name in the post for little ol me?

No problem. He drafted ECW legend and overall wresting Megastar Tommy Dreamer.

I kid. He bagged himself present day WWEs hottest commodity Big E and Kofi Kingston.

Edit: Ahhhh BH ruining my crap jokes.

Advertisement