Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah, well I wasnt sour then but I am now that Okada got picked..... he was my number 1 pick when I seen the draw plus stip and Im devestated hes gone.

Like Ambrose he was a man I had 2 years ago and I was hoping to snatch him this round.

Back to the drawing board

Depending on how the following rounds go he might be available for trade down the line. I'm glad to get him though & hope I can do him justice if my current plans work out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Depending on how the following rounds go he might be available for trade down the line. I'm glad to get him though & hope I can do him justice if my current plans work out

Ill keep that in mind

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Thought they might go closer to the end of the round but yeah expected to see the rainmaker and lunatic fringe go in this round. The top man in NJPW atm and Ambrose I'd imagine would be great to write for plus a nice lil bonus in Crowe (though technically any wrestler picked could be repackaged as a hacker on someone's roster not just him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

This is some craic lads. It took a lot of self-control not to just draft Brock Lesnar straight away.

This is some craic lads. It took a lot of self-control not to just draft Brock Lesnar straight away.

self contrrol I did not posses :pac:

7d24986668b1f742eb899b7a0df41d37.340x189x64.gif

• Advertisement

I pm'd Shag there for Brian.

Anothe rpick bites the dust... Ive 2 more in mind and 2 picks ahead of me.,... then Im out of ideas

Is round 2 a stip round BH?

yes it is. Considering the pace so far I doubt we will get to Rd2 but incase we get on a run during my night time I will probably put up the stip in a few hours so that people who are picking early in the next round have time to mull over the stip and the options it leaves them.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I love this stip round and think by round 2 everyone should have both interesting and quite even rosters which is awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hey guys I'm in work and am on the phone so I'll add the bells and whistles to my pick later. Glad with Stinger. Was looking at somebody but he was too dependant on me getting another pick to work.

Can somebody please PM the next to pick.

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm in work and am on the phone so I'll add the bells and whistles to my pick later. Glad with Stinger. Was looking at somebody but he was too dependant on me getting another pick to work.

Can somebody please PM the next to pick.

Sent the PM for ya. Had a feeling Sting would go soon. Looking forward to the next stip now

I figured he would have went sooner, great pick. A true great babyface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I figured he would have went sooner, great pick. A true great babyface.

Up there with Cena in terms of Babyfaceness. Him and Taker probably the only real old schoolers on offer this round.

Yep sting is another off my predicted first round picks list, argueably the biggest name that was left on it. Still a few I'd really like to write for but I still expect that list to be emptied out by the next 6 pickers in this round.

Stip / reverse order of Rd1 will be up soon

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Up there with Cena in terms of Babyfaceness. Him and Taker probably the only real old schoolers on offer this round.

While Cena is a true great face, he can alternatively be a great heel. I feel Sting is an awful heel, hes a natural good guy and it fits him so well.

That being said I feel you could prove me wrong with a well written heel sting.

Ha I had a feeling that would be the stip. Gonna have to get the thinking cap on

There really are some huge names in there especially with the debut date rule pushed aside for this round. Also means there will be a load of huge names available in Rd 3 too so don't worry if you still don't have your marquee name or if like me you have a very late Rd2 pick where obviously there will be less huge name deceased wrestlers (still are enough good ones though...or at least I hope there are).

Is it wrong to be wishing death on a number of people ? Ok ill stop

Seriously though, if picking a tag team do both guys have to be deceased or just one?

Is it wrong to be wishing death on a number of people ? Ok ill stop

Seriously though, if picking a tag team do both guys have to be deceased or just one?

both have to be.

I know what you mean but umm yeah thats wrong although who knows it could happen and someone could suddenly get a great pick as a result even if we all obviously hope nobody passes on soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Love the stip even though I know the guy I want will be gone quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,873 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is round 2 a stip round besides round 1 draw reverse order?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Think maybe youve seen it now as I was going to quote it from the other thread but saw you had thanked it.

Reverse order and
    In this round you can only pick wrestlers who have died in the past 20 years! So anyone who passed on since Jan 1st 1996

Just for this round the pre 1970s debut date is not in effect.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yep, RIP Stip, only guys who have died in the last 20 years are eligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fantastic stip.

Well that stip has thrown me a little, the fun of the draft curveballs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Great idea man I know who I want I think but being in 8th I don't know if it'll happen :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Fantastic idea for the 2nd stip

I get the 2nd pick and the 2 guys I have in mind are pretty much equals so I'll be happy either way

Not many top picks left in the 1st round, I was going to pick _________ as I remember he wrestled in some event last year, was in June though so he just misses the 6 month cut off

just a heads up people generally try and avoid naming undrafted names, maybe someone is hoping people forgot about wrestler x and would be annoyed when that wrestler is named. Obviously not the intention but even though I can't remember specific example im pretty sure people got annoyed over it in the past hense my little edit above.

If I was in the top 10 of the next round I think i'd be 100% i'd be happy with whoever I got, down at no.19 im just gonna have to wait and see who you all leave me

probably won't have to wait long to see who Liz picks as she was on since Shags pick... maybe seing the round 2 stip sent here to think who she can get that will be able to be paired with a dead wrestler she could possibly get. Though who knows you could still get a bigger name in rd3

Apologies for the hold up, pick done, settled on Reigns, have a few ideas now for him and wont involve him talking much

• Advertisement

Liz picking Roman left me with a dilemma between two picks. Went with value in the tag pick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

All 3 Shield members gone in the first round then :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like the stip for Rd 2 but I think based on my predictions at least that there will be a major drop off of main event calibre options after about ten or so picks.

With that being said is there any chance of Round 3 being a reverse order round too? Reason I say that is if someone were for instance in the bottom five for rounds 2 as well as round 3 I think they may struggle to find main eventers by the time it's their turn because they're unlikely to have gotten one in round 2.

If not, never mind. I'll roll with it. :cool:

I like the stip for Rd 2 but I think based on my predictions at least that there will be a major drop off of main event calibre options after about ten or so picks.

With that being said is there any chance of Round 3 being a reverse order round too? Reason I say that is if someone were for instance in the bottom five for rounds 2 as well as round 3 I think they may struggle to find main eventers by the time it's their turn because they're unlikely to have gotten one in round 2.

If not, never mind. I'll roll with it. :cool:

How about a random draw for round 3 followed by another reverse round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That seems the fairest thing to do

Was hoping Bray would slip into round three :(

• Advertisement

That doesn't resolve the issue MNG has though as the bottom of this round could easily be bottom of round 3 too.

I agree with MNG about the steep drop off in quality as this round advances, there's a lot less options than round 1 that's for sure. Don't think reversing the order again in round 3 would be fair though.

Pick made pm sent and a return to the Cheesy Pics

Orton, like Reigns, I thought about, but I just didn't like the idea of writing for him for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

SlickRic wrote: »
    Orton, like Reigns, I thought about, but I just didn't like the idea of writing for him for some reason.

He'll fit in anywhere, he's good enough to be right at the top and could also be put in a decent feud in the upper midcard so I'm happy with him

He'll fit in anywhere, he's good enough to be right at the top and could also be put in a decent feud in the upper midcard so I'm happy with him

You should be. It's a great pick. It's just a personal thing.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote:

The problem is the random draw will likely leave someone in the low end of Rd 2 in the low end of Round 3 as well and there will be less chance of drawing a top name.

If we take BH himself as an example: he's 19 for Rd 2 and will be unlikely to land a 'big name' by the time it's his go as most of the big deceased names wil have been drafted.

If, say, he then lands number 16 in a random round 3 draw then he will see a lot of the big main event guys hoovered up before it's his go and so he's doubly hit, if you see what I mean.

That's why I think one more reversal would at least make it a bit fairer, or perhaps hold off on the 'death' round until Round 3 maybe?

But as I say, I'll roll with whatever is decided.

The problem is the random draw will likely leave someone in the low end of Rd 2 in the low end of Round 3 as well and there will be less chance of drawing a top name.

If we take BH himself as an example: he's 19 for Rd 2 and will be unlikely to land a 'big name' by the time it's his go as most of the big deceased names wil have been drafted.

If, say, he then lands number 16 in a random round 3 draw then he will see a lot of the big main event guys hoovered up before it's his go and so he's doubly hit, if you see what I mean.

That's why I think one more reversal would at least make it a bit fairer, or perhaps hold off on the 'death' round until Round 3 maybe?

You could argue the middle ones would get screwed then for all 3 rounds. At least in the case of BH he got 2nd pick for Round 1.

(Yes, I'm probably being biased!)

It's why I think random every round is actually best, even though, like yourself, I'm happy to roll with whatever.

SlickRic wrote: »
    You could argue the middle ones would get screwed then for all 3 rounds. At least in the case of BH he got 2nd pick for Round 1.

(Yes, I'm probably being biased!)

It's why I think random every round is actually best, even though, like yourself, I'm happy to roll with whatever.

Yeah, as someone stuck in the middle, I'd rather roll the dice at the chance of getting a better placement.

IMO, the random draws are a big part of the game, and it all evens out over the entire draft anyway.

One more reversal round would still be unfair on us folk in the middle though as we aren't benefiting from either reversal while the rest would. At least a random draw gives everybody equal opportunity of getting a good or rubbish draw.

Personally I was initially excited by this stip but having drawn up a list of 20 names I reckon, unless I've made some glaring errors, that the options that Stereomaniac is likely to have wouldn't be fit to lick the boots of anybody available to the top 10, in particular the first 6 or 7. There's really not enough quality picks available which I found surprising.

I get your point. After a bit of homework Id argue their is over 20 names available in round 3 that could be considered main event IMO.

As usual Ill go with the flow with what ever the master of ceremonies decides.

I personally think whatever way the cards lay is whatever way the cards lay, as someone who's never had particularly great draws in the majority of drafts, and if I remember correctly I think MNG actually won the draft with one of the worst draws ever.. Sometimes half the fun is getting little victories in those lower draws

Maybe getting rid of the 20 year deadline would make this round a bit fairer? There's at least 3 or 4 relatively big names that are ineligible because they died too soon & might lead to the people near the bottom having some better options.

Maybe getting rid of the 20 year deadline would make this round a bit fairer? There's at least 3 or 4 relatively big names that are ineligible because they died too soon & might lead to the people near the bottom having some better options.

Great suggestion :) I'm getting pick 20 next round anyway , I can feel it

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    I personally think whatever way the cards lay is whatever way the cards lay, as someone who's never had particularly great draws in the majority of drafts, and if I remember correctly I think MNG actually won the draft with one of the worst draws ever.. Sometimes half the fun is getting little victories in those lower draws

Fair point. I think when I won it in 2013 I had one of the lowest averages and yet that was probably my most well received roster in the end. So it's true that draws aren't the be all and end all. I wouldn't want to suggest that those who may have a low draw for round 2 and 3 are out of the running to win it as I'd hope people would take this into account when casting their votes for best roster.

Does it make that much difference though? I think realistically if you're bottom half in round 2 then you'll have to use it for a mid-level pick and wait for round 3 to get a main event level guy.

Perhaps those who get to draft a second main event level guy in round 2 won't be looking for another one in round 3? That's my hope!

loads online now too :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement