Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I think that might very well be my Main Event sorted! And 2 gents I've never drafted before which is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Does it make that much difference though? I think realistically if you're bottom half in round 2 then you'll have to use it for a mid-level pick and wait for round 3 to get a main event level guy.

Perhaps those who get to draft a second main event level guy in round 2 won't be looking for another one in round 3? That's my hope!

Not a huge difference no, as I've said I don't think there's enough options for this stipulation to work properly. If people draft who I assume they will then nobody from 8-20 is getting a main eventer in this round imo but currently those in the bottom 5-8 are unlikely to even get someone that would be chosen in the first 5 rounds in any other year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

self contrrol I did not posses :pac:

7d24986668b1f742eb899b7a0df41d37.340x189x64.gif
    SGYrUHH.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Draft moving at a nice pace now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A bit grimly ironic in that it's now the Draft seems to come alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Where do we stand on ECW Zombie and Zombie Linda (OSW), are they fair game in this round?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Where do we stand on ECW Zombie and Zombie Linda (OSW), are they fair game in this round?;)

I'm ok with you drafting both...ill even let them slide as a tag team

While happy with Eddie, I feel I may regret not picking another name

Very sad to see Eddie drafted. He was one of my top 5 choices for Balor's opponent. The story wrote itself really. 'You think I'm scared of demons, esse? I'm been defeating demons my whole damn life!'

Gutted. :(

• Advertisement

Very sad to see Eddie drafted. He was one of my top 5 choices for Balor's opponent. The story wrote itself really. 'You think I'm scared of demons, esse? I'm been defeating demons my whole damn life!'

Not 100 percent on either of my draft picks so far, so ill be open to fair trades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

...I wanna see that. Please trade whatever you can to make real. I'll even contribute a euro.

Jesus Liz! Now THATS how you make a stip work for you! Great pick to make considering the stip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This round going fast, had pm'd BH about a pick but think not valid but happy enough to get this tag team

I had forgotten those two were available as a combo. They were on my list as singles options. Cracking pick, Liz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I had forgotten those two were available as a combo. They were on my list as singles options. Cracking pick, Liz.

Ditto. Fantastic pick. Looked at both but completely forget they were a team for a substantial amount of time.

Will try to get my mind pick up tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC: Dean Ambrose & Solomen Crowe

Mr.Nice Guy: Finn Balor

Bounty Hunter: Brock Lesnar

SlickRic: Samoa Joe

A Brad Maddox Guy: Kazuchika Okada

LeeJM: AJ Styles

Beakerjoe: Chris Hero & Cesaro, Eddie Guerrero

Thebostoncrab: Kurt Angle

Moneymaker: Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

Paulie21: John Cena

BrianRegan09: Hiroshi Tanahashi

JP Liz: Roman Reigns, Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith

Cheese Wagstaff: Seth Rollins

Shagnastii: Sting, Dr. Death Steve Williams & Terry Bam Bam Gordy

Stereomaniac: Kofi Kingston & Big E

Mrkiscool: The Undertaker

ImnottheHulk: Bray Wyatt, Dusty Rhodes

Uncle Walt: Chris Jericho, Randy Savage

SureYWouldntYa: Randy Orton

aaaaaaaahhhhhh: Kane, Roddy Piper

Another great combo pick by Shag in Dr Death and Gordy. I actually intended to draft them this round as I assumed the folks ahead of me were all planning singles picks. Tremendous value there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So ****ing happy to have got Perfect was mad for him my 1st year to feud with Rollins and was sickened to miss out but he's a great pic and who knows if i'll have him feud with Hiroshi or not yet :D

Damn was hoping nobody would think to draft Owen & Bulldog together but I thought Williams & Gordy would go later in the round which means there's someone available I expected to go. Tanahashi & Mr Perfect, what a lineup! Will try to decide my pick soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A great run of picks last night, sorry I was so late responding to your msg Liz( but remember if it's after 7 there you may be better off checking you pick query with TSC folks) and cheers for updating the picks list, copied and pasted into the OP of the other thread now.
    That doesn't resolve the issue MNG has though as the bottom of this round could easily be bottom of round 3 too.

I agree with MNG about the steep drop off in quality as this round advances, there's a lot less options than round 1 that's for sure. Don't think reversing the order again in round 3 would be fair though.

Personally I would say that round 3 would have around 15 or so draft main event worthy talent, more given the right push in a promotion, meanwhile this round there are still 5/6 really big picks available imo after that maybe people will have to look at some older superstars, older foreign superstars or take a midcarder perhaps.

I think in almost any draft no matter what the stips if you got a very low draw in 2 out of the 3 first rounds you'll find it harder but considering the people who got a low rd2 draws (myself for example) also got a high rd1 draws and there is so much talent left in round 3 we should be able to put together a very good main event.

have an idea for a stip in rd for though and I'm mulling over whether I'd make 3/4 reverse order, probably not but say someone like Stereo who took a tag team with his no.1 first round pick before the reversal got a very low pick reversing these rounds with the stip there might be a way to make it a non issue. I think unless there is a draw like that screwing someone I probably won't have many more reversals though, luck o the draw and all that and tbh I'd say it'l work out considering how some rosters look so far and the sheer quantity of main eventers left in rd3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you pick 2 people as a team, ie Moneymaker picking Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn, do they have to then be used as a team or can they be booked separately ?

If you pick 2 people as a team, ie Moneymaker picking Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn, do they have to then be used as a team or can they be booked separately ?

They can be booked whatever way you want once you have drafted them although there is a limit to how many tag teams you can pick.

He could take Steen and make him a face wearing a barney the dinosaur costume to entertain the kids if he so wishes while Sami has a main event run. I wouldn't suggest one of those though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They can be booked whatever way you want once you have drafted them although there is a limit to how many tag teams you can pick.

He could take Steen and make him a face wearing a barney the dinosaur costume to entertain the kids if he so wishes while Sami has a main event run. I wouldn't suggest one of those though.

Surely he'd turn Sami since he has experience under a mask ? :confused: :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Edit: Wrong thread :P

EDIT 2: Umaga was literally the only wrestler this round that I wanted, so happy to get him :)

Easily one of my favourite monster heels of all time

Oh thank God, one more pick to go and my first choice for this round still is available. There is one or two bigger names left so hopefully this goes well!

Oh thank God, one more pick to go and my first choice for this round still is available. There is one or two bigger names left so hopefully this goes well!

I know who your going for (I think), Im surprised he hasnt gone yet and I really tossed a coin between the guy and Eddie. Great pick if Im right if he stays available.

Easily one of my favourite monster heels of all time

Ditto, can easily be a top main event heel in similar vein to Brock.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I know who your going for (I think), Im surprised he hasnt gone yet and I really tossed a coin between the guy and Eddie. Great pick if Im right if he stays available.

Slick, Crabman and MNG are three guys that it would not surprise me if the were to want to pick the same guy based off previous rosters and all 3 are in a row next iirc.

I've a felling it's one of two guys he's talking about but either way neither will get to me. That said I'm still kinda confident of getting one of the guys I had in mind from the offset although I expect at least 7 bigger names to go before then.

o btw having seen your picture of Eddie I feel like I should share the picture I was originally going to use for Kurt (as he was my backup for Brock)
    vJCew.jpg

almost regret taking Brock :pac:

one thing I had in my mind for this round was it meant that Misawa and his tag partner (that I always get in the BWA) would be separated just like how the IWGP title being recognized meant Tanahashi & his partner that I've gotten a few times also would be no longer eligible as a tag team.

Great pick Slick, he was one of the 2 I thought TBC might have been after

• Advertisement

Damnit! So close!!

Yeah I was sure Crabman was on about Misawa, one of the best wrestlers ever and a huge draw for any roster. I may regret picking Eddie over Misawa myself.

Aaargh I wanted Rude. One of the most entertaining heels ever imo. I've seen several names I wanted get taken the last few turns. Anyway I will have my pick up shortly.

Wouldn't be Monday night grappling without bockwinkle, always thought he'd end up with you in this round.

The ultimate warrior along with AJ and potentially another huge name in rd3 should be a good base to work with for Lee too

Speaking of rd 3 ill probably have the draft order for round 3 up in 3/4 hours when I'm home. No stip this time

Wouldn't be Monday night grappling without bockwinkle, always thought he'd end up with you in this round.

The ultimate warrior along with AJ and potentially another huge name in rd3 should be a good base to work with for Lee too

Speaking of rd 3 ill probably have the draft order for round 3 up in 3/4 hours when I'm home. No stip this time

Oh the anticipation.

Im I the only one here who, when trying to sleep, is finding it hard to switch off because of planning out potential storylines? :confused:

damn!

Steromaniac no.1 again! 2 out of the first 3 rounds. luck o the draw!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4th!

anchorman.jpg

Guaranteed to get one of the massive names I needed for my story to work now. Yes!

12th grand, but as a result I may throw Eddie up for a trade if who Id like goes before pick 12

damn!

Steromaniac no.1 again! 2 out of the first 3 rounds. luck o the draw!

pick 3 for yourself too, very jealous.

With no stip and a rack of top tier talent available, I wonder whos top pick this round. Stereo has alrerady picked outside of the norm in teh last round, will he go against the grain again?

• Advertisement

pick 3 for yourself too, very jealous.

With no stip and a rack of top tier talent available, I wonder whos top pick this round. Stereo has alrerady picked outside of the norm in teh last round, will he go against the grain again?

Well tbh there are a few great talkers available in this next round and by great I mean best of all time and i've a feeling that might be what he is looking for to work off New Day and to be in a similar vein quite fun to write for but tbh who knows who he will go for.

o and yeah im well pleased too :D

58521782.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Hi folks,

Due to personal circumstances at home i'll have to drop out of this.

I'll probably make some sort of post later in Off Topic as I have been very open about it and people have been kind and supportive here.

It just seems it's my fate to never complete a draft. Have fun and i'll try and follow along.

Bryan

Sad news, you'll be missed MM. Hope your situation improves brother.

I know the circumstances and unfortunately I don't think MM will be re-considering as things like the draft as much as they can cause Beakerjoe and others to struggle to be able to sleep are kinda trivial when faced with the serious things in life.

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of everyone in the draft when I say we hope you can stay strong and that we wish you our best wishes and condolences.

the guys he drafted cannot be picked this round anyway due to the stip but assuming he doesn't decide he would like to continue to take part they will once again be made available in the next round unless we have had a replacement signs up by then. Should he or a replacement decide to take his roster further they can also make their 2nd round pick at the end of this round and I will now pm the person after MM (as he was next to draft) telling them they are up.

sound fair?

Thats perfect BH. My comments above about losing sleep make me honestly regret them, as they were made in a joking fashion as I had no idea of Bryans situation except for his previous posts in off topic some months ago which never crossed my mind. .

As I said before, Bryan will be missed and I really hope his situation improves. Hes a top guy who I got to know via the Boards Podcast a few years back and he is a gent.

• Advertisement

Thats perfect BH. My comments above about losing sleep make me honestly regret them, as they were made in a joking fashion as I had no idea of Bryans situation except for his previous posts in off topic some months ago which never crossed my mind. .

As I said before, Bryan will be missed and I really hope his situation improves. Hes a top guy who I got to know via the Boards Podcast a few years back and he is a gent.

Sure everyone knows that no need to regret anything Joe, I only actually mentioned your bit to try and lighten it up a bit. MM is a top lad so your sentiments are def echoed. I'll shoot off that pm now so and bump the sign up thread saying someone has unfortunately had to drop out to see if a backup signs up before the next round.

Thoughts and prayers are with Moneymaker at this time. He has always been very open and honest about his personal life in the Off-Topic Thread, which in some way has at times brought the members of this community closer a little bit I feel. Having recently had some troubled times myself I can say we're all very lucky to have such a nice place to come to chat.

Still a couple of good picks available in this round that could easily be positioned as main event stars.

Assuming Moneymaker doesn't change his mind before the round is over (don't see it happening but we should afford him the option) PTH2009 will be taking over his roster after just adding his name in hte sign up thread. He already has Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn and can add a 2nd round pick at the end of this round before round 3 starts with Steromaniac.

I'm going to pm him a big list of people eligible people for this round to try and give him a hand as he would have had no time to plan and it could come around to him pretty quickly plus this late in the round is where research may have been needed (although there are still some very decent names available even with the stip imo).

I'm heading offline now until tonight. I probably won't be able to get back on here though to check if I'm up so will you please send me the PM to let me know and I can quickly head on and throw up my pick? I'm sure you were going to do anyway but the way my next 24 hours is mapped out I probably won't be on here for any lengthy period of time. I have a fairly clear image of who I want at the moment so hopefully it doesn't get taken between now and then. The funny thing is it was one of my top few choices for this stipulation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement