Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm happy I have gotten Heenan & Monsoon involved in matches and feuds cos it seems everyone is utilizing announcers a lot more this year and at least that way they still stand out over the undrafted poster created commentators who can't have such roles.

speaking of seeing what others did, got through another 3 shows today...

Cheese Show1:
    def happy to see Seth and the curb stomp although I do wonder how you will build to a PPV match without the babyface wrestling on your shows (I kinda hadto do it with Bryan). Love how peole are using their enhancement talent and Sharp getting the win was def unexpected here but the fall out was great with O'Haire doing what he coulda done if that gimmick ever progressed. Peter Morton and Carl Collins was good fun, actually a bit surprised more people don't create new gimmicks/characters for wrestlers like this. Well...JAAAAHHN, Seth is quality and you have presented him like a badass heel equal to the eternal face that is Steamboat although I do wonder about MVP surely he will be looking for retribution.

LeeJM Season Premiere:
    big start to your first show annoncing a Taz vs AJ Texas death match for your PPV! A few squash matches then to present your boys in a strong manner and then another PPV blockbuster announcement with the cage match (weird seing JR portray a heel). Honestly didnt see the DDP reveal coming so that was a good ending. Still a few guys who werent used too so lots to look forward to on the next show

MNG show 3:
    I haven't bought fully into this Edge/Balor situation yet, each character is great but the feud has an odd feel to it (but ive a feeling you will kick it up a notch and win me over there). The Ivelisse reveal was very good, it's fresh and it made a lot of sense similarily the Hennig disowning was really good and again like with everything you write it's logical and really well explained. Ishii and Vader is building to one hell of a battle. LAX have made a huge Impact and no doubt the cowboys won't take this lying down nor will they allow a flag burning but how will a singles title work into the mix I wonder, very well developed characters anyway as is the Ishii & Dibiase relationship. The second you mentioned HOF and that cornette wasn't going to be on the show I knew it'd be Bockwinkle, nobody else is as synonomous with yur brand as him and him being screwed by money inc will no doubt build to a big PPV payoff. THe addition of ths stip for the pinfall was smart too added a lot of intregue to the main event, kinda saw Edge screwing Balor coming but still it adds another needed level to that feud as im sure will the stip reveal next week and the potential of the Demons return. overall quality as usual.

edit: o and MNG on the bit I did that you had kinda planned, just do it anyway, if its done well enough and suits your storyline nobody will even think of the BWA and itd be better to do something planned than force something in there. Then again thats me sayin that without knowing exactly what you have planned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Have the bulk of show 4 (my final show) written and hopefully will have it up over the weekend.

Hoping to catch up on the shows Ive missed the weekend too and thank you to those who offered feedback, I really appreciate it and Ive been taken a back my some comments, cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

My roster ratings are in.

Much like the par 3 competition at augusta the day before the masters this is the comp no body wants to win. As they never go on to win the big one.(see padraig harrington for golf or uncle walt for last years draft). It's the kiss of death if you will.......

I rated everyones roster on look/mic ability and in ring skill. then divided total points by members on your roster.
    As always my roster ratings are only my opinion and mean nothing so dont be offended/bothered by them please.

Name/ avg score.

1.MrKiscool 7.15
    2.Uncle Walt 7.09
    3.Bounty Hunter 7.05
    4. MNG 7.00
    5.Leejm 6.95
    6.JPLiz 6.90
    7.Thebostoncrab 6.85
    8.Beakerjoe 6.82
    9.Lord Tsc 6.80
    10. Stereomaniac 6.80
    11.Necro 6.78
    12.BrianRegan 6.78
    13.imnotthehulk 6.77
    14.DM_7 6.76
    15.ABradMaddoxGuy 6.68
    16.paulie 6.68
    17.Slickric 6.49
    18.Cheesewagstaff 6.48
    19. Pth2009 6.44
    20. Shagnasti 6.42

So comiserations to MrK good luck trying to beat the curse.

Congrats everyone excellent rosters and the write-ups to this point are of a very high standard as always!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im shocked my roster is in your top 5! I was thinking I would be somewhere in the 11-16 range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

My beloved roster:( I do have the odd turkey TBH. Not to worry.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kayfabenews.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F08%2Fmcmahon-crying.png&hash=910053a2cb74de1d1b08c72a8e02a70e

SIKE!!!!!!! "Screw you Kankan14. YYYYYYOOOOUUU'RRRRREEEE FFFIIIIIRRRRRREEEED!!!!":p:D:p:D

1zl5376.gif

I'm settling in for the weekend to get my writes ups done. Have them all outlined just need to pad them out. I'll hopefully get the whole shebang done but realistically will only get one to two shows up. When is the deadline again? Been super busy and haven't got a chance to read anything in a few weeks, will hopefully read draftees Feds for a timeout from typing tonight, Sat and Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like we're all busy writing away at the moment. I'm hoping to have my go-home show done for the weekend. Then I'll give feedback on the shows I've missed.

Can't wait to read the PPVs of everybody. Also looking forward to the Slammy awards. They've been a really great addition to the game.

not entirely sure how your ratings are decided but yay 3rd is good! :pac:

anywhoo, final pre-PPV show is done!

luckily for me I had most of those 75% written a few weeks back knowing I'd get busy and not have time... now I gotta start completely a fresh with my PPV though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

When are we closing this up?

The day of WrestleMania is the closing date to get all PPVs in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Thanks.

• Advertisement

My Go-home show is up.... here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99136796&postcount=43

This show has a contract signing, a knife angle, a home invasion and a Flair promo! Enjoy and feedback is welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Some very sexy looking PPV match ups throughout every roster.

I've 2 1/2 shows done gonna wrap up show three ASAP n throw them all up together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

very busy with work the last few weeks but my first ppv should be up by next tuesday/wednesday.

all the ideas are down just trying to find the time to do them fully is hard enough :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would appreciate an extension deadline please ;)

Finally got my go-home show done. (Links to my previous shows can be found in this post).

Monday Night Grappling - Week 4 Show (Go-Home show)

My main goal was to set the stage for the PPV, although there are a few surprises in store. Feedback welcome.

I have a bit more breathing space with that go-home show out of the way so I should soon be able to catch up on some more of the shows I've missed and offer feedback. For now, bedtime.

Feedback

Necrominus Show 4 :
    You clearly put a lot of thought into this write up and it shows. Firstly I love teh PPV name, kinda wish I thought of it. Kane has been an MVP of your shows so far and I enjoy how he switches between Glenn and his alter ego. Pete Rose has been used very smartly for a non wrestler, so hats off to you there, the end reveal and turn on Kane was well done and having Roses history with Kane come fullcircle was genius .Also you’re use of Disco has to be complimented too since he was your jobber pick. . Boogyman and Kane has been built up very well and I loved Boogys angle with Kanes old (and best) mask. The pyro kane bit was fresh and unexpected, as well as The added stip of the Inferno match should be a hoot to read.

You’ve managed to successfully entwine the two tag team feuds nicely and have done a great job booking Hall/Pac and The NAO, and adding Crime Tyme and Tarver and Brown to the mix elevated them too. The Jeff Hardy interview was powerful and really put over the feud big time. Jeff referencing the wellness policy was a nice touch. Its easy to visualise the passion of Jeff in the piece and I really enjoyed it. Hussan and Andre should be a good match, especially since Hussan has been built up quite well. The Cena piece was great too and it really did alot to get over Johns arrogance. You’ve done a great job making the feud stand out and I look forward to the PPV.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would appreciate an extension deadline please ;)

There is still I think 11 days at this stage so right now I won't ass any more but if more people say they need an extension closer to the date I am sure I could be convinced to tack on a few more even though the last extension already saw me around 2 weeks to the deadline.

I am pretty busy myself but will hopefully get my PPV up but that is why I was always urging people to start writing as early as possible.

More feedback

Cheese Wagstaff Show 2
    Great choice of song (Sevendust do great nu-metal sounds to compliment wrestling) but I love the PPV name even more. With MVP out for 6 weeks will be be apart of the PPV ? Nice opening segment and it put over Seth well, he’s far from the cowardly heel champ the WWE portrayed him as, which is a huge improvement on an already. Having Seth leave through the crowd brought back fond memories of his days in The Shield, but maybe that was unintentional (but hey it worked a nostalgia pop with me). I have enjoyed Carl and Paul (Carlos and Pedro) so far, and their open challenge was written well. It was funny and got over both men as top heels (loved the fake dollars and the beating at the end)

Seths attack on Woods furthered things and I liked the camera comment too, nice touch. Inoki and Fujinami look strong and them v MNM is a nice fantasy match up. O’Haire is a great character and you’re using him to good effect and what does it mean for Dlo and the Godfather? Will they turn on each other? Or join with Sean? I look forward either way. Once again i love the use of the jobbers, with Mike Sharpe being used well. Lethal v Rodgers is a good match too and the 8 man match for next week could be great, though I smell Lethal and Rogers doing the double turn and Rodgers entourage siding with Lethal, which would be awesome. The ending with Seth and The Steamboats was awesome and it got over Seth even more. Him v Steamboat would be a 5 star match and your building it up beautifully, putting both men over wonderfully. Great job.

BWA Show RAW 3
    You’ve done a great job with Rude to begin with, and I really enjoyed how you have booked himself and Mutoh. You’ve made both look like top contenders with how you booked the rumble. The Brie/Heenan segment was money too, (loved the graphic BTW of Brock n Brie.....Also on the heenan family graphic, I notice Hercules....I wonder why you didn’t draft him, he would of fit perfectly)) and I particularly loved how Brock entered the scene directly after Brie. Poor Barry H, I can imagine how easily and wrecklessly Brock would dismember him.

Love the story with El Generico and Zayn and I’m interested to see how it will play out at the PPV, reminds me of Owen/Jarrett and the Blazer story (Owens last angle I believe). George and Patterson continues to grow into an intense story and the main event match really put over American Alpha as a top team. Bryan and Brock is selling itself as a top match, but you’ve done an excellent job thus far in making it even more important than just a dream match. Feedback on the next show to follow, but so far your defending your crown valiantly.

Uncle Walt
    Really glad to see a show from yourself, esp since you have a few personal favs of mine on your roster. Dynamite v Punk is a dream match for a wrestling purist. Two great wrestlers with chips on their shoulders, it would be must see and the initial interaction got over both men very well. Any matches with Storm or Regal against Malenko would be worth a watch and pairing these 3 guys off will make a great match no matter what direction you choose. The Rock n Roll Express v The Freebirds is a great old school feel to it and I wonder will a third man be added into the mix to even the odds. I liked the Russo segment and I loved his line about those who tried before him and Chyna being his muscle against Steph is very interesting. Shawn v Macho is a great main event and to be honest so is Dynamite and Punk, if you keep going you will have one hell of a ppv card on your hands.

• Advertisement

LeeJM
    I love the Zoetic, its a fresh stable with an underrated leader. The reveal last week really set your wheels in motion and DDP is a great heel (how dare he not like Y2Js theme music though :) ) You did a fine job of using DDPs yoga as a way of making him rich and get access to use Jake, bravo. Pairing Mitchells former tag team, Taj and Mikey with Jericho makes sense but I smell a swerve next week. Ross is being used very well in the heel role and he is a great mouthpiece for Windham. Rich and Idol are booked strong and them v the YB is a great fantasy match. Awesome v Tanaka is a good feud to rebook, they have had fantastic matches and it wouldn’t look out of place on any card. You’ve built up Taz well and him and AJ is going forward nicely. (love the jobber names too),You’ve done a great job so far and you’re PPV will have a great card. Are you sure this si your first draft?

Sorry If ive bloated the discussion thread with single posts, just reading one at a time in work and posting when I get a chance

Thanks Joe. Yep defo my first draft. I know where I wanna go for the PPV its just finding the right direction to getting there.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Sorry If ive bloated the discussion thread with single posts, just reading one at a time in work and posting when I get a chance

No problem Joe, im sure everyone appreciates the feedback your giving, I know I do.

I am going to do another batch of feedback myself but hope to get a bit more writing done first so it could be a while.

BH Go home show
    Great opening promo with Bryan and Heenan. Heenan is a great advocate replacement for Heyman and I’m really interested to see how Bryan attempts to overcome Brock. Its the ultimate underdog David and goliath match. Also they way you screwed American Alpha out of the shot was a smart booking decision and makes you wanna see them get their chance even more. I enjoyed Kharmas promo and it put her over well.

Kong v Gory would be a hoot of a match and you’ve booked it slowly and steady throughout. The Brianbusters are booked strongly going into the PPV and them v AA will be a top fantasy match. Heenan v Horowitz was booked well too, and I love how you got the most out of your jobber pic. You have a strong PPV set and I really cant predict whats going to happen in any of the matches. (Rooting for a rick rude/Bryan double.) Great stuff and I anticipate the PPV with joy
    MNG go home show
    Great angle with the Cornette return and The ME v LAX match has been booked very well. Pairing Cornette with his former tag team is a logical move and it makes for a great match. You’ve gotten the most out of Konnan last year and you’ve used him extremely well again this year, so well done. I lol’d at the Sandy Mount Jobbers name (its one I also thought of but didn’t use for my 4th show, also had a few others in mind “Blance Ardstown,” for example or “ Sal E Noggin” or my fav “Donna Meade”...didnt think of Marie No though). Great booking letting Toyota book the match as she comes off as a tough fighting champion
    Delighted at Hansen v Storm, and the way you booked it, more out of respect and love of fighting rather than hatred, is a smooth move. That being said I did enjoy them as a tag team pairing. I loved Axels return and his dialogue with his granddaddy was great stuff. Him v The Axe is a nice under card match and I smiled at the Tekken ref ,nice touch brother. Money Inc and v Ray/Bock is a nice fantasy match and You’ve portrayed Ted DiBiase as he should be, a true evil heartless bad guy who deserves his comeuppance. Vade v IIshi is a great hard hitting match and you’ve made Iishi a great sympathetic babyface and his storyline wouldn’t be out of place in a repossession hearing.

Edge v Balor has been a great slow build, With Edge finally showing his hand last week and he was in great form here. Concussions are the in thing and you have smartly worked the Finn head trauma card here, it reminds me of when Shawn was out after the enziguri by Owen in 95. But it really has been a great way to introduce Balors Demon. You made it a big deal by having him lock his alter ego away from the get go and now you want to see him use his dark side to battle Edge. I loved the mention of Balors previous gimmick entrances and his resurrection had tones of an Under Taker return, which is a huge plus. Adding a TLC stip should be a fun read too and I expect a nice finish knowing your previous work. Your go home show was a fun read andI look forward to the PPV

More feedback:

beakerjoe (show 3) -
    I enjoyed the opening segment with Zeb and the winner takes all match is a fun idea. There's a lot of fun ways you can go with it. The bit with Zeb and Kerry and the pills was well done and has me curious to see what happens next. Martel continues to prove a great heel. I liked the Rousey interview and it made the match with Sasha come across as a huge thing. I liked EC3's line about his dad EC2 fighting the Japanese in WW2 which was a nice touch. EC3 came across like a top heel with Nakamura getting hauled away. Becky in contrast is coming across as a great babyface and I felt for her getting attacked by Del Ray. I liked Emma's comments that she used to be like Bayley and it didn't help her. Bayley also comes across very sympathetic, especailly after the attack from behind. I enjoyed the Sasha Banks promo too and you captured her attitude and tone spot on. I loved the way you strutured the ending with the gifts for Cesaro at the start and then the big finish with Flair popping out of the cake. I LOL'd at the visual image of that and Flair would be ideal for that moment. You're doing a great job with the build of your matches.

I'll look to give some more feedback later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There is still I think 11 days at this stage so right now I won't ass any more but if more people say they need an extension closer to the date I am sure I could be convinced to tack on a few more even though the last extension already saw me around 2 weeks to the deadline.

I am pretty busy myself but will hopefully get my PPV up but that is why I was always urging people to start writing as early as possible.

So Sunday the 3rd of April is the deadline, sorry BH thought it was this weekend, over it being Easter long weekend this soon think I am confused :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Should have my preview show up tomorrow evening. Just finishing off the final touches. Going along the lines of a live podcast (ala Stone Cold) so trying to get the hosts to be interesting has been the hardest part!

More feedback:

paulie21 (show 2) -
    I liked Rikishi's explanation that he didn't like Rocky going to Hollywood. Thesz vs Kennedy was a fun clash of styles. I liked that Cade and Murdoch got to decide themselves who would face Rock and Foley; that was a fun idea. Pairing Giant Gonzalez with Paul Bearer was a clever move as Gonzalez needs someone to speak for him and Bearer will do that brilliantly. Good to see Funk and Foley pick up wins and using Tyson to make the announcement was a wise call as his stature helps make the belt a big deal. I liked The Rock making the challenge at the end too. Overall this was a real fun read with many great matches, plus segments that advanced your storylines well. I look forward to the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I'll try and get feedback on everyones show up soon, actually waiting until i have a good bit written myself before i get reading everyones stuff!

• Advertisement

More feedback:

Necrominus (Show 4) -
    I liked the opener with Abyss having to be separated as he went after Morgan and Morgan speeding out of the arena. Abyss came across very strong here. I enjoyed the interactions with Ka-I mean Glenn - and Pete Rose; they have good chemistry. I also liked Disco setting up the New Age Outlaws appearance. Hall and X-Pac facing off against Billy and Road Dogg was a standout moment and the fans would be going crazy for that. I thought the Jeff promo was well done and him opening up about his issues. Hassan came across like a top heel as did Cena in his interview. I wasn't expecting Hardy to burst in and I liked that a lot.

The main event had a lot of epic moments and it came across like a PPV main event in a lot of ways. I liked the use of Janice and especially Glenn having to free his flesh from the bat which was a great visual image. I didn't see the Pete turn coming and it makes sense based on their history together. That was a great line from Pete by the way: 'Why haven't you finished him off yet?' That was my favourite bit. I'm looking forward to the next instalment to see what's in store for Pete.

Advertisement