Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Working 61 hours between now and Tuesday morning. Haven't a hope of getting to write enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Working 61 hours between now and Tuesday morning. Haven't a hope of getting to write enough.

The PPV is the only one you're expected to write. The weekly shows are an optional thing. I'd suggest writing out the PPV and then that way if you can't find time to do other ones, at least you can just stick up the PPV.

Having said that, I do expect there will be an extension because it happens every year and it's practically a tradition at this point. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Preview Show up just now... that was a slog! I actually got some spare time at work today and am now well on my way to completing the PPV. Safe to say though it can damn well wait until after the long weekend!

Got my Preview show done (which contains all my shows in the one post):

Grapplemania preview show

It's always a nice feeling when you know you can begin preparing the PPV write-up.

I'll try and give some feedback later on tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Trying to find the energy to turn on the PC and open up word and type out my first ppv. Not working til 2morrow nite so might do it 2morrow afternoon lol

• Advertisement

The PPV is the only one you're expected to write. The weekly shows are an optional thing. I'd suggest writing out the PPV and then that way if you can't find time to do other ones, at least you can just stick up the PPV.

Having said that, I do expect there will be an extension because it happens every year and it's practically a tradition at this point. :pac:
    I have so many things written out in pen that I don't know where to go with it next. :)

Cheese Wagstaff (episode 2) -
    You're doing a great job with Seth who is becoming one of my favourite heels of the game. I liked how he was winding up Steamboat Junior and him leaving through the crowd after attacking Bart added to the moment. I really liked the challenge segment with Pedro and Carlos and they came across as great heels by the end of it; this a very fun gimmick. You set the tag match up well and Rollins continues to look a danger with the attack on Woods. O'Haire is being used perfectly and I like his manipulating ways. I also enjoyed Jay stealing Buddy's thunder.

I loved the end segment. This was fantastic and one of the best moments I've read in the game so far. There was a great line from Seth to Ricky about his son, 'You weren’t there when he was trying to avoid early retirement, and you’re not here now'. My favourite bit though was the titantron turning back on as Ricky is running up the ramp only to see Rollins attacking Steamboat Jnr. You did that whole scene beautifully and Rollins came across as an epic heel. Quality work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There was a small bit of January transfer dealings between myself and LTSC. Thanks for letting me use Trump.

Have read through a good few shows. Particularly impressed with one roster that has set up some 5 five fueds. Will hopefully read up to date and throw up some feedback over the weekend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure if I'll get anything up :(
    Been swamped with work over the last few weeks and the workload is increasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I just read through the last 2 pages of the evaluation thread. Im not gonna give specific feedback but I will say I dont think anybody has produced a bad show. As this is my first year doing the draft its really the first time I have read all the shows and I find the standard to be ridiculously high. The thought that everyone seems to be putting into their storylines and the effort some are going to with graphics and photoshopped pics is crazy. Seriously to anybody that has put up a show, thanks.

• Advertisement

Busy with work myself and if deadline for all ppvs are for wrestlemania Sunday than I may miss out. Have my ideas wrote out but the effort of dialogue and the physical typing of it is weakening me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Have my go home show up hopefully it ain't too bad.

Last year I read a lot of the shows after the whole thing was over, and the standard is high again.

PTH2009 wrote:
    Busy with work myself and if deadline for all ppvs are for wrestlemania Sunday than I may miss out. Have my ideas wrote out but the effort of dialogue and the physical typing of it is weakening me

I think I actually broke my keyboard with the amount I've written so far! I didn't put this much effort into my dissertation!

I have to agree with Lee though. Standard this year has been amazing. Finally got through everything on the write ups thread and it's a pleasure to read. Shame that the writing staff for WWE don't put in that effort, and they're paid for the muck they put out!

Im about half way through writing show #3 and im already at 1500 words! Is this too much?

LeeJM wrote:
    Im about half way through writing show #3 and im already at 1500 words! Is this too much?

My last show ( not the preview) was around 8000 words. So not even slightly!

I just went back and checked and my second show had 3700 words so Im on track for what is "normal" for my shows. Some reason I didnt think they had that many words in them. Should have my 3rd show up some time between 7 and 10 tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My PPV is currently being split into two posts and is incorporating the Preview into it instead of having a separate preview post (It's the LOTRs of draft posts :) ), as a result I am sure it will be my biggest show ever (and thats saying something). TBH I have a feeling by the time I have finished the split (into two posts) won't just be because I have used more than 15 images but im pretty sure if it was one it would have reached the word limit per post (and I actually can't remember what that is it's so high!).

So to summarize I am sorry if mine is too long but if you read it all (then you are awesome) I hope to have made the pay off worth it (I guess you could just skim the backstory/preview parts too if you have read all my shows).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

The pictures I put up on my last show aren't coming up on my devices are they on everyone else's

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Show 3 is under way, hopefully might get it up for tomorrow.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, I may try and give some of my own soon. Have to agree, standard is very high. It's a slog writing the stuff, but oh so satisfying once it's up there.

Anyway, back to it!

• Advertisement

very good chance im not going to get 5 ppvs done in time for next sunday. May have to call it a day :(:(:(:(

I finally completed my PPV write-up. I've added the links to my weekly shows at the top of the PPV post so it's all in there for convenience.

Grapplemania PPV (Part One)

Grapplemania PPV (Part Two)

Feedback is welcome and appreciated. I should have more free time now so I'll give thoughts on write-ups I've missed soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im at 3800 words and I'm only 1 and a half matches into my PPV write up. Might just get it up before the weekend. I will be previewing every matchs build up too hence the size.

Really enjoying writing it up though. Having a blast with Breeze and Martel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I finally completed my PPV write-up. I've added the links to my weekly shows at the top of the PPV post so it's all in there for convenience.

Grapplemania PPV (Part One)

Grapplemania PPV (Part Two)

Feedback is welcome and appreciated. I should have more free time now so I'll give thoughts on write-ups I've missed soon.

looking forward to reading it, might not have feedback up for it or others until after I finish mine though.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    very good chance im not going to get 5 ppvs done in time for next sunday. May have to call it a day :(:(:(:(

Said it to PTH over PM but same goes for everyone, remember you don't have to get multiple shows written and it is possible that if enough people say they are struggling to get theres in on time there may be another day or two added to the deadline but after so long at this draft we should all at least try and get a PPV card in cos thats all that is needed really.

I have done more than half of my PPV at this stage but it's the big most likely long to write matches like Brock vs Bryan that I still have to write up.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Im at 3800 words and I'm only 1 and a half matches into my PPV write up. Might just get it up before the weekend. I will be previewing every matchs build up too hence the size.

I'm hoping to cut down on the size of my PPV hence the preview show beforehand. Still reckon it'll take another 2 dissertations to finish completely!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I should have my third show up tonight then my PPV preview n PPV.

I'd say my business end with be my weekly shows. Over the years I've found it tough as nails to write decent matches and they're 75/80% of your PPV.

ShagNastii wrote:
    I'd say my business end with be my weekly shows. Over the years I've found it tough as nails to write decent matches and they're 75/80% of your PPV.

With the matches, I find it easier to write them as separate entities and then fill in the gaps between them later. They are difficult at times, hence my over reliance on gimmick matches!

Why did I commit to writing an ironman match.... hopefully have my ppv up in the next day or so. Just the main event left to write....

• Advertisement

s6n.jpg

almost there, but I am running out of time. Busy until sunday night from tomorrow onwards, so hoping to get it all sorted tonight!

Advertisement