Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I've written all but the tag titles match on mine and the conclusion to one other match. The issue is trying to not duplicate anything I've done elsewhere on the card so as to keep each match unique and interesting, so might give myself a day or so to think how to book the end of these matches.

Found some fun pictures for the main event match in particular but wish I could use photoshop like some others on here (see Joe's above for an example)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've just finished my PPV... now the laborious editing process on Boards... Will be up tonight. Two parts for me too... potentially 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some feedback:

Bounty Hunter (show 3) -
    I liked the use of Brie Bella in the Brock/Bryan angle which was clever, and Brock's destruction of Barry got Heenan's point across pefectly. The Von Erichs continue to come across as a fun heel act and the Briscos should be an excellent babyface counter to them. I also liked that Simpsons commercial graphic and the challenge from Arn to BCW; will they respond to it, I wonder? George vs Patterson should be a great match once again and I like how this alter ego story with Sami Zayn is building. The main event match was well thought out and I liked that Gable got some good offence in early on Brock. The ending played out nicely with Rude taking the pin, which was the smart way to do it. American Alpha would definitely gain a huge amount from the result and I'm perceiving them as a much bigger deal because of it so well done with that.

Uncle Walt -
    I was looking forward to seeing you use this terrific roster and you started in style by setting up an epic match-up. I also liked Punk's line about Dynamite's steroid abuse which would get a great reaction from the crowd. Malenko's involvement with Storm and Regal should produce some great matches. Rock and Roll Express and the Freebirds should be epic. I loved the segment with Steph, Chyna and Russo; you really captured Russo's character spot on and I can't wait to see how Steph responds to this. The ending was great with the Superkick and this has classic written all over it. A great action-packed show.

And...I'm finally done. It's been brilliant! Best of luck to everyone and now I'm finally finished my own show I'll try my best to give some feedback - selfish prick that I am!! Hope you all enjoy.. Shocks, thrills and spills galore!!

More feedback:

LeeJM (ep 2) -
    I enjoyed the DDP promo and the way you brought in DDP's yoga business into the storyline. Jericho's response was strong bringing in back-up and it sets up an exciting match next week. You're doing a good job with J.R. as a heel. I got a kick out of Idol and Rich sneak attacking the Young Bucks. You did a great job setting up the Tanaka debut and this line by Mitchell cracked me up: 'Hell even VKM wouldn’t touch you and hes the guy that thought Roman Reigns was special'. I particularly liked the ending of the episode and you've done a much better job with Taz than WWE ever managed. Even the entrance with the countdown was epic. I'm looking forward to this main event and how you book it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PPV IS UP! Man that was an enjoyable effort but I'm happy with what I've submitted. I really enjoyed writing it up and I hope you all enjoy it.

It's been emotional. :)

PPV Part 1 : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99233221&postcount=57

PPV Part 2 : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99233232&postcount=58

Feedback is welcome as always

I really hope others can get their work up in time and I look forward to reading some good shows, some of which are already posted. Good luck guys.

MNG -Grapplemania :
    I enjoyed the previews to each match, you summed up all your feuds extremely well and its a easy reminder as to whats going on. I felt Curtis Ax... I mean Joe Henning had to win, it was the only logical outcome. Nice way to have him not only beat his granddaddy but to take use his real name in victory, that was a nice touch. Storm and Hansen would be a great addition to any PPV, and you built it up well . The match itself was fun, having Storm as the underdog made sense against the more acclaimed Hansen. Having Storm kick out of a Hansen lariat would be a huge deal and it would put him over huge even if he lost (which he didn’t.) The ending was the right call with Hansen being a bad sport, as it would further the feud going forward nicely.

I was shocked at Toyota losing so easily, though I really wasn’t sure which way you would go with this one. It gave you a new star in Ivelisse and a rematch with a not so confident Toyota would be a great story. LAX V ME was a fun read. Loved Konnan carrying the blow torch, really nice touch, and I poped myself when I read that Cornie had the racquet, really liked that. The finish was the right call, and it wouldn’t have hurt LAX that much after they were booked strongly in the build up. The Edge promo set the tone for the main event well and made Edge and Finn look strong. Edge putting over Balor in the interview is a smart move, as it means nothing if Edge beats a man he sees as a loser and it would hurt him if he lost, so clever stuff MNG.

I loved the little things about Iishi and Vader that made it very easy to imagine. The helmet on Vader being crushed and him being bloodied added to the rage of Iishi nicely early on and set the tone well. Damn you used tacks (I just used tacks too in my write up, ah well). Loved this match, it was a well written hardcore brawl and Vader winning was something I didn’t expect. How the story goes forward with Iishis home is fresh and I’m intrigued at how you would handle it. (Oh I guess we will find out whats next for Iishi after all in the next match.) Loved DiBiases line about being Vaders roomie, nice. Great finish to the tag team match, great...just great. It makes sense to have Iishi turn and it has huge implications for Bock and Stevens with their careers gone. You wrote it very well, esp the Iishio begging for help as many would do in his situation in reality. Great stuff with Bock and Stevens send off, perfectly written.
    The Main Event.....well I was looking forward to how you would write Balors Demon entrance....and you didn’t disappoint. I liked the Easter Rising/ Mythology references, something which Finn is known for, so that was accurate. The match itself was a great piece of writing and the set pieces involved were all easy to imagine, from the coup de grace from the ladder (and injuring his ankle, nice touch there) to the spear from the ladder, this would be a top draw battle. The ending was the correct call and i loved the ending with all the face wrestlers, esp Bock and Stevens, coming out to celebrate. It made Balor the top star and the torch of MNG was passed brilliantly.

Your shows are always a highlight of the draft. You never seem to half ass it when it comes to the write up’s despite winning 3 years in a row. You have come out fighting for your title back and you will be there or thereabouts as per usual this year again. Congratulations MNG and thanks for all the effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Writing up a list of my superstars and what im doing with them.

Was almost quitting this week as I thought one would not have the time to complete all my shows but happily I have worked a way around it.

They wil be very little dialonge or move by move descriptions in matches. Straight to the point no bs lol.

Hopefully I will have all done come mania time Sunday.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Writing up a list of my superstars and what im doing with them.

Was almost quitting this week as I thought one would not have the time to complete all my shows but happily I have worked a way around it.

They wil be very little dialonge or move by move descriptions in matches. Straight to the point no bs lol.

Hopefully I will have all done come mania time Sunday.

Great news, hopefully others have the same luck, eso those who already have shows up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Ill try do a quick ep #4 tonight and then try do my whole PPV over the weekend. I find writing the matches the most difficult part though

• Advertisement

We're all doing a better job alone than a room full of high paid writers that the WWE employ. We don't have a Vince who rewrites everything though lol

Bounty Hunter (Go Home show) -
    I liked Bryan''s fiery opening promo and him being unhappy about Brie being brought into the feud makes sense and adds a real life dimension to things. I'm also curious about the talk of dissention in the Heenan Family and I wonder if that will have any bearing on the PPV. I liked Kharma's promo; her final line was cool, and Monsoon getting involved in the match vs the Von Erichs was well handled. I like the way you're using Gory and he and Aja are a whacky dynamic and could end up like Eddie and Chyna around the year 2000, if he gets his way in the end. I liked Rude's promo and the Balor dig was great and him not apologizing for last week is great classic heel work. Barry vs Bobby should be fun on the pre-show and I liked the main event and Muta's appearance with the mist. It was good that you left the audience wanting more at the end which is smart booking. Looking forward to the PPV and seeing who goes over on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

I may have show 3 up tonight or tomorrow. Sadly due to a lack of planning, I'll jump straight to the PPV from there most likely. I'd like to get a 4th show in, but I don't see where I'll get the time to do both.

I'll put it down to experience for next year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99244423&postcount=59

I have the pleasure of presenting the FIWF First ever PPV event 'CARNAGE'

other ppvs will follow in the coming days ending with the Grand daddy of them all 'Thunder Brawl'

PS I suffer from dyslexia so could be a few word errors in the write up

To those who gave feedback on my TV shows a big thank you and I hope to now be able to get back to reading shows so as to give a bit more myself but wahey! I've finished my PPV so here is some more BWA goodness for you.
    Links to previous 2016 BWA posts: Pre-show, BWA Raw #1, BWA Royal Rumble, BWA Raw #2, Raw #3, Wrestlepalooza go home show

BWA Wrestlepalooza Part 1 & Part 2

That took so long to write! a true epic and I really am happy that I started writing my shows as early as I did otherwise there is no way I coulda finished all of them or a PPV that size.

I shall now begin catching up on most, if not all of the shows I’ve missed. (I know Lee has a show up as has walt plus PPVs from PTH2009, BH and Necrominus).

So get ready for some feedback boys.

Even though I’m finished my work, I should point out that I am in favour of an further extension for those still struggling to find time to get shows up. It would be a shame if some didn’t get cards at least up considering we have some great initial shows posted. (esp Lord TSC who’s opening show was both very fresh and very well written)

Walt Mayhem Rising :
    Firstly, I love the indyriffic poster, really a nice touch and an idea I wish I thought of. I really thought this was your big PPV and I’m glad its not, and it made Russo out to be hellbent on making this year a success, which worked very well. Nice ending in the opening match, and it got Sasuke over in an instant and sets up an even bigger match down the road. The Russo/Linda segment was great, I loved Linda touching on his WWF magazine word (remember Vic Venom!) and Russo’s “go fcuk yourself line was gold.) I love where you are going with the steph blackmail and it works so well considering who else if on your roster, great stuff there.

Putting over Storm made sense and its another match that would be awesome to the wrestling purists. The Freebirds going over made sense too and their match with ME would be a great one. I liked Dynamites promo on Punk, as it sounds legit and realistic, while Punks reply was just as good, it really sets up the “whos better than who” match between too stars who have a constant chip on there shoulder and both are arguably two of the very best ever. Punk v Dynamite ended well and I look forward to how Dynamite handles the defeat.

Wheres BCW on the Monday Night War graphic (just kidding :) ) The match with HBK and Savage was well done and I wonder will we now be switching gears as we head to your new top PPV with some fresh feuds. A very good read indeed Walt and can’t wait to see what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

My dad passed away on Monday night after a tough few years so I won't be doing much more on this. I've got my 3rd show 95% done so I'll post that, then I might copy & paste whatever bullet points I've got for show 4 and post a PPV card for the sake of it.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Even though I’m finished my work, I should point out that I am in favour of an further extension for those still struggling to find time to get shows up. It would be a shame if some didn’t get cards at least up considering we have some great initial shows posted. (esp Lord TSC who’s opening show was both very fresh and very well written)

I'd happily second this, would be a shame to see some people not get the chance to get a PPV up.

Really sorry to hear that Brad , hope your coping alright.

re: an extention if people are looking for one, voice your worries now not too many have said they wanted one thus far but obviously if a few do then there will be one. There will be a few extra days to give time for people to read the shows too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Didn't think I 'd need it be saying this, but I might need an extra couple of days to get every thing together and up. Will try my best to get more up before the end.

Apologies!

(and my condolences to Brad, hope it's not inappropriate to put that here)

Feedback

Shag show 1:
    Having two heel like commentators id a fun and fresh dynamic, with Graves being a mini-ventura. Sex panther seem like a great stable in the making and Mabel potentially joining makes sense considering his other persona of Big Daddy V. Craves in the barber shop was great and got Graves over big time. His dialogue was pitch perfect and the ending with the razor blade was a nice touch. Graves and Beefcake has great potential, from two seemingly lesser pics, so well done there.

Luther Wards arrival was great and his interactions with Vince are not only easy to imagine but very relatable to your audience (in the draft). Swagger vs Carlito was well done, and its easy to see why you wanted Zeb so bad, i really hope you like what I did with Colter as he didn’t go to waste. The end segment with Vince, Warrior and Hogan was well written too and I loved the logical swerve with Vince screwing Warrior. But Stings arrival was equally as good and sets your feuds up well going foreward.

Shag Show 2
    : I love the trump addition, and it suits your old school WWF vibe well. The Cut Throat Club is a nice way to push the Graves-Beefcake feud and Corey is a fav in my eyes for most under rated pic. The Immigrant Killer gimmick suits Swagger and he and Ward was a nice match and while Luthar didn’t lose, swagger was put over as a serious threat with all teh bodies now in his wake. Santino going over made sense and I like The John Holmes Punch renaming of The Cobra. That pic of Trump was very Alan Partidge like, which is a huge plus in my book. The end segment was great, really enjoyed Sting and Warrior ruining the big moment.

LeeJM Show 3:
    The Zoetic are a fine stable and you’ve booked them very well against Awesome, Tajiri and Mikey. The 3 matches on this show really got the feud over as a big match on the horizon , in similar vein to The Shield vs The Wyatt Family feud. Rich and Idol are a dastardly pair and you’ve done a great job of getting them over and building sympathy for the Bucks with 2 beatdowns in the last 2 shows. Plus their interaction with Debra has got me very curious to where you are heading with them. The AJ promo was powerful and I liked the new, more focused and dealy AJ Styles, and the match with him and Manu got him over huge as a man willing to be taken more seriously.

I wasn’t expecting DDP v Y2J to take place, I assumed you would do a bait and switch here somehow, but I was pleasantly surprised with the match and DDP going over. I have no idea how you intend to go forward with DDP as champion or how Y2J will respond, but it was a clever ending to the night, as I now look forward to what happens next. Y2J looked strong in defeat but once again DDP is made look like star, something WWE never allowed him to be. Great job and look forward to more.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I'm a definite plus one to an extension! Work had me up to my eyes the last few weeks so writing has been hard! Also cheers for the feedback Joe and MNG I'll definitely get some feedback up this weekend when I finally get to sit down and read everyone's shows!

Necro – Natural Selection PPV:
    The intro video set the scene nicely for the up-coming PPV, which was a good addition. I was surprised with Morgan going over here, but you really wrote a war in this match and both men looked strong. (plus I’m glad I’m not the only one writing long matches :) ) I liked the set pieces through out, especially the use of the stage light. Andre v Hussan was very enjoyable, I loved how Andre came through the ring(though how was it repaired later, i joke i joke) Again the set pieces were well written and very creative (like test falling from the cage into the poor Spanish teams table. ), with Andre booked very well considering his size. I was very happy Andre beat Huessan against the huge odds and it was booked very well.

I liked the Jeff Promo, esp the lead in to the Outlaws arriving, very clever.I was kind of disappointed Tarver and Brown didn’t win, mainly because I’ma Monty mark though. I loved the finish of the tag titles match, esp the initial combo move of Hall and Pacs combined finishers, very creative. I couldn’t predict how it would finish, but NAO winning was probably the right hall going forward. Kane v Boogey was very well written too, and bringing back masked Kane would be a big deal at this point. The match I imagine is very difficult to write but you did a great job of setting up spots such as kanes dive to the outside and the flaming chair, again very creative and fresh. Happy that Rose got what was coming to him and the flaming steps spot was very well done. I felt for Kane losing but Evil boss Pete Ross going forward is the best call as it would open up so much going forward, esp since he just turned heel. He’s a candidate for most underrated pic in my book and the crowd goes home happy anyway with kane getting Rose in the end anyway.

Cena v Hardy was great, from start to finish. The cena salute to the middle finger is gold and should be used in reality if he ever turns heel. Again you have a knack for writing set pieces and this match is littered with great spots such as the splash from the ladder, The DVD to Hardy and esp the ring breaking at the end (the poor ring, first andre now this,lol) Hardy winning was the right call,esp with what followed. I really thought that was it until Hardy was mugged. Really surprised and shocked (in a good way) and Huessan becoming the champ is a great heel move which would put him over and elevate him big time, especially after all that Hardy had gone through. Great stuff and you have really hit the ground running in your first draft. I really think you have a great chance of winning and I believe you will do even better next year (which I really do hope you return). Well done and good luck brother

Like I think I was lucky myself to have some time to do my shows/PPVs and I just got it in before the weekend deadline and I’m sure another week at least won’t hurt. Esp with NXT and Mania, thats about 8/9 hours of viewing over the weekend starting tonight and I’m sure no one will be writing during the shows.

Thats my 2 cents anyway

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Like I think I was lucky myself to have some time to do my shows/PPVs and I just got it in before the weekend deadline and I’m sure another week at least won’t hurt. Esp with NXT and Mania, thats about 8/9 hours of viewing over the weekend starting tonight and I’m sure no one will be writing during the shows.

Thats my 2 cents anyway

Was thinking of giving another 3/4 days plus another day or two for reading myself but I'll wait and see how many get theirs in in the next day or so before making anything like that official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I've been in bed sick most of week so only started my ppv today so probably going to need an extension too

Although in still waiting on feedback from ppv1 I will have ppv2 up by 2morrow night .

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that, ABMG. Best wishes to you.

As regards the extension, I'd also be in favour of giving one; plus there probably ought to be time allotted for players to catch up on the shows.

Some more feedback:

beakerjoe (show 4) -
    You set up the Nakamura/EC3 match nicely and I look forward to Nakamura getting his hands on EC3. I like the way you are utilizing Breeze in the Zoolander storyline and I laughed at the guy thinking he was being hit on with the 20 dollar bill. You did an excellent job with the Flair promo and I liked Cesaro getting put over in it too. I look forward to Martel hopefully getting what's coming to him at the PPV, and I liked Tyler starting a brawl and getting out of there. The Ronda hype video was simple and effective. The use of Izzy in the Emma angle was well played too (did Izzy turn heel? :D) and Bayley came across very sympathetic. The Del Ray/Becky brawl was well done and I liked the use of the Disarmer here. The Sasha stuff was exactly what it needed to be. You've done a great job with your women's division as I'm psyched for all 3 of the women's matches. It was smart saving the Nakamura revenge until the PPV. The Frankie Says Relax line from Breeze cracked me up. The contract signing was great and you've built this match so well. As a Von Erich fan I hope Kerry will feature in some capacity at the PPV. The submission stip for Becky/Del Ray is a great addition.

The main event segment was excellent. I had a feeling the Horsemen Reborn would feature in some way when Cesaro earlier on gave them the night off; and what I thought would happen is they'd attack Flair later on, but the way you did it was much better. I liked that balls of steel element as well. The iron man match should be a classic and there's no better guy for a match like that than Flair. I'm fascinated to see how you book the main event as I think there's an argument to be made for either guy going over which makes this so compelling. I wonder have you been going back and forth on it yourself? I look forward to reading it and finding out who goes over. The card looks fantastic and I can tell this show will be a hit.

Advertisement