Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

PTH2009 (Carnage) -
    You announced a great set of matches to start things off and Owens feeling annoyed at being left out was a nice touch as it fits his character. I liked that you referenced little Jimmy with R Truth and I'm looking forward to how the match will work at The Bash. The attack on the APA and the Gangstas by Rocco and Johnny opens up your tag team division which is good. The mysterious red logo storyline got me very curious and Rhyno beating down on Neville made him seem a strong heel, as did the way he taunted Mason and Shamrock afterwards. I also liked that you set up a number one contenders match for the tag titles at The Bash. Gangrel showing up in the main event was a cool touch and I'm eager to learn what Mason is doing with him. I liked Sheamus winning the main event and Owens being strong at the end sets things up for the next show. I enjoyed what you did here on the Carnage event as you set up a lot of interesting stories and left me wanting to find out what happens next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I will get up my ppv card and hopefully also more detail about how the matches came to be and results, sorry about lateness and lack of writing this year

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

My time has been swallowed today between work and unforeseen circumstances. Main event is done (around 4,000 words), just need to get the others written up now. Thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

AEPW Easter Rising PPV http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99333604&postcount=70

Well its done! Its short than I wanted it to be. But I did have to rush it a bit(my own fault). Its been great fun to do. Best part for me has been getting the feedback. Now im done writing I will defo try and get some feedback for everyone else up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

WrestleRama III is up. Not as detailed as I would have liked with a few of my feuds underdeveloped but I'm happy enough with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Really pleased to see an extension for the reading.

In fact, any chance of extending the reading deadline another two nights until Wednesday? If not, no worries. I'll do my best to get to grips with it.

Since I don't want people to be unable to get the chance to read others work after so much effort being put in sure lets make it Wednesday as the deadline to submit votes by. (I will probably send another pm to everyone to make sure everyone knows this but it will be the last extension)

now as it's MNG im replying ot and as it is about people reading shows... I read your and Beakerjoe's Go home shows so here is some feedback

Beaker:
    Only just realized Nakamura isn't on your Chaos graphic while Tito, Breeze & EC3 made the cut...odd but he's back and one on one with EC3 at the PPV it's set. Love Breezes gimmick and heading to where zoolander has his gasoline fights (or miner bar) but love Flairs promo even more, could really imagine both segments being real. THe womans matches are all confirmed with an Izzy heel turn :D ha great Guess Jack Evan has just been a jobber on your roster, doesn't seem to have a match at the PPV and keeps losing but not everyone needs to be pushed and its probably been good for making others look strong....classic a contract signing what PPV build would be complete without one. Im guessing it might change at the PPV but the Von Erich news (no Kerry so 3on2) is unexpected and then having Bischoff make Beckys match a submission match is good as it makes it stand out seing as you have 3 1on1 womens matches on your card. The end was genuis and (funny) really makes Cesaro seem smart with the cup and then like a real badass heel as he forces him to watch the horsemen beat the crap outta his son! awesome

MNG Go home show:
    surprised we had the coyboys vs LAX before the PPB but it does play up the numbers advantage for LAX and damn would they get a load of heat blowing their nose on the flag and declaring war on the white man....ahh it becomes tag with manager and the cowboys are not involved which also clears up why one of them has a singles title, actually Im a little surprised so many title matches were only set in your go home show but I guess you could guess who was being built to face who anyway and they all made sense for example Hansen vs Storm who have a good backstage segment to set it up without either man having to turn heel on the other or Money Inc vs Bockwinkel & Stevens with their BWA Career on the line (now I know which one was similar to my Patterson stip). HA nice dig at the BWA & WECWF from Dibiase as Dibiase set that match up too. That said I was kinda expecting Ivelisse to get the shot after the talk about how both had faced men and how the champ had defeated Kim & Molly already but I get the logic behind the fatal four way too and all challengers have been made look strong. I think you've written the Axe excellently and that might be the first time ever Axel has been booked to look like a boss. You also kick the Vader Iishi match up a notch and then your main event does the same for your title match gets an awesome Devitt promo really putting over the challenger and the match at grapplemania which boom! is now a TLC match, perfect... great go home show

also great to see a good few late PPV entries yesterday looking forward to reading them and dont worry even if you didn't get a show in you can vote on the winners (and of course you can always stick your PPV up somewhere down the road anyway I for one will def read it)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Sincere apologies for the delay once more. Parts I & II of Cheddarama are now up, I hope people enjoy if they choose to read. I may do a fallout post in the next few days if I have time. Thanks very much to everyone organising, giving feedback and who took part. It was time consuming, but very enjoyable! :)

Part I - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99335799&postcount=74
    Part II - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99336354&postcount=75

some more feedback

Uncle Walt's Mayhem Rising:
    announces Mayhem Mania Which I found a little odd as this PPV is so big the focus should be 100% on it, still though... who cares, this PPV may not have had as big a build as some others but it'l no doubt deliver when you look at the lineup. Although a DQ finish in your first match out has me wondering... maybe we do get to see Mayhem Mania as thats odd for your big draft PPV... some very quotable lines here like "Both McMahon women leave the office briskly.. Leaving a satisfied Russo alone" before the workrate spectacular that would be the WECWF legends title match, Storm wins but again I don't feel like this is the end of this story. How quick the tag match was confirms it we have to be getting another big draft PPV from you. Punk beats Dynamite but at this stage I feel like that'l just lead to him facing the winner of your main event (or maybe both men) at Mayhem Mania.... which turns out to be HBK. Assuming we get Mayhem Rising that was an unexpected way to build to it which I enjoyed and I now look forward to seing how you tweek the feuds for that show. Roster alone your a contender but Mayhem Mania could push you over the top potentially

Necrominus Natural Selection –Preview Show
    made me laugh how you actually referenced "I didn't draft you" to disco inferno, who I think you have used very well and this preview was another example with the announcers playing off him nicely while recapping feuds.. and then very meta of you having your Necrominus character asked “Seriously, what joker wrote this?”... I wont comment really as I think I have on each show which this then reviews but it was a nicely presented review and I am looking forward to the actual thing now.

Shagnastii's WWF:
    love the intro back into the hulkamania period and how you have all the stars together. The touches like Ventura (works well with Graves) announcing and The Barbershop really add to it. Ha "sex panther" they should be fun esp with you going for past her prime sunny not the original diva and with mabel aka The World's Largest Love Machine Viscera also wanting in. Loved Brother Bruti and Graves altercation...then we have Luther Ward, what a juxtaposition to the world youve created but still a charcter im intreguedd to see interact with its inhabitants like the bigotted Swagger character you get over well with his assault on Carlito. Warrior cuts a surprisingly coherent promo but its Vince who is on form here, the heat he would get from not only stripping warrior of his belt but firing him would be huge while Stings arrival would be massive and get a humungous pop. Really interested to see what else you got done now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Boom done, it's now 3 days for reading with Votes due before midnight on Wed.

The below is being sent to everyone via pm so there should be nobody who misses out but just in case it is here also

Okay it's time to think about who will win the draft this year and here is how you will decide that through voting:

3 categories decide who will win overall. These are listed below so please choose your top 5 rosters (or drafter) in each category and then points will be assigned for each placing 1st place = 5pts, 2nd = 4pts and so on till 5th place = 1 pt. The promotion with the most points at the end will be the winner and I will publish the votes (which you submit as a pm to me) when the winner is announced to show all is above board.

Best Roster:
    Best write up(s):
    Overall winner:

Sorry BH, just to clarify on the voting, do we vote on 2 categories (best write up and best roster) and the combined votes of the 2 decide the winner

or do we pick an overall winner ourselves as well the 2 categories and that's the winner?

Sorry BH, just to clarify on the voting, do we vote on 2 categories (best write up and best roster) and the combined votes of the 2 decide the winner

or do we pick an overall winner ourselves as well the 2 categories and that's the winner?

no problem, probably best to ask incase others are unsure.

You give a top 5 for best roster in your opinion, you also give a top 5 for best write ups then you also give a top 5 for who you think should win.

Does not have to be decided by combining the other two. You may consider the write ups far more important than the rosters and your no.5 for write ups might make the overall winner top 5 even if it was only around no.7 on your best roster list. Or you might decide to include a promotion on your overall winners list that didn't even make either of the other lists just cos it was the most unique or fun promotion in your mind. It's completely up to you what determines Best so you can choose this whatever way you want.

Part of my thinking behind this is that it may increase the chances that more rosters get votes (as I always feel as many as possible deserve em after so much work even if there are a handful of standouts many years) although in the end it probably will / might just end up with everyone voting for people they have already voted.

ps edited your post only to change the quoted bit from me as the new deadline for votes is Wed not Monday

• Advertisement

no problem, probably best to ask incase others are unsure.

You give a top 5 for best roster in your opinion, you also give a top 5 for best write ups then you also give a top 5 for who you think should win.

Does not have to be decided by combining the other two. You may consider the write ups far more important than the rosters and your no.5 for write ups might make the overall winner top 5 even if it was only around no.7 on your best roster list. Or you might decide to include a promotion on your overall winners list that didn't even make either of the other lists just cos it was the most unique or fun promotion in your mind. It's completely up to you what determines Best so you can choose this whatever way you want.

Part of my thinking behind this is that it may increase the chances that more rosters get votes (as I always feel as many as possible deserve em after so much work even if there are a handful of standouts many years) although in the end it probably will / might just end up with everyone voting for people they have already voted.

ps edited your post only to change the quoted bit from me as the new deadline for votes is Wed not Monday

Grand, so we vote in the 3 cats and the winner gets decided by the overall cat and not by tallying up all 3 cats, correct?

Just making sure.

Still have shows to read and Wednesday gives me the time to do that, so kudos (and kudos to MNG who suggested it)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Grand, so we vote in the 3 cats and the winner gets decided by the overall cat and not by tallying up all 3 cats, correct?

Just making sure.

Still have shows to read and Wednesday gives me the time to do that, so kudos (and kudos to MNG who suggested it)

Oh sorry I guess I wasn't actually that clear now re-reading.

I will judge the winner by totalling up all three.

Best Roster, Best Write ups and Best overall. I guess the last one just allows you to say who you would like to see win the thing get more votes from you.

Might be odd if the best overall does not win the whole thing but then again that'd only happen if more people thought it (the best overall winner) didn't have the best roster or write ups also and if thats the case why vote it best overall. I could see why people would have something different no.4 or 5 but not no.1

Maybe I shoulda organized it differently now reading this back but I don't wanna complicate / confuse things by sending everyone another way to vote on this again.

When I announce the winner after counting up all the votes I'll also announce who will be running this next year... they might come up with a different and better voting system then :pac:

BH (Wrestlepalooza PPV) -
    The opening video package was well done and the pre-show match was a fun way to start things off with an ending that made sense for the storyline with Barry learning his first lesson is to break the rules. I can see Barry and Bobby being a fun double act so I was pleased you furthered the storyline here. I also liked seeing the Von Erichs getting the win in the PPV opener as I think they had the most momentum out of the teams here and by getting the win on a beloved babyface like Monsoon, especially Kowalski's involvement against his old partner, it made the win that bit more impactful.

I liked the backstage promos before the IC Title match and George asking for the ring to be disinfected which is classic Gorgeous George. The match had many memorable moments and I particularly liked Patterson feeling sorry for the cameraman he nailed, and George hitting Pat with the camera and then using the wire to choke him. I was happy Patterson got the win because he needed it like you said, and plus with Pat's career safe there's the potential for a huge rematch.

I was wondering how Gory could pull off the win over Aja without losing his cool and you figured out a super way to do it. The finish was original and fit in with Gory's character and I'm pleased that Gory and Aja would still be involved going forward. I think they'd be another fun double act. El Santo vs Zayn was another great read and I liked how the shoulder injury played into the story of the match. I loved the finish and El Santo came out of this match really well. I like the fact that El Santo is a villain but his motives are based on defending his culture, which makes him interesting.

On to part 2 now and the Daniel Bryan promo did its job of getting over his underdog character and building the main event later. I liked the tag title match and I was conflicted over who I wanted to win this one as I like both teams. I liked the explanation you gave for Arn and Tully winning and I think the veterans with their greater experience are better off winning the first bout. Also, like you said, Heenan's role in the match gives Gable and Jordan a legitimate case for a rematch. I liked the tag champs's promo afterwards and the Brock one too where he came across like a monster. Good to see Kharma get the win and I liked the double suplex spot on The Bellas. Like you said, they had it coming.

I liked the Rude promo and the look he gave towards Heenan when he mentioned Brock's name was a nice touch and it hinted at possible dissention in the future which made sense for the storyline. I am a big fan of Rude and so I liked that he got the win here and it puts across the Heenan family as a major force and leaves fans wondering how Bryan will prevail in the main event, which is exactly right. I liked the Jordan and Gable promo which got the fans pumped up for the main event.

The main event was fantastic. I think that might be my favourite match from BWA ever. You captured the emotion of the occasion so well. There were a lot of moments here I loved such as Brock laughing at his own blood, countering the running knee into a spinebuster, Bryan getting the knees up to counter the Shooting Star Press (love that you brought back the Shooting Star btw) and Monsoon stopping Heenan getting involved. Brock tapping would be a huge moment and especially because of how everything earlier in the show played out, with the Heenan Family having had a good night up to that point. I can see this match doing well in the Best Match Slammy category and it will be in my thoughts.

Overall I think you did a fantastic job with Wrestlepalooza. I liked the finishes you provided and you capped it off with a special ending. I'm sure you'll be in the mix challenging for the title again. Well done on your shows and thanks for your efforts as the Draft wouldn't be the same without BWA.

Oh sorry I guess I wasn't actually that clear now re-reading.

I will judge the winner by totalling up all three.

Best Roster, Best Write ups and Best overall. I guess the last one just allows you to say who you would like to see win the thing get more votes from you.

Might be odd if the best overall does not win the whole thing but then again that'd only happen if more people thought it (the best overall winner) didn't have the best roster or write ups also and if thats the case why vote it best overall. I could see why people would have something different no.4 or 5 but not no.1

Maybe I shoulda organized it differently now reading this back but I don't wanna complicate / confuse things by sending everyone another way to vote on this again.

When I announce the winner after counting up all the votes I'll also announce who will be running this next year... they might come up with a different and better voting system then :pac:

Ha, I approve of the voring system, I was just genuinely confused (story of my life)

Cheese Wagstaff (show 3) -
    I liked the opening moment with Steamboat looking to tear Rollins apart. Good to see Peter and Carl getting some comeuppance as well after that moment similar to the fingerpoke of doom. I enjoyed the segment with Xavier and Gunn and I like how Woods feels more eccentric on your show. The segment with Henry also entertained me and I got a laugh out of this Godfather line: 'It’ll be the biggest mistake you two will have ever made, even bigger than that disgraceful hand you call a son!' Buddy slapping Shelton was a good heel move and I'm hoping Shelton gets some payback.

I liked Henry turning on Sharpe and I didn't see it coming although I probably should have. O'Haire's behaviour surprised me as I expected him to beat up Sharpe. I find him a very interesting character and I wonder what he's up to. Steamboat coming back during the Rollins match was a great move. I had a sense he might return but not at that point, so it was a nice surprise for me. The main event was well written and I liked Rollins returning the favour by getting involved. I also was pleased to see Shelton nail Buddy with the kick and I've a feeling that won't sit well with Buddy. The ladder match should be a great contest too for your main event. Cheddarama is shaping up very nicely.

PTH2009 (The Bash) -
    I like that Lashley wants payback on Owens for what happened at Carnage. I also liked that Gangrel's group interrupted during the comedy match as it changes the atmosphere from a happy one to a sinister one which gets the group over better. Your tag division is looking well and Rhyno is being kept strong which I like. Good to see Rhyno sending a warning. The matches for Bloodbath look exciting and I was happy Owens got the win over Lashley. I wonder is Lashley vs Bossman your next feud. Another fun read and has me interested in the next instalment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

As it turned out this year I got though my introduction and first show easy enough but never got to finish writing the last shows and PPV. Life took over and I didn't even get a chance to read other people's work.

By the time Wednesday rolled around this week I just stopped writing as there was little point in posting my own shows if I wasn't going sure I would get to read other people's. That wouldn't be fair.

I do hope to read enough to cast votes but I might not get to do it.

DM even just cast a vote on what you have read. After the time you have put in you deserve a vote at least

Really appreciate the kind words MNG, think I have your PPV up soon so will def give you feedback also.

If anyone is struggling with reading shows some PPVs such as mine, MNGs, Necros and more have review shows that recap our build up shows so perhaps you could check out that one post instead of running out of time reading multiple build up threads (My recaps are actually part of my PPV post) or just skip to the PPVs. I may not be able to give feedback on every show as I hav been doing (but will try) but will make sure I have read everything.

I have actually already received 2 peoples votes even though you have until Wednesday to read what you can and vote. 1 of the voters only gave a number one in the 3 non slammy categories so if they wish to change that to a top 5 so as to give more people points they still have till wednesday.

I've a question in regard to the Slammy awards. Are we nominating a top 3 for each category which I think was was the case last year?
    If you have the time please also choose who you believe deserves to win a Slammy award in the following categories:

Best Feud
    Best Match
    Best Roster Pick
    Superstar of the Year
    Tag Team of the Year
    Diva of the Year
    Underrated pick of the year
    Best Face
    Best Heel

I was only thinking of 1 each as it is a lot of different things to vote on already but If you do a top 3 I will say 3 pts to no.1, 2pts to no.2 and 1pt to no.3, while if you just choose one I'll just give 3 pts.

Was just thinking about this as the 1 person who has already voted on the slammies was wondering if they could vote for 2 different matches for match of the year (might have been feud of the year but either way) as he considered them very tight but was giving 1 the slight nod. In that case ill give his slight fav 3pts and the other one 2pts

MNG Preview
    Very similar to what I said about Necro's preview that was well layed out and does preview your PPV well but I won't go into much detail on it as I believe ive already commented on all your pre-grapplemania shows (plus yur PPV is next up for me to read). I did like your use of Ted Tebiase Jnr in the preview however and Just Joe similarily. You are one of a number of people who really impressed me with your clever use of your enhancement talent just like Necro did with Disco Inferno

Shagnastii's WWF show 2 post 3:
    Trump's crossover was not expected but before we see more of him Graves continues his strong push but then there he is suggesting the immigrant killer takes on Luther Ward, very fitting, good match for both too as Swagger is getting a strong push but Ward really put it up to him. Sex Panther continue to look impressive though I doubt i'd say the same about "Sunny & The Stallion" if I saw that....Jaysus that Oprah clip from 88 is a great find, its almost a pity Trump is only being lent to you by TSC youve used him so well, but of a sudden ending then but it'd be great to see Warrior and Sting both suddenly appear like that and send the bad guys packing.

LeeJM Belfast show:
    Opening segment gets over the build to easter rising with the 3 ECW boyos vs The church (which repeats again later). Same goes for the tag match which is now official for Dublin and Idol & Rich spitting on Matt def would get them plenty o heat. AJ's promo was just like him even working in the religous bit but turning it up a notch with his Demon comment and then acting like it in his match where the calf killer is really put over strong. That said Taz keeps his words short in his promo but comes across as a bad ass also so that should be a great encounter when it happens. Didn't expect the elimination chamber so thats interesting!! Beaker did one on his opening show but I don't think anyone else has one on their PPV so it should stand out. Made good use of Debra this episode too which kept things in that feud ticking along nicely and then your main event and a huge main event it ws too and a new world champion. Y2J will want revenge though and as the title was won through nefarious means we will no doubt have the rematch at your Dublin PPV which looks almost fully booked now.

• Advertisement

@BH
    Did I say Elimination Chamber?? I thought I wrote Elimination tag match?
    Thanks for the feedback. Im nearly done reading Necros shows so Ill throw up feedback for his shows tonight

LeeJM wrote: »
    @BH
    Did I say Elimination Chamber?? I thought I wrote Elimination tag match?
    Thanks for the feedback. Im nearly done reading Necros shows so Ill throw up feedback for his shows tonight

Ha no your right, just quickly went back over it and realized my mistake, which I guess makes sense as that is afterall a mid-card feud and maybe that'd be overkill otherwise :D

Jesus I thought I was after having a Vince Russo moment! Mid card Elimination Chamber :) imagine the possibilities Shelton Benjamin vs Carlito vs John Morrison vs Lance Storm vs Val Venis vs Zach Ryder! Bill it as the mid card from hell match :pac:

A Brad Maddox Guy (Episode 3) -
    I enjoyed the opening segment and Miz playing off of he and Batista's movie careers was good. I also liked him forcing Mizdow to take the brunt of Batista's anger. Looks like a triple threat match may be on the cards for the IC Title which sounds exciting, as does the Super Junior Showcase. I liked the brawl with Studd/Bundy and The Andersons and I wonder how Brad reacts to getting clocked.

I laughed my arse off when you had Titus pull back Batista's arm; that was brilliant. If there was a funniest moment Slammy I think this would get it from me. Good to see Batista and RVD pick up a win in the tag match and I liked Graham's attempt to manipulate Brad afterwards. Brad looks like he got the last laugh though and I laughed again at Delaney turning out to be his partner. I liked the main event, and the reveal of Sabin would get a great pop and capped off the show in style. This was a great episode and it entertained me a lot. Looking forward to what happens next.

PTH2009 (Bloodbath) -
    Gangrel getting the win made sense as you've been building him up strong and I wonder will we hear from Ricardo again. I liked Bossman's explanation for why he helped Owens and I thought Lashley getting the win was the right call. Rhyno is another you have built up strong and the push from Shamrock to Arnie left me wondering if that was a hint at a future match between them, but then Shamrock telling Lashley to mind his own business makes me think maybe those two will have a match. I didn't see JBL's attack on Ron coming and I'm guessing that will be another feud. I was shocked that Sheamus seemed to have lost the title but then Arnie restarted the match and that was a good twist as it gave Owens a reason to be upset. His attack on Arnie now has me thinking that Owens and Arnie will face off. This was a fun show and you set up a lot of potential storylines.

PTH2009 (Webcast Beat Down) -
    Owens and Arnie facing off was what I was hoping you'd go with and I like that there's a lot on the line. Rhyno accepting Sheamus's challenge surprised me but you've built Rhyno up well so I was excited he answered the call. Rhyno getting the win was a big moment and I wonder does he deserve a world title shot soon. Ricardo returning as a brainwashed member of Gangrel's faction put over the group as dangerous. I love the match you arranged for Shamrock and Lashley; it's creative and with both guys having an MMA background it makes a lot of sense. Good to see JBL vs Ron Simmons booked. Gangrel losing was a shock as was his control on the guys being lifted. I'm wondering can Gangrel regain control. The main event segment shocked me with the Arnie twist and it leaves Sheamus looking in big trouble heading into Thunder Brawl. An exciting show.

PTH2009 (Thunder Brawl PPV) -
    The opening segment threw me off a bit with the guests' involvement. You know you're only supposed to be limited to one celebrity and that they should have had some involvement with WWE in the past?

The Gangstas winning the opener started things off with a bang. Simmons winning the match surprised me as did him reuniting with JBL. I hoped they would feud a bit more but maybe you want the APA to go after the Gangstas.

The Shamrock/Lashley match would be a great contest and I've a feeling it would be my favourite of the night. I wasn't sure what way the result would go but I liked how you booked it. Both guys came out of it looking strong. Neville winning the ladder match surprised me as I expected Rhyno would win since he's been booked so strong. But maybe Neville needed the win here and since I like Neville I liked the finish.

I liked Mason Ryan giving Gangrel his comeuppance but judging by the finish I've a feeling Gangrel would be back in the future to get some revenge. The ending of the main event was a shock and I suddenly began to realise why Rhyno had not won the ladder match earlier. Arnie definitely can't be trusted by anybody and I liked how you made reference to the meeting Rhyno had with Arnold. You really got Rhyno over as a star.

Overall I think you wrote some very exciting shows and I don't think you needed all those celebrities on this final show as your roster of wrestlers were interesting enough in themselves. Thanks for providing the shows you did and well done on getting them completed.

A Brad Maddox Guy (Episode 4) -
    I thought the opening segment was very good and I liked Sabin's line that the Time Splitters had nothing on the MCMG. I liked the way things boiled over between Batista and Okada and also Okada dropping the belt on Big Dave after the Rainmaker. Miz giving his agent an earful over not getting the part Mizdow did was a great heel move and I've really enjoyed Miz on your shows. Also Mizdow comes across as sympathetic. Mizdow later refusing to copy Miz was a nice touch and I like the Titus O'Miz idea. I wonder how Mizdow will feel about it.

I liked Batista throwing his weight around in the segment with Brad and he's the perfect character to act like a prima donna. The post-match fighting from the tag match was good and I liked Fandango getting to stand tall at the end of it. Shelley vs Kushida is a good call and I love the payoff to the tension between Superstar and Brad as I'm a fan of Gene and Ole and the 6 man should be a great contest with a lot on the line for both guys. The main event was perfectly done and I'm fascinated to see which of the three guys gets the win on the night as there is a case that can be made for all of them. I enjoyed the show and it got me eager for WrestleRama.

Cheese show 3 :
    Loved the opening with hometown boy Steamboat being sent home, you set the stage nicely with Steamboat and Rollins, and what would Rollins do in Steamboats absence. Have Johnny Ace as a face GM is intriguing as I can’t help but think he is going to turn at any second. I loved the Collins v Morton swerve, it really puts the duo over as heat seeking heels. Having strong appear was smart after the bogus match before it and their match at the PPV is well set up. Morton and Collins are two under rated gems and you’ve used them both creatively and wisely. I liked the Henry/Sharpe situation and loved the line about Henrys “son”. Loved the Henry turn later on and I honestly didn’t see it coming, so well done there. O’Haire is a very curious character, I still don’t know what to make of his motives yet, but I’ve interested to see how this develops.
    I like dhow Steamboat returned and it fuels this feud nicely, to what was already a top notch match at your ppv. The main event was top notch and it furthered a host of feuds in the process. Lethal and Rose is a nicely set feud, yet I believe there are a few more twists in this tale, esp with Sheltons actions this week.. A ladder match between Steamboat and Rollins would be epic and could easily produce the best match of all time in reality. Great Job Cheese and I look forward to more as I read on.

paulie21 (Pauliemania PPV) -
    I enjoyed the opener and Honky put up good battle kicking out of the mic check. I think Kennedy getting the win was the right call. The next match was also fun with Diesel kicking out of the double arm DDT and Foley kicking out of the chokeslam. I'm looking forward to seeing whether Kennedy or Diesel takes the PCW title later.

I liked the booking of the tag match with the younger guys going over and you established Cade and Murdoch as stars. Cole's line to Josh that there were rumours they may have to find new promotions to work for made me laugh and Kennedy's promo put over the importance of the title match later which was good.

The hardcore title invitational match was great fun and I was very pleased to see Foley as I thought to myself he would have been great for the match and then he showed up so that moment gets a big thumbs up from me. A lot of great moments here like Funk chasing Blackman with the chainsaw, Scotty nervous about doing the worm with the tacks around, and then Crash taking the title at the end. I'm sure this match would be a big hit with the crowd.

I liked Diesel's promo and his midget insult was classic Nash. Tyson taking the title was a great twist and I didn't see it coming and loved it. I wonder will he leave the show with the belt. The flag match was well done and I liked Giant Gonzalez getting the win and then he and Bearer burning the flag which gets this heel act over in a massive way. Also Sarge can blame Bearer for the loss so there would be the potential for a rematch.

The Rock's promo was a nice move to get the fans pumped for the match ahead and I liked the moment where all six men wind up brawling. Rikishi getting busted open was also good and now it's definitely a blood feud. Jey taking out the High Chief with the dive was another cool moment and I loved Rikishi bringing out the Stinkface too. The Rock finding himself at a disadvantage against Rikishi and Jey was a smart move and then having him eliminate Jey to make it him vs Rikishi was the perfect way to do it. I loved the finish of the match and Rikishi bringing out the Samoan Spike was excellent but I loved Rock getting the win in the end. This was my favourite match of Pauliemania and one of my favourite matches of this year's Draft. Great work here.

Haha, Foley taking the hardcore title was a great call and I got a kick out of the 'Have a nice day' line. The main event was another great read and I thought Diesel had the win with the Jackknife powerbomb. The ending with you nailing Diesel with the title would get a great pop from the crowd and I'm sure Diesel would be hunting you down in the months to come!

Overall, I had a great time reading Pauliemania and if I'm not mistaken this is your first year in the game which surprises me because you've produced a super show at the first time of asking. All of the matches entertained me, especially the 6 man, and I can see this show earning a lot of fans. Well done and thanks for all your work.

MNG Grapplemania:
    Sometimes I might be harsh on you when I give feedback in comparison to others and im sorry if thats been the case before now I guess I have really high standards in my mind for you as I cant help but compare your efforts to your 3 time draft winning submissions...anyway...

The Axe vs Axel - THe veteran capitalising on his grandsons mistakes made sense as did the younger making good on his promise. I honestly wasn't 100% sure who would go over here although Axel had suddenly become quite the over face and using the perfect plex like he did to win was the right move imo as was his promo at the end as I agree the fans would get behind his embracing his own name.

The Cowboys - Gotta admit I had to google 8 second ride to see what it was, finding this (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=8+second+ride) made me laugh though I assume Storm didn't do that and did the move I found which would look very impressive done to big man Hansen and I suppose him winning makes the most sense as Hansen winning wouldn't have been as big a moment.

The women's 4 way elimination: I liked how you referenced the history between Kim & Toyota from tbcs fed last year but also thought you couldnt repeat that so they shouldn't be the final two plus as I mentioned previously from your build I felt Ivelisse and the champ could have been the title match so I completely agreed with how you booked your eliminations. I actually agree with Ivelisse going over too as I kinda felt her story was the strongest this year.
    Think your saving some for later so as not to burn out the audience but

You had a preview post, so for me maybe a few backstage segments instead of again doing the backstories in part 1 might have been good but thats a small issue.

LAX/Express - was very curious to see how you would book this as surely a flag burning would be off the table as that would legit cause a riot one would think. In comparison for the reader the ending may seem less of a gripping read but it was the right call esp as the midnight express had only just arrived in the company no doubt the rivalry would continue anyway.

I liked Edges promo especially referencing his time with the Brood as it helped build to the main event and by being the first such segment to brake up the string of matches seemed extra special.

Iishi vs Vader: This was part 2 of your PPV and it did seem to move up a notch in intensity here. This match would be great to see... in a kinda sadistic way :D ... maybe its the weapons and all the near falls but no disrespect to what went before it but this match seemed to be where as JR would say "business just picked up" as Grappelmania began to look like a potential draft winner, that is if you can keep the momentum up and... you do with the tag match. I liked Iishi getting involved as he tried to get revenge on Vader but def still owed Dibiase which made the sweve even more of a surprise although I wasn't surprised with the result which I believe was right. Youve had Bockwinkel so much in MNG the result of the stip would be huge but also I'd wager youd almost be happy to be forced to not use him as it makes things fresher (a la my avoiding Misawa/Kobashi this year).

Your ppv has been getting better as it goes on and yep it peaks at the right time with a great main event and I liked the call back to when Edge won the title as Finn puts him through the table at the end. Very nice end too with all the faces embracing the new champ and a new era in MNG.You have one or two competitors for sure but this PPV is def the one to beat thus far

^^ far too long... won't be able to do that for others given time restraints, sorry

• Advertisement

Cheers for that feedback, BH. Much appreciated.

LeeJM (Easter Rising PPV) -
    I liked JR's intense promo to kick things off and you've done a great job with his character this season. I wonder are you teasing a potential split here. I'll soon find out. The cage match had great action and I particularly loved the double shooting star spot with Doc getting his knees up in time. The ending I think was the right call and I like that mental image of Alpha IV leaning on the ropes for support after the war they went through. The handshake would be a great moment and I agree with your thoughts that Ricochet and Sydal can be great for you as singles guys.

The tag match was also well thought out and I liked Rich and Idol focusing on the neck of Nick. Debra appearing on the ramp was a nice move and I was wondering would she get involved. I liked the way you did the finish as the Bucks needed to get the win since Idol and Rich have been booked strong anyway, and the ending with Debra walking away intrigues me and has me curious to see what happens next.

The 6 man tag had great action and I liked Tajiri using the mist. Having it come down to Awesome and Tanaka was smart and while I was surprised the Zoetic lost, it made sense when you said the feud would continue as Awesome would need to establish himself as a force in preparation for that.

I liked the promo segments that came next and it seems like Jerry Lawler may have Idol and Rich to worry about soon. I wonder can he leave with the title.

Well I called it wrong in my head because I expected Debra might turn on Lawler and go with Idol and Rich but the way you did it was way better. This was one of the best turns of this year's Draft. I didn't see it coming but it made sense as JR and King have history together and plus there's the whole Memphis connection of Idol, Rich and Lawler. I also liked how earlier you had J.R. tell Alpha IV to go to the hospital which got them out of the picture and that was well played. This was all a brilliant pay-off.

I really enjoyed the World Title match and I was hoping DDP would win as two losses for The Zoetic on the show may have been too much, but now with DDP winning plus Sabu in the fold the group look awesome. I've loved how you got over this faction and it's a shame there's not a best faction award in the Slammy awards as The Zoetic would be in my thoughts.

The main event Texas Death Match had a big time feel to it as you've built this really well. I liked that you made this match the main event too. There were some great moments here and one that stands out is when Taz is trying to make the count following the Styles Clash and he slips; I thought he was done at that point but then he recovers. That was great. Also loved AJ blessing himself before the big springboard 450 spot which was a nice reference to his religion which you touched on in your weekly shows.

Overall I thought this was a top notch show. You built the card really well in the weekly shows and there was a great payoff for each match, plus well written matches and a powerful faction that stands out. Your another player I think who is having his first year and I'm amazed because this was a really polished, quality show. I can see you getting a lot of support and being in the mix at the top. Congrats on the great shows and well done for all your work.

Advertisement