Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Hopefully be able to compete again but could be up to my neck with college assignments around then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Can't wait. I'll play again this year for sure.

A lot of guys have risen in value within the last year. It will be great to get the draft kicked off to see what rosters we get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    A lot of guys have risen in value within the last year.

Yeah, I agree. It will be tough predicting the first names taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So who will be taking POTUS elect Trump :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So who will be taking POTUS elect Trump
    Who said we are having a Celeb Round Liz?!?!?!?!?!!!! (Kidding, of course we will have one.
    I am toying with a few different ideas to spice things up for the 10th annual draft. Been researching various potential stipulations and bonuses and such. (Nothing radical tho, so no stealing from others rosters n such).
    Can't wait. I'll play again this year for sure.

A lot of guys have risen in value within the last year. It will be great to get the draft kicked off to see what rosters we get.

With guys Rising, others will also fall and here lies the importance of judging when to draft certain guys.

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Hopefully be able to compete again but could be up to my neck with college assignments around then

Hoping you can make it Paulie, you had a superb first year last time out. I found my first year to be great but I enjoyed my second year so much more because I had the experience of the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hoping you can make it Paulie, you had a superb first year last time out. I found my first year to be great but I enjoyed my second year so much more because I had the experience of the first year.

Kinda like losing your virginity,you are just winging it first time out😄
    Then it easier time after time.

I won't have time to commit to this yet again. I am looking forward to how it unfolds though.

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Kinda like losing your virginity,you are just winging it first time out😄
    Then it easier time after time.

I won't have time to commit to this yet again. I am looking forward to how it unfolds though.

Tis unfortunate that you can’t take part, but your contributions each year, whether its opinions on rosters or shows are always welcomed seeing as you are independently impartial.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Dave Meltzer has reported that the BWA will be once again represented in the draft. He stated that his inside sources have said that their owner is furious with having dropped to a position which was as he is said to have described it "coming second! you might as well call is the no.1 losers of the draft!". Meltzer, who wants to point outthat the BWA actually came joint second with MNG productions (Except the owner hates being spoken of as on the same level as that poromotion.), has been given the idea by these same sources that The owner plans wholesale changes to the BWA. Admist fear that he will Shake things up however, the talent seem unawares about any changes heading their way.

I dunno though I heard on boards that Melty gets things wrong sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

After I didn't get my shows in last year I'm very much looking forward to this year (If I get into it of course).

Now this might make me a bit unpopular ... but ... could I suggest shifting the "No pre 1970 picks" rule on a few years ... maybe no picks pre 1975?

A few wrestlers have established in the last few years, and it wouldn't be handicapping us too much if pre 75 wrestlers couldn't be included until later in the draft ....

• Advertisement

After I didn't get my shows in last year I'm very much looking forward to this year (If I get into it of course).

Now this might make me a bit unpopular ... but ... could I suggest shifting the "No pre 1970 picks" rule on a few years ... maybe no picks pre 1975?

A few wrestlers have established in the last few years, and it wouldn't be handicapping us too much if pre 75 wrestlers couldn't be included until later in the draft ....

Im all about catering to the masses, so what do people think of Imnotthehulks suggestion?

On a similar note, another roster had messaged me about abandoning the rule all together?

Personally I like the rule as it is, but by all means Id love to know what you guys think.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im all about catering to the masses, so what do people think of Imnotthehulks suggestion?

On a similar note, another roster had messaged me about abandoning the rule all together?

Personally I like the rule as it is, but by all means Id love to know what you guys think.

I had considered removing the rule alright last year, for the first round it'd make it interesting if literally everyone was on the board. I wouldn't mind if the debut date was pushed forward but would hope that instead of a one off round it was just removed in the round its dropped then as there would be a lot of decent pre 75s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I like it set at 1970. If it moves to 75 guys like Flair, Rhodes, Steamboat, Lawler are off the board right away which I think would be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I quite like the idea of it not being there as a round 1 stip - would really force the issue if someone wants the likes of Andre but have to sacrifice a modern day star to get him. I do like the rule though.

I always love the Draft, assembling a roster is great craic and lots of ye are really talented writers. When my dad died last year reading the submissions and discussion here was a very welcome distraction during a very sh!tty time and I want to thank everyone involved for that.

I quite like the idea of it not being there as a round 1 stip - would really force the issue if someone wants the likes of Andre but have to sacrifice a modern day star to get him. I do like the rule though.

I always love the Draft, assembling a roster is great craic and lots of ye are really talented writers. When my dad died last year reading the submissions and discussion here was a very welcome distraction during a very sh!tty time and I want to thank everyone involved for that.

]I too love assembling the rosters and pairing people off into feuds, but my favourite part is trying to re-do plans if a pick I had earmarked was taken before my turn. Scrambling to think of alternate ideas and re-doing plans, its like being a RAW writer submitting scripts to Vince after which he orders a re-write.

One idea I had was to expand the voting a tad, usually we are asked to vote for a top 5 in 2 categories (roster and write ups). I was thinking of expanding that to a top 10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 points to your fav in that category. Good idea/Bad idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Good idea

that sounds like a very good idea.

I just felt disappointed I couldnt rate some other guys work last time out,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote:
    I just felt disappointed I couldnt rate some other guys work last time out,

I was thinking along the same lines as you when it came to voting last year. Trying to squeeze in 5 when there were at least 7/8 people deserving of votes.

I hope to enter again this year, hopefully from the start this year if I'm around in time!

• Advertisement

Have been thinking a good bit about this during the week.

Think I have the marquee main event I'll be looking to form my fed around. Won't state my confidence about getting said picks cause you can guarantee I'll jinx myself :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Still debating whether to re enter my January and February are mad with work but I really enjoy the planning of a roster...

And we all know who the first pic will be

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like that idea. It means if you wanted a classic guy you can get them early and not have to wait until, say, round 8 or 10 to see whether you can fit them into plans.
    beakerjoe wrote:
    One idea I had was to expand the voting a tad, usually we are asked to vote for a top 5 in 2 categories (roster and write ups). I was thinking of expanding that to a top 10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 points to your fav in that category. Good idea/Bad idea?

I think the voting should definitely be expanded.

I wonder though should the number one roster not get more than a one point advantage over the second best roster? Take the Eurovision for example: the top song gets 12 points, the second best song gets 10 points, and third to tenth get 8-1 points. That seems to me to be a fairer distribution of points and might be worth adopting?

As regards the 1970 rule generally, I would also like it to be scrapped altogether as I feel that opens up more star power for rosters and gives a greater degree of choice, but perhaps others would prefer to make picking more challenging, I dunno.

I'd agree on scrapping the 70s rule. It was/is an interesting stipulation but looking at it year in year out there's probably only 3-4 real five star picks (Andre, Dusty, Piper, Bruno S) free in that round.

Who's taking the mantel this year? BH said last year he won't be running it.

Who's taking the mantel this year? BH said last year he won't be running it.

Last year was my 2nd or 3rd time running it and fresh blood is always good for changes. I'll still help out esp with editing ops as a mod but Beakerjoe is your man this year.

I like that idea. It means if you wanted a classic guy you can get them early and not have to wait until, say, round 8 or 10 to see whether you can fit them into plans.

I think the voting should definitely be expanded.

I wonder though should the number one roster not get more than a one point advantage over the second best roster? Take the Eurovision for example: the top song gets 12 points, the second best song gets 10 points, and third to tenth get 8-1 points. That seems to me to be a fairer distribution of points and might be worth adopting?

As regards the 1970 rule generally, I would also like it to be scrapped altogether as I feel that opens up more star power for rosters and gives a greater degree of choice, but perhaps others would prefer to make picking more challenging, I dunno.

Great idea, really like it.

That's what I like about the 1970's rule and wouldn't mind it being brought forward to 75. I do like having more restrictions and making picking harder. Makes things interesting.

That's what I like about the 1970's rule and wouldn't mind it being brought forward to 75. I do like having more restrictions and making picking harder. Makes things interesting.

I think both suggestions are good, both make thinks interesting in different ways. Good to know that you guys don't think either way is too radical a change.

With the Christmas rush taking a far hold of me and many a PW poster, Ive thrown up the draft 2017 discussion thread just in case Im too busy over xmas week and to alter those who may also be busy that its taking place.

You can access it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101952856#post101952856

Hope most of last years players can make it. I'll throw up the sign up thread on Jan 2nd. Hope to see you all there guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement