Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm heading offline now until tonight. I probably won't be able to get back on here though to check if I'm up so will you please send me the PM to let me know and I can quickly head on and throw up my pick? I'm sure you were going to do anyway but the way my next 24 hours is mapped out I probably won't be on here for any lengthy period of time. I have a fairly clear image of who I want at the moment so hopefully it doesn't get taken between now and then. The funny thing is it was one of my top few choices for this stipulation.

You can always PM your pick(s) to BH seeing as hes before you for r2 and r3 and he can post them for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

As Beaker says if you wanna pm me your rnd 2/3 pick I can make it for you as im before you and after you.

Well assuming there isn't a huge delay with the next few pickers. PTH just picked and seing as he was replacing MM whos go has passed I think it's fair he didn't have to wait till the rounds end esp as he keeps us ticking along (and it helps that even though im a fan I hadn't planned to take Bossman)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

10th?

Ugh.

Miracles needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

16th damn :( doomed to miss out on who i want i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

20th! Balls. I'll definitely have to change my plans now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As others have said, best wishes to you Moneymaker.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    12th grand, but as a result I may throw Eddie up for a trade if who Id like goes before pick 12

I would be very interested in Eddie if you plan on making him available. Obviously it would need to be worth your while and I'd have to provide a quality alternative.

I'm 14th for this round so I'm hopeful there will be top talent by the time it's my turn.

I would be very interested in Eddie if you plan on making him available. Obviously it would need to be worth your while and I'd have to provide a quality alternative.

I'm 14th for this round so I'm hopeful there will be top talent by the time it's my turn.

Ah there is plenty of talent available, but Ive worked myself into a story in my head and 1 person fits my bill and I imagine he will be gone by pick 8 at the very least, though stranger things have happened. (See New Day being drafted number 1 for example)

Eddie could work and I still may come round to the idea of him in that role but for now hes availble in exchange for my ideal pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,873 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Due to personal circumstances at home i'll have to drop out of this.

I'll probably make some sort of post later in Off Topic as I have been very open about it and people have been kind and supportive here.

It just seems it's my fate to never complete a draft. Have fun and i'll try and follow along.

Bryan

Sorry to lose you at this stage, take care and good luck with what ever happening in your personal life (if that is right thing to say)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Sorry to see MM leave the game. But at the end of the day thats all this is. MM has been very open in the past regards his family and I just wanna join everyone else in saying I hope you are ok and are able to get to get through whatever problems you are having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Sorry to hear you are dropping out MM but under the circumstances it's only to be respected. Hope you are holding up ok. My pick will be up shortly, sorry about the delay, study is a b1tch.

• Advertisement

Just realised I done fcuked up. This is the problem with this stip. It's restrictive enough as is, but also placing a length of years makes it a lot more difficult for people further down the list. I don't agree with it and sincerely hope it is retired after this year and never used again.

Managed to make up a story-line on the fly there (assuming I get who I want, and seeing as my draw is so low this round I'll have to pray for a good one next round to make up for it), but my comments on this stip remain the same. Don't think it's a very fair stip to people later down the order, something I would have pointed out regardless of where I was.

I personally would be ok with you picking Von Erich and Id be happy if that stood.

That being said others who picked before you may have opted not to pick him after they realised he was ineligible. I personally had him on my list and forgot he died so young

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I wouldn't be opposed to mrk keeping Von Erich either, but I also think there's some tremendous talent still left undrafted in this round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Managed to make up a story-line on the fly there (assuming I get who I want, and seeing as my draw is so low this round I'll have to pray for a good one next round to make up for it), but my comments on this stip remain the same. Don't think it's a very fair stip to people later down the order, something I would have pointed out regardless of where I was.

But isn't that the same danger we all face in every round? The level of wrestlers available to the first 5 pickers in the first round was certainly a lot healthier than those of us in the bottom 5. Heck, I'm down in 15th place for the third round, and already know that several of my top picks will be gone. I just got to think smarter and look for the missed advantages in the choices left.

Good pick there by Chesse, but then Im not telling you something you dont already know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Delighted. Genuinely got my first choice, fun will be had!

Not sure what all the complaining is all about. Part of the fun is booking on the fly IMO, and changing plans as options change. Its not like we are told anything pre 2000 is no go, its pretty much an all time draft! There is tens of thousands of wrestlers male and female to choose from. I have ideas for wrestlers that I think others arent going to pick. I didnt pre plan to have Cena, Lesnar, New Day, Rollins, Nakamura etc. I have plans for guys that Im gonna guess may never have even been drafted before.

And some of the names that have gone undrafted in this round has shocked me

Cheese from downtown.... a great pick and one that I don't think has ever been fully utilised in the draft before. He could be a pick of the year if used right

Hope you give him more of a chance than WWE did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You can always PM your pick(s) to BH seeing as hes before you for r2 and r3 and he can post them for you.
    Ah I'll be floating around here for the next hour or so if my pick arrives between now and then. If not then I guess it'll be the morning before I get back here.

But isn't that the same danger we all face in every round? The level of wrestlers available to the first 5 pickers in the first round was certainly a lot healthier than those of us in the bottom 5. Heck, I'm down in 15th place for the third round, and already know that several of my top picks will be gone. I just got to think smarter and look for the missed advantages in the choices left.
    Not really. Firstly, I'm not complaining about where I was on the round, that's the fun of the draft IMHO. In 3 years, this is the first time I've ever actually been stressed about finding a wrestler that fits the criteria. If it was just dead wrestlers, fine, woulda been grand. But to also put a limit on when they died? Not really fair in my opinion. But again, that's just my opinion.
    LeeJM wrote: »
    Not sure what all the complaining is all about. Part of the fun is booking on the fly IMO, and changing plans as options change. Its not like we are told anything pre 2000 is no go, its pretty much an all time draft! There is tens of thousands of wrestlers male and female to choose from. I have ideas for wrestlers that I think others arent going to pick. I didnt pre plan to have Cena, Lesnar, New Day, Rollins, Nakamura etc. I have plans for guys that Im gonna guess may never have even been drafted before.

And some of the names that have gone undrafted in this round has shocked me
    Pretty sure I'm entitled to voice any concerns I have. I've been busy studying for exams so only check to see if I have PMs every evening and if I don't I get straight back to study. Hence haven't had a chance to say it yet. I'm not disagreeing with it because I didn't get who I want, I just think it's an extremely restricting stips. All stips are restricting, but in the 3 years I've had here that is far and away the most restrictive. And I fully agree that the fun of the draft is that you kinda have to pick on the fly

When it's this early in the game then no I don't agree that it's the same danger as every round. The difference in quality available at the start and end of this round is absolutely massive. As much as I appreciate the potential of a pick like Sean O'Haire or Bossman, when it comes to voting on rosters they simply doesn't compare to the likes of Randy Savage & Eddie Guerrero who could easily be traditional Round 1 picks. I'm #20 next round, fair enough it's the luck of the draw. But I can pretty much guarantee the difference in name value between #1 & mine will be nowhere near as big as it will in this round.

Also this complaint isn't anything to dwell on, whoever writes the best shows is almost certainly going to win. And it is just a bit of fun. But roster quality is part of the voting & I personally feel that this round automatically puts some at a disadvantage

I think this stip is pretty good. I'm the last person to pick in this round and it doesn't bother me too much. It's only a game after all. If I wanted to present the best quality roster, that I think other people would believe was the best I would have probably chosen differently. It's the luck of the draw at the end of the day, and we're all in the same boat with it. I guess maybe people aren't really thinking of a lot of the names who are eligible to be drafted in this round. I'm amazed that some of the names I have in mind are still available!

Pretty sure I'm entitled to voice any concerns I have. I've been busy studying for exams so only check to see if I have PMs every evening and if I don't I get straight back to study. Hence haven't had a chance to say it yet. I'm not disagreeing with it because I didn't get who I want, I just think it's an extremely restricting stips. All stips are restricting, but in the 3 years I've had here that is far and away the most restrictive. And I fully agree that the fun of the draft is that you kinda have to pick on the fly

Sorry didnt mean to come across like you cant have any concerns. I guess as its my first draft I just think the random draws and stips whether fair or not are just part of it.

There's no such thing as unfair in something like this really when we're all in the same boat. It would probably be unfair if one person was given different parameters to choose within.

• Advertisement

There's no such thing as unfair in something like this really when we're all in the same boat. It would probably be unfair if one person was given different parameters to choose within.
    Think A Brad Maddox Guy put it better than I did. I do think it's a little unfair. But again, differing opinions. It's not a huge thing, I just felt like I needed to give my two cents on the issue. If you remove the died after 1st Jan 1996 I think it'd be a good stip, and maybe at round 5 or 6 as well. Would be a lot better IMHO.

Sorry didnt mean to come across like you cant have any concerns. I guess as its my first draft I just think the random draws and stips whether fair or not are just part of it.

They are, they're just not usually so restrictive & I'll be glad to see this round end. One good thing though is this might be the best round 3 ever :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think there's a concern that when it comes to the voting process for the best roster at the end some may forget that way back in round 2 many players didn't have the chance of drafting a 'big name', and so they may just scan-read the rosters and think 'well this roster has more stars in it so I'll vote for that' rather than take into account what is the best roster considering all circumstances.

I would be optimistic though that most players will take this into consideration. My attitude towards the best roster category is 'did this player make the most out of their available options?' The benefit of that approach is you don't disadvantage those with low draws, nor do you disadvantage those with high draws either (because even with a high draw you have to maximise the benefit from it).

Plus, after Round 3 the rosters should all look better.

Think A Brad Maddox Guy put it better than I did. I do think it's a little unfair. But again, differing opinions. It's not a huge thing, I just felt like I needed to give my two cents on the issue. If you remove the died after 1st Jan 1996 I think it'd be a good stip, and maybe at round 5 or 6 as well. Would be a lot better IMHO.
    Sure I've got the best roster out of all of ye even if I make no more picks from here. :pac:

will have my pick up in a minute but just to add one thing.

I added the 20 year cut off because I was also removing the debut date for this stip round. This actually made far more people eligible than had been the case than the previous time I remember this stip being used with people like Thesz, Bockwinkel, Moolah, the pick im about to make and a few more being available. I can't name them as they could go in another round but there are still around 4 names I am really surprised haven't been picked in this round including two who main evented wrestlemania. If I had put the stip later, around round 5/6 as suggested im sure there would be far far less people available with Eddie, Misawa etc all bound to be gone, it would mostly just be the very old wrestlers left.

That said I can understand someone feeling it makes things more difficult if you get a later draw in this round, hopefully the luck of the draw will balance things out in the later rounds and some of those people will get a top draw in the pre 70s round or the other advantagous stip round. Near the end there will also be a round where the order will be based on your average order so far, this may not fully address any disadvantage people with a low draw had so late but it will highlight who had the lower draws for people who want to take that into account for voting on best rosters etc.

and now off I go to pick.

• Advertisement

Also we have had another person drop out unfortunately. They don't think it is anything too serious but as friends and relatives of theirs read boards don't wanna go into details. So the roster with Randy Orton & Chris Benoit is up for grabs and as they pick again no.9 this round I suppose we can at least wait till then before any decision has to be made and either at that point make them available again as picks for the 19 remaining drafters (and considering the big names still available it wouldn't be bad in this round to do so) or wait till the end of the round to see if someone wnats to take over and pick whenever they take over at which point if nobody has stepped up ill save Randy & Benoit to be added to being eligable in say the pre 70s round for example.

anyway current rosters:

Lord TSC: Dean Ambrose & Solomen Crowe, Umaga,

Mr.Nice Guy: Finn Balor, Nick Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens

Bounty Hunter: Brock Lesnar, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon,

SlickRic: Samoa Joe, Misawa,

A Brad Maddox Guy: Kazuchika Okada, Brian Pillman

LeeJM: AJ Styles, THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR,

Beakerjoe: Chris Hero & Cesaro, Eddie Guerrero

Thebostoncrab: Kurt Angle, Rick Rude

PTH2009: Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn, Big Bossman,

Paulie21: John Cena, Lou Thesz,

BrianRegan09: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Mr Perfect,

JP Liz: Roman Reigns, Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith

Cheese Wagstaff: Seth Rollins, Sean O Haire

Shagnastii: Sting, Dr. Death Steve Williams & Terry Bam Bam Gordy

Stereomaniac: Kofi Kingston & Big E, Yokozuna, Bret Hart

Mrkiscool: The Undertaker, Fabulous Moolah

ImnottheHulk: Bray Wyatt, Dusty Rhodes

Uncle Walt: Chris Jericho, Randy Savage

: Randy Orton, Chris Benoit

aaaaaaaahhhhhh: Kane, Roddy Piper

Am I the only one thats disappointed every time and log in and see that there hasnt been a huge flurry of picks and its all of a sudden my pick? :pac:

Round 3 I think is gonna be very interesting. A lot of massive names still available, will be interesting to see will people draft who they had planned for or draft a huge name thats still left on the table. Fun times ahead me thinks

Am I the only one thats disappointed every time and log in and see that there hasnt been a huge flurry of picks and its all of a sudden my pick? :pac:

well I think we are about to get 2 picks right now from Stereo as he's on atm!

2 HUGE picks by Stereo. I seriously considered Yoko. Really cant believe he didnt go until pick 20 in the deceased wrestler round. And Bret Hart is a great pick. Heel or face I can imagine he'd be great fun to write for.

Boom Bret Hart and Yokozuna in 1 swoop. Yoko was one of the four guys I expected to have gone in the round just gone tbh so no surprise to see him picked although only just in that round

and yeah I had great fun writing for Bret one year, made him a real arrogant pr!ck

Boom Bret Hart and Yokozuna in 1 swoop. Yoko was one of the four guys I expected to have gone in the round just gone tbh so no surprise to see him picked although only just in that round

and yeah I had great fun writing for Bret one year, made him a real arrogant pr!ck

Im sure that was quite a stretch to make Bret arrogant :pac:

New Day, Yoko and Bret is a strong start for Stereo. Going by Stereos posts I'm guessing his stories are gonna be very WWE like so hes definitely drafted according to what I would say is his taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Couldn't believe Yoko fell so much in fact there was 2 WM main eventers in that round that weren't getting picked

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

19th :(

Realistically, I'll see who's left when it's my go. However I have no doubt that there will still be a lot of high calibre names to choose from by then, hopefully!

• Advertisement

There's always plenty of names if you look hard enough. Hope everyone finds decent picks for this round. Heading off for the day now so hopefully things move at a decent enough pace!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shocked Yoko lasted so long.

Thrilled Bret was picked. Had a shortlist of 3 names and Bret wasn't on it, so will get one now. Tensions rising now. Of the 3, I really want one specifically...

Awh, there goes my number 1 pick for the round :(

Just in will put my pick up in a min and then respond to a few pms

Great pick, knew he wouldn't last long in this round!

cheers. Brock vs Bryan is a true dream match / feud for me so this was a case where Ireally felt althogh I would put a good few on a level above Bryan in terms of star power none would be better drafts for me.

Similarily I think I coulda got a few much bigger names at the end of the last round (Yoko being the only one I can name atm) bt have a plan in mind for Kowalski & Monsoon.

DM7 is now part of this years draft too. He'd done it before so should seamlessly join in and sure he's actually up to draft in around 5 turns now

Really torn between someone I've had before and loved, or someone new but awesome.

Think I'll go with something new. The lunatic verses the rattlesnake is just too much fun to turn down....

Can CM Punk be on the winning promotion for the 3rd time in a row? up to LeeJM

Didnt realise Punk was on a winning streak.................more pressure now :confused: Dont want him walking out if hes unhappy :pac:

• Advertisement

Shocked he wasn't gone sooner

Advertisement