Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie PW Draft 2016 discussion thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Punk was the other guy I was tempted to pick. Have had him before and he's fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im seriously surprised I was able to pick him up at no.5 in this round. He genuinely wasnt on my radar until BH picked Bryan and I realised Punk was still available. I am delighted with Styles, Warrior and Punk as my first 3 picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Welcome aboard, DM_7. There's another who will pick very well based on previous games.

Can someone post an updated list of the current participants? There have been a few additions recently and I'm not actually clear on the full list. Maybe I haven't paid enough attention. :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

here is the current rounds order (already at no.7 atm) with updated participants so Walt remember to pm DM7 after your next pick not SureYWouldntYa

01. Stereomaniac
    02. Shagnastii
    03. Bounty Hunter
    04. LordTSC
    05. LeeJM
    06. aaaaaaaahhhhhh
    07. JP Liz
    08. Uncle Walt
    09. DM7
    10. SlickRic
    11. PTH2009
    12. Beakerjoe
    13. Thebostoncrab
    14. Mr Nice Guy
    15. Imnotthehulk
    16. BrianRegan09
    17. Paulie21
    18. Mrkiscool
    19. Cheese Wagstaff
    20. A Brad Maddox Guy

and the Rock has now been picked. He is someone I thought could have gone at anytime this round, there is still at least 1 person that I wouldnt have been shocked if they were first picked in the round too but I think Liz might take that pick and then have a roster i'd personally love to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've no hope of getting who I want.

Gonna have to get very creative I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I have a list of 6 names, started off with 7 and my top 3 are still available. Some great picks still available thanks to the last two stips so everyone should finish the round in a good place.

I'm surprised there haven't been more tag team picks. If you managed to land two main eventers in the first two rounds then it's an ideal time to get a run on others by drafting a big tag pick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If I want to move on Benoit down the road will I have to trade for another person from the stip round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM_7 wrote: »
    If I want to move on Benoit down the road will I have to trade for another person from the stip round?

I think you can trade him for who ever you want, hes your pick so I imagine you can do what you like with him from now

I'm surprised there haven't been more tag team picks. If you managed to land two main eventers in the first two rounds then it's an ideal time to get a run on others by drafting a big tag pick.

I was going to pick a tag team cos unless I get a great draw and theres no stip next round I cant see me getting the team I want. But Punk was just too good to ignore.

• Advertisement

Depending on whos left Ive a tag team in mind for next two rounds....

LeeJM wrote: »
    I was going to pick a tag team cos unless I get a great draw and theres no stip next round I cant see me getting the team I want. But Punk was just too good to ignore.

Well that's understandable as Punk is a great character to use.

I can think of a few teams though who would add massively to a roster. Normally in round 3 you see teams getting taken so it will be interesting to see if that changes this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,873 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry for the delay but after Bryan and Punk going, happy to get Ziggler now

I have to say I'm surprised Ziggles when so early in this round, Liz obviously has big plans for Dolph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,873 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have to say I'm surprised Ziggles when so early in this round, Liz obviously has big plans for Dolph

I didn't have him before and think he could work in a feud with either Owen or Davey

My thoughts exactly! Still some massive names available so Liz must have a solid story for The Zig man. Maybe she is gonna draft Tom Zenk next and team him with Ziggles to make The Z-Men!

Larry Zybsko too for a stable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Thing with Ziggler is that his stock has only fallen the last two years because of WWE's poor booking of a fan favourite. But really Ziggler's a great value 3rd round pick and I think that 1st round stip any other year sees him get picked then. I'm a big Ziggler fan so looking forward to what Liz does with him, as far as feuds & storylines go he can pretty much go anywhere. As a sidenote, Ziggler cashing in the MitB contract is possibly my favourite moment as a wrestling fan since CM Punk winning the title in 2011.

Throw in John Zandig too for all the CZW fans

I knew you would pick him, walt. I'd say my prediction rate is about 60 per cent so far.

P.S. Now I know why Austin got himself a new belt.

*shudder*

• Advertisement

If WouldntYa is around, I'll be here for my pick.

HBK was destined for Uncle Walt after getting past Liz.

Great possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

HBK was definitely my first choice for this round I'm utterly shocked I got him! I've never had HBK, Jericho or the Macho Man before so I'm pretty excited to have a fresh roster this year!

SlickRic wrote: »
    If WouldntYa is around, I'll be here for my pick.

HBK was destined for Uncle Walt after getting past Liz.

Great possibilities.

DM_7 has his the WouldntYa spot now but I think he's around.

I'll be around for a while too if there's any chance of it getting to me this evening.

I've PM'd DM_7 to let him know Flair isn't eligible.

Why wouldn't he be eligible?

Whoops I'm wrong!!!!

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've PM'd DM_7 to let him know Flair isn't eligible.

nevermind :P

:confused::confused: Why isn't he eligible? Wiki says he debuted in 72

Brainfart.

I played this game back when debut cut off was 1975. Got confused!

Your making my heart stop their Slick Ric.....

• Advertisement

I remember that year where the cut-off was '75. Everyone was desperate to get Flair. I think that may have been the game where someone made a cheeky pick of Flair as a manager (because in that particular game managers had no cut-off point :pac:). Good times.

Edit: It was Cactus Col who made that pick. (Thank you search function)

Since Moneymaker is unfortunately not playing, does it just skip him?

PTH2009 took his place

Feels like there has been a lot of changes to the initial line-up. I had to ask BH earlier for the updated list so I could keep track. This is it:

01. Stereomaniac
    02. Shagnastii
    03. Bounty Hunter
    04. LordTSC
    05. LeeJM
    06. aaaaaaaahhhhhh
    07. JP Liz
    08. Uncle Walt
    09. DM7
    10. SlickRic
    11. PTH2009
    12. Beakerjoe
    13. Thebostoncrab
    14. Mr Nice Guy
    15. Imnotthehulk
    16. BrianRegan09
    17. Paulie21
    18. Mrkiscool
    19. Cheese Wagstaff
    20. A Brad Maddox Guy

2 more picks and my first choice for this round is still there. Fingers firmly crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Picked mine so next person

• Advertisement

HBK's gone already

Do we crack on and just let him amend it later himself or do we wait for him to fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fixed now. Done hbk pick in a rush on my break. New pick done

Sorry about mix up

Seems like getting a mid round draw in the first few rounds can actually be a pretty good thing. Keep being surprised by who is going unpicked and then people like Walt end up getting say HBK (the person I was guessing Liz would draft ahead of Ziggler) and he has a great line-up of Jericho, Macho Man & HBK after 3 rounds.

similarily Slick is doing pretty well to have gotten Samoa Joe, Misawa & HHH despite not getting (at least I dont think) any really high draws.

Seems like getting a mid round draw in the first few rounds can actually be a pretty good thing. Keep being surprised by who is going unpicked and then people like Walt end up getting say HBK (the person I was guessing Liz would draft ahead of Ziggler) and he has a great line-up of Jericho, Macho Man & HBK after 3 rounds.

similarily Slick is doing pretty well to have gotten Samoa Joe, Misawa & HHH despite not getting (at least I dont think) any really high draws.

I was 100% sure Liz was going for HBK, would've put money on it with paddy power! Personally I think the first 2 rounds being stips and also reversed were fantastic and made things absolutely fair. I also think some serious talent were left undrafted in both those rounds!

• Advertisement

Making my pick in the next few mins, just double checking a few things

I'm ready to go so we should see some fast picks shortly :)

Couldn't let Nakamura go. Was going to pick him in the first round instead of Hero/Cesaro so delighted to get him now.

Wow TBC that's a disgustingly good pick!

Wow, great pick and both eligible. That's an early fav for the pick of the year slammy. Tremendous value

And the possibilities with Kurt are mouth watering.

Looking forward to the round order for round 4, after 16th and 12th, I'm hoping for a top end draw :) Still great talent on offer late in round 3 and surely the begining of round 4

Nakamura was actually my second choice if I didn't get Kobashi and KENTA so it's the first round all over again! :P

I spent so long last night going through their tag matches trying to find a period which met the 3 month rule, and early NOAH was the answer! Kobashi is someone I have always wanted and think him and Angle would make an amazing match up. Having Hideo/KENTA as a tag pick also is just awesome as you cannot go wrong it the guy, he just works well against everyone.

And both are elibile through promotions too, I didn't know they tagged for more than 3 months, great home work Crabman. Its paid off with a great tag pick

Yep that is an awesome pick. Just when you thought Kobashi wouldn't be picked as part of a tag team for once Double KENTA!

I'll probably put up the draw for rd4 in a few hours

• Advertisement
Advertisement