Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*FIXED* Nvidia nforce 10/100 mbps ethernet problems!

Options
  • 11-12-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

So if I run a speed test through the desktop (wired) I get nothing above 7mbps but if I run a speed test through the laptop (wired) I'm getting 64-65 mbps?

What could be the problem with the desktop?

Any help would be appreciated:o

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Did you install the Nvidia Nforce drivers? Worst chipset I've ever had was Nvidia Nforce, had a similar issue to this and updating the drivers solved it

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

yoyo wrote: »
    Did you install the Nvidia Nforce drivers? Worst chipset I've ever had was Nvidia Nforce, had a similar issue to this and updating the drivers solved it

Nick

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply!

Solved it by going into device manager, network adapters and in speed/duplex settings

It was set to 10MB Full Duplex so I changed it to 100MB half duplex and bob's your uncle smile.png

Thanks again

Advertisement