Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account holder passed away

Options
  • 11-12-2015 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I'm an executor of the will of a person who has passed away. I need to get the account holders name changed to my name. Can you let me know what the procedure is for changing a name on an account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. We are sorry to read of your loss.

As the executor of an account we can update the name on this account to the representatives of the named account holder. Any correspondence relating to the account would then be address to 'The Reps of' the account holder. We can also update the billing address in order to have any correspondence sent to the address of the executor's choosing.

However, we cannot change the name on an account entirely. If you would like to close this account and register the premises into your name you can do so by providing your details, as well as a meter reading for the property.

In order for us to make any changes to the account, could you please provide us with the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • The account holder's name
    • The Electric Ireland account number
    • The first line of the account holder's address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation, in the private message, that you are the executor of the account (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement