Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Norris - Social welfare shouldn't be spent on alcohol

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

esforum wrote: »
    removed

Your original post is the one that is irrelevant, unless you think the guy bought his expensive car with money from the dole (which, if you read your own link, you don't think).

snip

I've been reading it from the start.
    I don't see what an unemployed burglar has to do with the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

I've been reading it from the start.
    I don't see what an unemployed burglar has to do with the thread.

Really? there was nothing in this thread concerning criminals claiming welfare despite not spending a solitary minute looking for a job? Nothing at all???

Really? there was nothing in this thread concerning criminals claiming welfare despite not spending a solitary minute looking for a job? Nothing at all???

Nothing that supports David Norris's remark that welfare recipients shouldn't buy alcohol? Or would you admit that article has nothing to do with the topic of discussion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

David Norris is a cretin who just likes the sound of his own voice and his picture in a newspaper. He must be really floundering for something to stick his mug onto now that his presidential campaign and gay marriage has been boxed off... It's not Nazi Germany and you cannot dictate and indeed police how and on what people spend their money regardless as to where they got it from. He should be reminded that there are far more pressing causes in this state that he could use his ire, notoriety and position to influence then bothering himself with this. At the end of the day if people want to drink they will, on the other hand if they want to better themselves they will. Simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Norris is one to talk about people living off the state, This is the same fella who got a handsome payoff retiring from Trinity on the grounds of ill health, ill but still capable of being in the senate and claiming a nice big salary for that with expenses, The man also claimed disability benefit as well, David Norris has got more money from the taxpayer then any of those unfortunate enough to be unemployed, Guys a pompous arsehole and a hypocrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

Nothing that supports David Norris's remark that welfare recipients shouldn't buy alcohol? Or would you admit that article has nothing to do with the topic of discussion?

oh whatever, i have posted enough in this thread now. Im not covering old ground again everytime someone new enters the debate

oh whatever, i have posted enough in this thread now. Im not covering old ground again everytime someone new enters the debate

Because you were dragging the thread off topic. I've read all your posts, I've read every post. I skipped over the off topic stuff. You cannot surely say that an unemployed burglar (against all the employed ones) is good enough proof to say that David Norris is right and limits should be put on what unemployed people should be allowed to buy, which, let's look at the title, is what this thread is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Folks please stop snipping at each other and get back on topic. Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement