Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Heavy Weights Abroad

• 11-12-2015 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Since fitness-superstore.co.uk doesn't deliver to the Republic of Ireland is it possible to use a private delivery service to get the items to my house? This may sound like a silly question but i'm not used to online shopping! Would love to know how to go about this , appreciate it a lot :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You can engage one of the usual international carriers (UPS, DHL, FedEx etc.) to pickup a parcel at a given address and deliver it to you but usually you will pay for delivery via the vendor i.e. you order from a seller and he will quote for delivery to Ireland. If you find a vendor who won't deliver to Ireland, you will need to get the weight of what you're proposing to buy and get quotes from the delivery firms to see who will pick it up and deliver to you for the lowest price.

In case another poster suggests Parcel Motel, their maximum weight is 10 kgs and I suspect you are looking at stuff that will be heavier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

coylemj wrote: »
    You can engage one of the usual international carriers (UPS, DHL, FedEx etc.) to pickup a parcel at a given address and deliver it to you but usually you will pay for delivery via the vendor i.e. you order from a seller and he will quote for delivery to Ireland. If you find a vendor who won't deliver to Ireland, you will need to get the weight of what you're proposing to buy and get quotes from the delivery firms to see who will pick it up and deliver to you for the lowest price.

In case another poster suggests Parcel Motel, their maximum weight is 10 kgs and I suspect you are looking at stuff that will be heavier.

Thanks a million appreciate it a lot been waiting for a responsive from members but finally have gotten an informative responsive, have a happy christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks a million appreciate it a lot been waiting for a responsive from members but finally have gotten an informative responsive, have a happy christmas :)

You're welcome. I seriously doubt that getting that type of stuff (heavy weights) shipped in by the usual couriers will be a runner when you see their prices because virtually all of them ship by air and the cost of flying your stuff in will probably be just too high. That's if they don't refuse outright - almost all of their vans have just a driver so they will have a weight limit that I suspect will be well below what you're looking at.

Advertisement