Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego online just cancelled my order for no reason

Options
  • 12-12-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I purchased €350 worth of Lego toys for the kids for Christmas on the 6th of December with my credit card. And today I checked my bank and the money was refunded. The original payment was fine and order said it was in warehouse. All the products I ordered were in stock so I have no idea what the problem is. The hotline is closed until Monday and on the website the last orders for Xmas is the 11th. I'm pretty annoyed because I can't get that Lego anywhere.

Has anyone else had that problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Did you actually get an email saying it was cancelled or are you just going by the money being back in your account ? my girlfriend got me 2 modular buildings for Christmas and the money came out of her account and then appeared back in it 2 days later even though they were shipped , they arrived last Tuesday and the money didn't leave her account again until the Wednesday ? , Also I got some stuff a couple of weeks ago and something similar happened , the money was out of my account and then went back to pending until the day before they arrived .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Usually lego don't debit your account until the order has shipped. perhaps there was a billing error which caused your account to billed too soon.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

If there are any irregularities* with an order shipping, sometimes you'll notice them in your bank balance as refunds or partial refunds followed by the amounts being withdrawn later.

It's happened to me twice this year, both times when items shipped at different times. The first was when I ordered the Birds Ideas set alongside some bits and bobs, the birds went out of stock so they shipped the bits and bobs, refunded the birds and then when the Birds set shipped, they withdrew the amount. The second was when I accidentally sent a package to my parents address and, after sending them an email, they slowed the shipping so the address could be changed, phoned me up from their HQ and explained everything.

Send them an email through the websites help section, they'll get back to you as soon as they can.

*multiple items shipping separately, very large or bulky orders, a very busy time, items being temporarily out of stock etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The same thing happened my wife when she ordered The Simpsons House last year. They cancelled without any contact. The issue was a new account with a high purchase price. Some nonsense about security. Took a while to sort it out. Weirdly, she's had nothing but trouble with Lego online store, while I've found them excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Alanbyrne88

gizabeer wrote: »
    Did you actually get an email saying it was cancelled or are you just going by the money being back in your account ? my girlfriend got me 2 modular buildings for Christmas and the money came out of her account and then appeared back in it 2 days later even though they were shipped , they arrived last Tuesday and the money didn't leave her account again until the Wednesday ? , Also I got some stuff a couple of weeks ago and something similar happened , the money was out of my account and then went back to pending until the day before they arrived .

I got no email saying it was cancelled but the money was taken from my account and it said payment pending for days until it was then returned back in the account. When I check the tracking number it keeps saying in warehouse. I'm just worried I won't get the Lego

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

When I ordered direct from Lego, the tracking said it was in the Warehouse for a few days before finally updating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Did you get your order OP?

Advertisement