Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch Gen 1 Backup corrupt. Wont sync. Cant delete backups.

• 12-12-2015 6:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Having an incredibly frustrating problem happen since I upgraded to Win 10 (then clean installed) which is stopping my ipod from syncing.

Initially copied my music folder from my old OS.

Installed a more recent version of itunes (compared to my old Win8 installation) and plugged in my ipod. Was asked to authorize my computer so i did and after I did that I was told that the "itunes could not backup the iphone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iphone" and then got another window saying error 0xE8000003.

It just wont sync. I've looked on here and around the internet for solutions and they all say to delete the backup from within itunes.

Cant delete a backup from the Edit->Preferences->Devices tab since there aren't any listed there and when I delete the contents in the Backup folder in the %appdata% folder it just doesn't work and get the same errors. There isn't anything inside those folders in the Mobile sync\backup folder.

I've restored the ipod back to factory settings on the ipod and still get the same error when I plug it into the computer. I dont actually need anything on the ipod since I use it mostly for music and podcasts which can be synced at anytime.

I have eventually managed to get my podcasts/music to sync with my ipod but I'm still getting the errors.

I can get it to sync by changing what is going to be synced (i.e. adding in some photos/songs or removing them) and then clicking apply (not sync) it syncs the podcast as it should but STILL gives me an error that the backup is corrupted etc when it's done. I honestly have no idea what's causing it or how to solve it.

Anyone know how to get it working?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Connect it to your pc, keep the home key and power key pressed in at the same time until you see a cable icon on the screen, Then on the pc you should see something like update or restore, hit restore(or update same thing really)Let it download the ios, install, job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

So, I've been able to do that already, i think. did it on the actual ipod and did it again on via itunes. it's been restored with the latest ios version available for my ipod.. 3.1.3

I said I think I did that, since my home button is busted on my ipod and doesn't work any more so I haven't been able to get it into a DFU state.

My main problem is that there is a corrupt backup somewhere that itnes keeps attempting to backup (to?) which stops the syncing. I just dont know where it is.

Its broken so. my advise is get a new one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I do plan to get one at some point. It's just it was working 'fine' before the move to Win 10. I dont need the home button to work to get it to function as podcast/music player.

Have you tried it in a win 7 pc ? since the upgrade

• Advertisement
Advertisement