Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early daffodils

Options
  • 12-12-2015 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Now that we're finally getting a cold snap whats likely to happen to my daffs which
    are already up 2 or 3 inches?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Nothing they won't be damaged by the cold even snow and ice and will keep growing away when the temperature is high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Sorry for jumping post, but i have just been given a bag of daffodil bulbs, is it too late to plant, and any advice on planting ? thks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I often buy bargain Daff bulbs in the new year and plant them in January and they are still OK but they don't establish as well and will flower the first year but then take another year to establish so miss a year flowering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

Zebbedee wrote: »
    Now that we're finally getting a cold snap whats likely to happen to my daffs which
    are already up 2 or 3 inches?

one of my daffodils produced a flower a few days ago!!! I took it inside where it opened up beautifully. probably the last daffodil of 2015.

Advertisement