Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW1070

Options
  • 12-12-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am really having a hard time finding an Engr and at the same time fixing my HKC Hybrid SW1070 alarm system. As I was trying to get my head around it, the system has all gone back to default. I am reading the Installation Manual ( no easy read/follow) and trying to understand how and where to start. I get as far as the Log Menu that says No Mapped Zones, No Mapped Sensors etc .. I wish I can just clear the tampers and reset the system- the sensors and bells are all working, I wish there is that switch to RESET Tampers and RESET the system and everything just goes back to normal but ALAS there is NONE! ( maybe I just don't know)

The system is fairly brand new (less than a year) but the Installer is based in London so he asked me to find another HKC Installer/ Engineer to fix it. Do they exist? Anyone near Newcastle?

Please help

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you mean Newcastle in Dublin or Newcastle in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 C Est La Vie

In UK

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This is an Irish site. I wouldn't know of any over there.
    Have you tried contacting HKC over there?
    HKC Ltd
    James Hill Street
    Littleborough
    Lancashire
    OL15 8AE
    Tel: 01706 373560

• Registered Users Posts: 3 C Est La Vie

Yes sir, I am aware this is an Irish site. Been browsing the net for HKC forum, seems this is the only one I found. HKC is an Irish product as well and not many people here use it. I was just hoping I can find someone who is familiar with the product because after many phone calls and messages to them (address you gave me) they found me an Engineer near me (30 miles away) and asking for £85 + vat per hour and £55 + vat on succeeding hour ( i must be in the wrong job now I reckon) to reprogram my alarm (I almost choked). I am just trying to find someone who could help or maybe lesser charges.

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

You are indeed correct, they are an Irish company and we are very familiar with their products. But the software on their UK panels are different from here for some reason.
    £ 85 an hour, well it certainly should not take more than an hour but speaking as someone who is self employed, i in all honesty don't think that is OTT for a professional to come to your home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement