Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlock my emobile phone

Options
  • 12-12-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

I am on bill pay with emobile.
    I changed my phone this year and bought it at carphone warehouse (sony experia).
    I now want to get my phone unlocked.
    When I rang up carphone warehouse, they said I need to contact eir.
    When I rag up eir (1800-690-000), they said I need to contact carphone warehouse as the  original phone I bought with them  when I got the bill pay plan was a HTC phone.
    Can you advise please?
    Liam. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

thebourke wrote: »
    I changed my phone this year and bought it at carphone warehouse (sony experia).
    When I rag up eir (1800-690-000), they said I need to contact carphone warehouse as the  original phone I bought with them  when I got the bill pay plan was a HTC phone.
    Can you advise please?
    Liam. 
    Do you want to unlock the phone you got originally from eir or the sony that you got from carphone warehouse? Was the sony bought on pay as you go? On which network?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Can you advise please?
    Liam. 
    Do you want to unlock the phone you got originally from eir or the sony that you got from carphone warehouse? Was the sony bought on pay as you go? On which network?
    I want to unlock the phone I got from carphonewarehouse..sony experia phoneit's still on the same network...emobile...bill pay...

I want to unlock the phone I got from carphonewarehouse..sony experia phoneit's still on the same network...emobile...bill pay...

But when you bought it from cpw did you take out a new eir contract (new billpay contract or billpay upgrade)or did you buy it outright?(PrePay) Just becuase you put your old sim in it means nothing.

I put in the same sim I was using in the htc phone and told them that.i had to tell them I was on emobile when I bought the phone..

I put in the same sim I was using in the htc phone and told them that.i had to tell them I was on emobile when I bought the phone..
    I didn't have to do anything for my contract as the contract is with emobile.....

• Advertisement

So you bought it outright, as in on PrePay and put your old billpay sim in it. What HTC model s it? May be easy to unlock online.

FrostyJim wrote: »

So you bought it outright, as in on PrePay and put your old billpay sim in it. What HTC model s it? May be easy to unlock online.
    sony  model d2203...

yes I bought it outright..
    130euro

yes I bought it outright..
    130euro

Ok, so it was an eir phone bought on prepay, what you need to do is call Eir back up and tell them that but that you are using your billpay sim in it from day 1. See what they can do for you. If you have no luck from them you can get the unlock code from eBay for about €20.

thANKS JIM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Cheers for helping FrostyJim - great advice

Al

Advertisement