Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bodyshop 40% sale back

• 12-12-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭

www.bodyshop.co.uk

Anyone know how to get an Irish order through using PM or PW ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

www.bodyshop.co.uk

Anyone know how to get an Irish order through using PM or PW ?

I've had difficulty in the past using my credit card even though I have my parcel motel address registered with my card provider.

I've successfully placed orders via Paypal using my parcel motel address for delivery

I think others have contacted them via online chat and placed orders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thank you, I've tried paypal but it inserts Ireland into the address as it's an Irish reg account and there seems to be no way to change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thank you, I've tried paypal but it inserts Ireland into the address as it's an Irish reg account and there seems to be no way to change that.

Not 100% sure ,

I registered on the bodyshop website using my parcel motel address as my address

I then checked out using paypal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Just throw the PW or PM address into the delivery address. Select paypal and then you can add a card with your Irish address. Done this 2 weeks ago and got delivery last week no problem. I used PW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

If you are spending £50 there is a £25 off £50!
    Enter the code "MANIC"

• Advertisement

It won't seem to even let me make an account. Is everyone else managing to register ok?
    It is insisting on a UK mobile phone number. I've looked up the format online but it won't accept anything I came up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

It won't seem to even let me make an account. Is everyone else managing to register ok?
    It is insisting on a UK mobile phone number. I've looked up the format online but it won't accept anything I came up with.

Mobile number isn't a required field. So you can leave it blank.

I put my real address into the fields but I put Dublin Ireland into the Town/City field, selected UK as country and entered the postcode for PW when creating the account. Was able to create then no problem.

Then when placing the order i didn't use that address on my account. I just used the PW address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

i didnt register, just proceeded as a guest

i added items to basket, went to checkout, entered parcelmotel as delivery address, clicked the tick for where it said "billing address same as delivery addesss", clicked on pay via paypal and then that went through with payment. parcelmotel address was already entered as an address in paypal btw

Ideo wrote: »
    i didnt register, just proceeded as a guest

i added items to basket, went to checkout, entered parcelmotel as delivery address, clicked the tick for where it said "billing address same as delivery addesss", clicked on pay via paypal and then that went through with payment. parcelmotel address was already entered as an address in paypal btw

I did this and it worked! Thank you SO much, and thanks to everyone else too. I am embarrassed to say I spent hours trying to make it work before your help. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

sorry, not a BA, just don't want to star new thread.

Did anyone tried to buy from BodyShop UK recently?
    All my orders are not going thru anymore.
    Seems that they blocked all ParcelMotel, AnPost and Fastway courier addresses.
    Tried all three services - no result - getting error message - "We can not proceed with your order".
    Tried 2 different credit cards and even PayPal account.

Spoke on the phone with customer service and they told me, that they are not delivering to PO boxes, courier services anymore.

Never had any type of problems with them before (4 years happy shopping via ParcelMotel)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

andersat2 wrote: »
    sorry, not a BA, just don't want to star new thread.

Tried all three services - no result - getting error message - "We can not proceed with your order".
    Tried 2 different credit cards and even PayPal account.

Spoke on the phone with customer service and they told me, that they are not delivering to PO boxes, courier services anymore.

Never had any type of problems with them before (4 years happy shopping via ParcelMotel)

same issue, they told me they actively block "freight forwarder" services now and to buy instore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Off topic but why would a retailer do this?
    If others start doing it, then the parcel motel thing is dead in the water.
    What would motivate a retailer to block it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

Off topic but why would a retailer do this?
    If others start doing it, then the parcel motel thing is dead in the water.
    What would motivate a retailer to block it

Body shop Ireland may have the hump because their loosing out business to the UK chain.
    I managed to order from them before Christmas to An post addresspal, so you could try their address for delivery as none of the others were working for me either at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

andersat2 wrote: »

Had the same issue before Christmas, tried every variation under the sun across debit and credit card and also PayPal with all the above couriers. Nothing would work. Also ended up with several hundred euros of funds held on my account for a few days from all the attempts..

Eventually gave up, and posted to residential address of a family member in the UK and it worked straight away.

Seems like they’ve certainly tightened down on ensuring they empty the pockets of Irish customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Body Shop in Ireland is a separate company with margins to protect. It's very distatasteful and one of the last bastions of Paddy Pricing / Treasure Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Body Shop in Ireland is a separate company with margins to protect. It's very distatasteful and one of the last bastions of Paddy Pricing / Treasure Ireland.

There's margins and there's outright gouging. Bodyshop Ireland's pricing versus UK prices is gouging

Advertisement