Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc 1070 rkp problem??

Options
  • 12-12-2015 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,I'm wondering if anyone could help me as my head is melted from this.I recently installed a 1070 panel and had everything working perfectly added a new wireless pir disconnected the old wired one and when I closed the panel lid the keypad was displaying rkp no comms ? Powered the panel down and when I powered it back up the keypad just displays a hkc logo it won't take commands or anything just keeps displaying the logo ?? Has anyone come across this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Are you an installer?

Yes

And you don't know the next step in order to find the fault? I presume you're an electrician as well as an alarm installer, going by your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

OP do you have a PSA licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sparkobrien77

kub wrote: »
    OP do you have a PSA licence?

No I do not Ive installed this panel in my own house which is why I don't see the need for a license I don't install these panels on a day to day basis I work for an electrical company in the industrial side of things,I'm just looking for a bit of advice I'm thinking the keypad may need replacing ?

No I do not Ive installed this panel in my own house which is why I don't see the need for a license I don't install these panels on a day to day basis I work for an electrical company in the industrial side of things,I'm just looking for a bit of advice I'm thinking the keypad may need replacing ?

You stated earlier that you were an installer, which has since been deleted. Why did you delete it?

• Advertisement

Fred I (installed) the panel That's why I responded yes I later deleted it knowing that it could be taken up differently and reposted a comment now please **** OFF if you have nothing positive to say or any advice

Fred I (installed) the panel That's why I responded yes I later deleted it knowing that it could be taken up differently and reposted a comment now please **** OFF if you have nothing positive to say or any advice

Lovely stuff altogether :)

Lovely stuff altogether :)

Have you nothing else to be doing with yourself than posting irrelevant comments,usually the way boards.ie works is people post looking for information and normally people who are in the know about the specific task will reply they do not post irrelevant comments just for the sake of it,or to entertain themselves grow up Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭friedcircuits

Yes boards is about helping people etc. I was going to help you until I seen this reply as quoted from you. Some manners and appreciation would probably go along away instead of shooting your mouth off.

Yes boards is about helping people etc. I was going to help you until I seen this reply as quoted from you. Some manners and appreciation would probably go along away instead of shooting your mouth off.

"I was going to help you until I seen this reply as quoted from you"

Of course you were Fred that's why you were so concerned if I was an installer all you were trying to do was tell me that I needed (a) an installer or (b) a license to install alarms,even tho it's on my own premises because you have nothing else to be doing than crawling through threads and posting irrelevant comments.you either post info that might ACTUALLY help the op or you don't.Its really that simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭friedcircuits

"I was going to help you until I seen this reply as quoted from you"

Of course you were Fred that's why you were so concerned if I was an installer all you were trying to do was tell me that I needed (a) an installer or (b) a license to install alarms,even tho it's on my own premises because you have nothing else to be doing than crawling through threads and posting irrelevant comments.you either post info that might ACTUALLY help the op or you don't.Its really that simple

I'm done. You might do a read back there - carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

@sparksobrien77 I could be wrong but the reason I think you were asked if you were an installer was in the past installers had been asking for advice as diyers and getting help for their business on stuff they should of know the the known installers were getting p***** off. When you were asked you said you were an installer instead of you installed the system. For any experienced installer the fault would be found within a few mins.
    There is only 3/4 thing it could be.

Advertisement