Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pubs showing the Spike O'Sullivan fight tomight

Options
  • 12-12-2015 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows of a pub in Cork - anywhere ! That will show the boxing tonight. Local Mahon guy, Spike is fighting for the WBA world middleweight title and I don't have sky sports at home - appears to be on box office and none of the pubs I've phoned so far are showing it.

Any boxing pubs that people know of ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

I would imagine nearly every pub will put it on. Its on at 9.45 so no clashes with anything as the rugby will be finished. Old Oak and the Woolshed would be top spots for watching sport, but remember that it is the 2nd last Saturday before Christmas, so everywhere in town is gonna be packed with 12 pubs and christmas parties

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

CianDon wrote: »
    I would imagine nearly every pub will put it on. Its on at 9.45 so no clashes with anything as the rugby will be finished. Old Oak and the Woolshed would be top spots for watching sport, but remember that it is the 2nd last Saturday before Christmas, so everywhere in town is gonna be packed with 12 pubs and christmas parties

Thanks, I'd rather avoid town if I can :) pubs Ive phoned in Douglas are saying they don't show box office stuff, but maybe it's just that they want Christmas trade rather than sports fans....

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

The Rising Sons had posters up for it last time I was in there so assume it'll be on the big screen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Redcove in mahon will be rocking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its a pity he retired :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

mikeym wrote: »
    Its a pity he retired :(

l thought he did really well. All the bookies were saying he'd be knocked out in 3/4 rounds.

Showed great heart against a superior and quality boxer. Should get more big pay days now, thought it was a very entertaining fight.

Advertisement