Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is studying at BIMM (music degree) a waste?

Options
  • 12-12-2015 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I'm totally confused as to what to do - I love music and I want to study it, but I also want a degree that means something.

The Trinity course has a strong focus on classical music which I don't like it. I can also study French with it, which is safe and I have an interest in it.

The course at BIMM looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it is a worthwhile degree. I want to be a singer of course, but I have realistic expectations about it. I'm afraid that after 4 years, I'll leave college with basically nothing. Because if I don't make a living out of music, which is hard to do, I have pretty much nothing else to do.

Can anyone help me out? I already dropped out once and I need to make the right choice.

Advertisement