Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L'Oreal steam pod...tell me about it!!

Options
  • 12-12-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Ok folks....am v.tempted. Have very unruly hair and its cut short. Sounds mad but could I use the steam pod?? I have a lot of hair on top!! What ye think??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I think it's brilliant
    I have really frizzy hair. It's much better than ghd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Thanks foodie...is it hard to use and do u reckon the plates ok on short hair??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I have bobbed hair with hilites and quite dry. I love it, makes my hair so sleek and soft and doesn't damage it like the ghd because of the treatment steampod keratin creme which is a necessity in my opinion.

I suppose it depends on how short your hair is- I did see a YouTube tutorial of a girl with shortish blonde hair who used it and she thought it was amazing. The plates are quite wide and that's why if it too short I think it would be tricky.

I got mine for 155 euro In Peter Marks which may have been a Black Friday offer but I did have to buy the cream which was 20 euro extra but it was a great investment and I will rarely use my GHD now except for bringing on hols as the steampod is quite bulky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

It changed my life!! I have really curly frizzy hair and gHDs just dry it out and make it bushy, but the steam Pod is amazing. I only do my hair once a week with it, and give it a good conditioning before I use it. I bought the product to go with it but it doesn't suit my hair, as it's really heavy and just makes it greasy.

I cannot recommend it more highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I got the Steam Pod earlier in the year and I just love it. I already have straight hair but I can only imagine the wonders it can do on unruly or frizzy hair. Trust me, this will work a million times better than GHDs or any normal straightener.

Do be warned though that it is quite a bulky unit. I have to use bottled water in mine also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

Why do you need bottled water and do you need a special cream to use with it as well?

If you have seen the big Steam Pods they use in the salon, theirs have a built in filter whereas the ones for home use do not have a filter. You have to test whether your tap water is ok to use in the Steam Pod but if it is not, using bottled water is a must.

You don't "have to" use the cream but I think it is best if you do. I got mine back in May I think and you only need a tiny bit of it, my tube still is pretty full.

I got my steam pod from a website called allbeauty. It was around the May bank holiday and they had 10% off so it worked out a good price, even with the cream.

If you are interested I did write about the Steam pod on my blog a while back :phttp://ziegfeldgirlbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/loreal-rowenta-steam-pod.html

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

I have scalp psoriasis so rarely use my ghd as it make the psoriasis a lot worse. I wonder if the steampod would be any different. Probably just wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Has anyone used the steam pod with extensions? Have a few extensions in and got one as a present but not sure if it'd be good to use with them or should I return it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement