Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for Dad to be

Options
  • 12-12-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I've got my husbands Christmas presents all sorted but I've decided I'd like to add a little something else, but I'm stumped! Basically I'm six months pregnant and the pregnancy is all about baby and mammy, so I'd like to get him something for him and the baby. My mam has a baby carrier bought for him which I know he'll love, so I was thinking something else along these lines. Something he can use with the baby once it arrives. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience of something they found handy as a first time Dad? Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Ah that's a really lovely idea. :)

There are some decent books you can get that are tailored especially for dads. I think I bought this one for my son's dad, I'm not sure he ever even read it, but I did and found it good!

Is he into swimming at all? A voucher for WaterBabies could be a great present! (Depending on his availability with work etc, of course.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RainbowPepper

Oh I love the water babies idea! Never thought of that. My niece and nephews have been swimming since they were tiny and he always thought that was great. It's a lovely way to bond too. That's perfect thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Yep bringing babies swimming is a big Daddy thing to do. When my husband brings our toddler he said there's Always lots of other Dads there!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

Got my hubbie an armani wallet from the baby when he was born and a card that said "thanks for taking care of mummy & I for the last 9 months" or something along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Oh I love the water babies idea! Never thought of that. My niece and nephews have been swimming since they were tiny and he always thought that was great. It's a lovely way to bond too. That's perfect thank you!

My lo goes to waterbabies with her dad and he loves it. Although hes the only man in his group lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement